“Good place to stay, what you expect from Radisson”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Good place to stay, what you expect from Radisson”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Nice place to stay, good rooms, good desk service. Most of the construction seems to be done, except we wish the hot tub was working, it looked like they were replacing it. Clean rooms, no bedbugs, pleasant employees

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. The team here is glad you enjoyed our accommodations, and we hope you will visit us again in the near future. Yes, the renovation is complete and we are happy to offer a refreshed look to all of our guests! Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I made a reservation with Radisson direct. They didn't tell me the Hotel was under construction. It was mess. Parking was a nightmare. No Handicap parking available. My rate included breakfast. Due to the construction
the dining room was in a meeting room. Food was cold. People were sneezing on the buffet, using their hands, staff observed and did not rotate the food. The Front desk didn't care about anything. Even where the nearest Gas Station was.The computer room had no AC. One the plus side the housekeeping was above average

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rd400
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
We apologize for the experience you had at our hotel during renovations. We are attempting to get this completed as soon as possible so problems like these do not reoccur in the future. We hope you will give us another chance to see what the Radisson has to offer, and to restore your faith in our hotels. Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Old carpet, ac not working in common area, patch hole on walls in room, old old...even with remod. would not stay again. Door card keys not working! Front desk reprogram 4 cards, none work and people in lobby wait for card reprog.

Room Tip: do not pick 2nd floor, roof top walk to your window. dont feel safe. ugly!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pltv
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We apologize for the deficiencies you noted in your comments. I am happy to say that the renovations are complete at this time, the key issues have been resolved, as well as the air conditioning unit. It was a trying time for all of us at the Radisson and we appreciate the continued patience of all of our guests and look forward to having you as our guest in our newly renovated hotel. We continue to improve our facility and service levels with the anticipation of exceeding your needs during future stays. Thank you again!
san francisco
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is truly one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever stayed in. First the of all the first floor was completely being torn up. I understand renovations can be messy but this was so bad the hotel shouldn't have even been open. The minute you walked in the back hall you were just greeted by the horrible odor. Check in was fine and fast but it stops there because once i got to my room check in wasn't go great.
First of all, there was no air conditioning in the guest halls and it was 100 degrees outside. So one can only imagine how hot it was in the halls. Then I proceed to my room only to open the door and find a horrible sight. I was in the room and look to my left towards the bathroom and what do i see. The bathroom light on and the toilet is completely full to the brim almost overflowing with crap. Literally somebody's crap!!! I was so grossed out , I almost threw up.
The room itself smelled and was so outdated that I bet it hadn't had a renovation in 20 years. The bed was not even neatly made. The duvet cover was all wrinkly and the bed skirt even had holes in it. But I would have to say the worst part after the toilet was on the second evening when the bugs came to visit .. First two spiders crawling on the sofa. Then laying in bed and looking up to see roaches crawling on the ceiling above me. Then the next morning it is 9am and I have the door not disturb sign out cause I am packing to leave and getting ready. The maid still bangs on the door and asks "are you checking out?. I say "yes", then she says "well what time are you leaving"? How rude!!!!
So I am not sure how this hotel can have decent reviews because they are deceiving!! Nobody with any class or taste would ever stay in this hotel. This is a motel 6 not a Radisson.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ericsf
chicago
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Big comfortable rooms with new everything. Really great staff. I live in hotels and not always this impressed

• Stayed July 2012
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We appreciate your feedback. I will be sure to share your thoughts about our caring employees with the entire team here. The team here truly embraces the "Yes I Can" philosophy while taking care of our guests. We are wrapping up renovations and look forward to sharing our refreshed look with all of our guests. We hope to see you back soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my nieces and cousin because we went to Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH. This Radisson is currently under construction. There is a makeshift entryway to the hotel, the lobby is not really a lobby, and there are other visible signs of construction as you enter the hotel. That being said, I have no other complaints. We stayed on the third floor. As we entered the hallway from the elevator there was a very pleasant fresh smell in the hallway. Our room smelled the same way and was extremely clean and comfortable (no bedbugs)! The hotel is located within walking distance of restaurants (Chilis, Macaroni Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse), a mall, Walmart, and a very short driving distance from several other restaurants, a grocery store and many places to shop. I also couldn't beat the Hotwire price of $65 per night (the only reason why I could imagine the hotel being so cheap is because of the construction). I was very pleased with my stay at this Radisson! If you can overlook the current construction, you should have a pleasant stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank larel25
, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the location and everything the area has to offer. I'll also be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping department regarding the cleanliness and pleasant smell of the hallway and your room. Yes, we are very much looking forward to completing our lobby and restaurant renovation and having a refreshed hotel to offer to all of our guests. Thank you for your patience during this process. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel is most definitely undergoing renovations. The common areas were looking very rough and dirty. At the time of my stay (5/22/12) the main entrance was routed through a back door, which sadly was not spruced up. Door propped open, broken tile and concrete along with a dirty entry hallway which led you a temporary, makeshift reception area, located behind the elevator bank. It looked like they may have had a temporary bar set up next to the “front desk” as there were people sitting at a couple of tables having drinks.

The check in process was fine. Adequate staff. They were busily folding towels in between guest check in and I assume bartending duties.

The elevators had not yet been renovated and definitely needed some sprucing up.

The room was a nice size (not yet renovated) and had a king bed, a sofa and a chair. Bed and bedding were very comfortable. Lighting was sufficient. Flat screen television with the standard cable channels. The room did overlook the hotel’s garbage area and as luck would have it, I was there when the garbage truck made its early morning rounds. Towels were numerous, thick and fluffy.

No issue with noise in the room other than the garbage truck mentioned earlier.

Internet was included. It did not function at first, but when the front desk was called they said that they were working on the situation and expected to have it resolved within fifteen minutes. It was. The speed was sufficient for my needs.

I did not try anything in the hotel, but did notice that the hotel’s breakfast room service offerings were reasonably priced.

Location
As others have mentioned, the Great Northern Mall is located across the street from the hotel. There is a Red Robin restaurant on one side of the building. A Chili’s and a Macaroni Grill are approximately a five minute walk from the front door of the hotel. There is a Wal Mart and Target in walking distance of the hotel as well.

In summary, the common areas of the hotel were pretty depressing and battered. The actual room was clean and comfortable. I would hold off staying there until they complete the renovation process. Room price was definitely not discounted to reflect the poor condition of the common areas.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during this time of renovations at our hotel. We look forward to the completion of the renovation in July and the enhanced atmosphere it will bring to our public areas. I am sharing your comments with our team here as it's important to every department that we put our best foot forward to focus on our valued guests during this time of renovation. I hope you will give us another opportunity should your travel plans call for a return trip to the area. I'm sure you will like our new and improved facility!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!