“It was a comfortable nights sleep - clean - no frills” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
West Hempstead, New York
“It was a comfortable nights sleep - clean - no frills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

About what I expected. Beds were comfortable and bathroom clean. My 7 year old son and I stayed here while attending the national sports collectors convention at the expo center. We used the pool and hot tub which were clean (perhaps a bit over chlorinated) and basic. Seemed like they could use a lesson in service - I don't think any of the employees said a word to us except during check in and out at the front desk (inclusive of no one offering to help with our luggage - which I would have refused anyway.)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Costa Mesa CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Someone from corporate should look very closely at this poorly run property.

After checking in, I did in fact call the La Quinta customer service and expressed my concerns and they seems t care but nothing was done to improve our stay.

Our company put us here for 4 nights at $105.00. The rooms are so small that with luggage and lap tops we are falling over each other. The tiny bathroom is a joke but it is clean.

The lobby is cramped and the manager (with the hat) is on his cell phone constantly and speaks to you with out looking up.

In three days, the hallways were never vacuumed and the elevators had muddy footprints from the rain and were never cleaned.

The bed is OK and the pillows are useable, but the linens have seen better days.

We have told everyone on this business trip to avoid this property as no one seems to care about the surroundings and if you want to speak to the front desk personnel, catch them outside, smoking on one of their numerous breaks!

We are Elite members and have stayed at some nice locations with La Quinta but this one is a big disappointment and will be avoided at all costs!

Room Tip: At the Courtyard down the street!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Although it states this hotel is "smoke-free" I found that to not be true. The lobby itself smells strongly of cigarettes as did the halls.
They put me in room 210 which was just across from the elevator. The little time I had to sleep was interrupted repeatedly by other travelers coming and going especially in the morning.
The AC was on high cold when I entered and it was freezing! I tried the "Fan Only" to take the chill off but my widow was by the lobby entrance where all the smokers hang so the "fresh air" was anything but. Next I tried the heat on low and I thought a fire was going to start! It clearly was out of order and now I really had a smokey smell in my room.
Turns out the mass AC was really on to hide an unpleasant stale odor.
The room "looked" clean but the bedding and pillows were NOT!
If I had to guess they were either washed with too many other items, too little soap or not at all. Ick.
In the early morning a male housekeeper began LOUDLY knocking on doors shouting HOUSEKEEPING! each time. I had my DND tag out but at 10:30 I too received a loud knock and yell, so I yelled back... "Don't you see my Do Not Disturb tag!"
I received no response. Check out was 12 so it seemed very, VERY rude.
I reported this (kindly) to the front desk gal. I never like to be nasty to any working person especially if they aren't ultimately responsible. She was sympathetic to my rough night but no compensation was offered and I did not ask for any.
My main concern was that fire hazard in the room and that it should be addressed.
I have since received an email from La Quinta to comment which I did and I received a response stating my complaints would be addressed and my account adjusted (what amount wasn't specified). So far no adjustment has been made to my credit card.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LLinFL
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is conveniently located among a number of shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean, comfortable and fair priced! Welcoming and friendly, the staff make staying away from home a pleasure. Whenever I travel to Cleveland I will be staying at the LaQuinta in North Olmstead. Doina makes the best cookies!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jay C
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location is right across from a mall and lots of restaurants nearby and off the an interstate. The hotel is nice and the beds/pillows are comfy. The breakfast was typical of most continental breakfasts but still satisfying. The only complaint would be the rooms are a bit smaller than expected. Other than that I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stdrwt11
Kumar-Owner, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 14 November 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor Review. As a side tip, please note that we also have sutes, typically at only a nominal price increase, as the hotel is a La Quinta Inn & Suites; in fact, we have suites, including 2-bedroom suites, that many other hotels don't offer. We are glad that you plan to stay here again!
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This suites hotel has a staff who is friendly and efficient; great breakfast bar and area. Awesome indoor pool for use when the weather is inclement. The room is nicely appointed with new furniture; a refrigerator, microwave, coffee machine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kumar-Owner, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 6 November 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities. All of our rooms, standard or suite, are deluxe providing a mini refrigerator with a small freezer component and a microwave at no additional cost to our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest on your next visit to the greater Cleveland area.

Kumar
Des Plaines, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family needed a nice hotel for a mini reunion. This La Quinta was so perfect. It had something for everyone. The teens with us simply had to cross the street to shop till they dropped at The Great Northern Mall. The seniors with us enjoyed meeting for breakfast and gabbing at the hotel's free continental breakfast in the lobby. They loved the make em yourself waffles. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And we were within shouting distance of so many restaurants we had a hard time choosing every night. Next time we visit, we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are best. First floor stays, you'll hear kids running for the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. We try to provide a number of amenities for a variety of guests and am glad you enjoyed your hotel stay. We look forward to another nice stay on your next visit to the greater Cleveland area.

Kumar
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!