“Good cheap place near Airport”

Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Good cheap place near Airport”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This place had cheapest price in the 3-4 hotels along this road near the airport. But it was remodeled in 2013 so all the rooms seem very new inside---much nicer that expected for what I paid! The lobby and hallways still seem a little older still, but you spend more of your time in the room. Fairly easy to get to from airport. Many restaurants nearby, Target across the street. I've already made reservations for my 2nd business stay. Easy access to get on highway to drive downtown.

Room has flat screen with HD TV, free wifi, and DVD player with movies you can check out at the front desk. Kitchen has dishes, pots/pans, silverware, dishwasher, coffee maker, microware, fridge, etc.

There is no free breakfast here however, but you have fridge, microwave, dishes, etc. to make your own if you are here long enough. They do have a pantry with free coffee and option to purchase convenience food items. You could also go to Target across street to the food items you want.

So a nice, full-functioned room at a good price with minimal extras.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Northolmsted, Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. You really did your research! We are happy that you are coming back to see us again. Stop by the front desk to say hello!

Dave Mamer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We ended up having to stay at this property for a last minute trip. This hotel is an excellent value. Cleanliness is great and the amenities for the price cannot be beat. For the price your paying there should be no complaint about thin walls. This is a budget property and it provides an excellent value. The studio we had was fantastic and the beds were comfortable and adequate. When speaking with the staff they couldn't have been nicer. This place was packed with people a full house. It is a very nice safe area with a mall and restaurants right nearby. Additionally, this is very close to the airport I will stay here again without a problem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob L
Northolmsted, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for the great 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay.
Hope to see you again on your next visit to Cleveland.
Hinckley, Ohio
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel has become my home and the staff are my family. They are patient, understanding and just a great group of people. As my home search continues they have been accommodating and pleasant. They even helped me find someone to repair my car.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Northolmsted, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time. I am glad to hear that the hotel and staff were great.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here! The rooms are nice and updated, with a comfy bed, plenty of pillow, lots of pots and pans to cook with and free laundry! All of the staff of the hotel were a pleasure to deal with and did everything they could to make our stay as enjoyable as possible (with the exception of one late night attendant on a Saturday). However, I heard FAR more of the other guests than I wanted to. The people above were stomping around their room CONSTANTLY. I mean, we could literally hear every step they took from 7 am until 2 am. And it was LOUD. We also had the pleasure of hearing and observing an *ahem* "Lady of the Night" at work in the room next to us during our stay. NO THANK YOU! Still, I guess these are things that happen in hotels, unfortunately. The hotel itself and most of the staff were stellar.

Room Tip: Ask for somewhere quiet, I wish we had!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review. I am happy to hear that you took advantage the great amenities that we offer.
I do apologize for the noise. I understand that it can be frustrating. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The whole place was amazing! Very Beautiful ! Great quality ! Affordable ! The people at the front desk were very helpful and understanding. The room was absolutely glorious! Spacious closets and bathroom plenty of room for all of our luggage

• Stayed January 2014
Northolmsted, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the kind words you had for the property and our staff.

The Candlewood Suites Cleveland Team
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I arrived in the middle of a heavy rain shower. It's too bad the property doesn't have a roof to pull under and unload your bags in such weather. Check-in was nice and efficient, however the assigned room had a connecting door-which I hate. So I went back and asked for a different room, they gave me one without any problems and then later in the evening even double-checked the new room was ok for me.
Indeed it was, it was rather new and very clean. There's a Walmart Supercenter just across the street which is convenient if you want to buy some food. Which is exactly what I did and prepared myself a decent dinner in suite. All the kitchen utensils were there, nothing missing.
The only thing that bothered me was the uncomfortable mattress. I know this is usually a personal preference, but I am not very picky and usually sleep soundly on any mattress. However this one really didn't feel comfortable, as if it was too soft, and produces squeeky noises if you turned around.
All in all a nice property for a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Usually I ask for top-floor rooms, but top floor is all smoking in this property.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the 4 star review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

The Candewood Suites Cleveland Staff
Trapped in Maryland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The room in the Candlewood North Olmsted looks newly renovated with fresh carpet, modern kitchen cabinets, and a sleek bathroom countertop and tile floor. The room layout and small size are standard Candlewood.

Some parts of the room were dusty when I checked in. My pet peeve is when the shower drain is partially clogged so that the water drains too slowly. To me, it says that the bathroom is not well cleaned... otherwise the slow drain would be noticed by housekeeping staff. A slow drain was the case here. I removed the tub stopper and cleaned out the huge wad of hair myself.

The location is good for a long stay. There is a good Wal Mart right across the parking lot (can walk easily). The Great Northern Mall is on the other side of the main street. The hotel sits right near an exit from I-480.

I like this property better than previous Candlewoods that I have been in. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Northolmsted, Manager at Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Hello,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. It seems that your really enjoyed the hotel except for a few things. We appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We will make sure to speak with our housekeeping staff to make sure the things you mentioned are taken care of on a daily basis.
Thank you again for staying with us. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

The Candlewood Suites Cleveland Staff
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North

Been to Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead? Share your experiences!