“Great stay”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
PA
“Great stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Check in was very easy and the lady at the front desk was nice and helpful. We had adjoining rooms; they were both very nice and the one with the king bed had a balcony. The 2 doubles room had a couch and seemed larger than most hotel rooms.

We ordered room service one night and it was decently priced and the food was very good. The parking was convienent and there was a lot of restaurants and shopping in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. I'll be sure to share your remarks with the team here, especially the front desk and room service. We are glad you enjoyed the service and the amenities our hotel has to offer. We hope to be your hosts again should your travels bring you back to the area. Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
near boston
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have to start by saying the hotel was still undergoing the remodeling while we stayed here the week of July 9th. As the construction was confined to the lobby area
we had an upper floor room (3rd floor) that was away from the construction dust and noise. The room was clean, comfortable (did get used to the sleep number bed).

I applaud the desk staff for working through the construction. We did have a problem with the wireless internet in the room, both the evening manager and the day staff went far out of their way to address the problem (even had us speak directly with the service provider technician assigned to the hotel who was quite helpful)
They managed to resolve the problem for us, even went so far as to go through with their own
wireless devices to confirm the situation.

The two women who worked in the morning were excellent in helping resolve the problem.
The attitude of both of these women as well as the gentleman who worked evenings was excellent and is to be applauded.

This was my first stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again on our next trip to Cleveland
Many restaurant choices and the mall are both walking distance from the hotel (almost across the street).

Room Tip: Upper floor, facing office park
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. Our convenient location makes it easy for our guests to choose from all of the shopping, restaurants, and entertainment that the area offers. Yes, the renovation work did present challenges but our dedicated team worked through it and I'm proud to say it is complete and offers our guests a welcoming, refreshed atmosphere. We hope to see you again in the near future!
michigan
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The clinic decided it was best that I stay for a second day, so I was not going to go 109 miles home and come back, I am not willing to pay rack rate, and since Priceline assigned me to this hotel I was happy!

At check in, while everyone was nice, I had to listen to OH your reservation through Priceline, just need a form of payment for incidentals! This has happened at other properties and it just makes me feel guilty cause I booked through Priceline. MY thought is if the hotel is willing to offsell rooms to Priceline, then I have nothing to feel guilty about!

I faxed the hotel prior to my arrival that I am confined to a PWC, and would be needing a fridge for my meds, when I was checking in, they obviously knew what I needed as they already had arranged the room prior to my arrival, which was around 5:30PM

After being up for 14 hours I was tired, so I went and took a nap. Woke up around midnight, and had dry mouth so I went to the vending machine, it only takes coins and DOLLAR bills, since I only had a five dollar bill and a credit card, I was out of luck. So I rolled down to the front desk, the agent at the desk had no change! She went above and beyond and went to the restaurant and get me a cup of soda! Which taking my meds, it was most appreciated! Then off to bed I went.

Woke up around 9AM, rolled down to the front desk to get change for the vending machine, this time the desk only had $20 BILLS. The Desk agent summoned a waitress from the restaurant and was able to get change

So while this was an ordeal, I called to speak to the GM and Eric took the call and I informed him what had transpired and he took care of the problem as so hopefully it does not repeat itself. Now I have read some of the reviews on this property, needless to say my EXPERIENCE was Above and Beyond, the staff at the hotel will do whatever it takes to make sure the guest is comfortable, the room I had was clean, there was NO bedbugs, there was NO stained carpet, NOTHING wrong with the bathroom, my first floor room had a sliding door which was secured by a bar.

This Property did go through a major renovation, it is something that does not happen over night, I think I saw a paint bucket or two, but beyond that it is CLEAN, QUIET and quite impressive!

So If I was asked the question does the Staff at Radisson support their Guest, Absolutely!

Lastly someone might ask why did I rate the hotel as excellent, because the staff DID do something about the problem, I had a room that was clean and had safety in mind.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments. I understand that your original plans did not call for an overnight stay in our area, but we were very happy to accommodate you. My apologies again about the confusion with the change, but I'm happy to hear that our team went above and beyond to make sure you had what you needed. Should you need a future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me at 440-734-5060. We hope to see you again soon!
Eric Cybulski
Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Nice place to stay, good rooms, good desk service. Most of the construction seems to be done, except we wish the hot tub was working, it looked like they were replacing it. Clean rooms, no bedbugs, pleasant employees

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. The team here is glad you enjoyed our accommodations, and we hope you will visit us again in the near future. Yes, the renovation is complete and we are happy to offer a refreshed look to all of our guests! Thanks again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I made a reservation with Radisson direct. They didn't tell me the Hotel was under construction. It was mess. Parking was a nightmare. No Handicap parking available. My rate included breakfast. Due to the construction
the dining room was in a meeting room. Food was cold. People were sneezing on the buffet, using their hands, staff observed and did not rotate the food. The Front desk didn't care about anything. Even where the nearest Gas Station was.The computer room had no AC. One the plus side the housekeeping was above average

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rd400
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
We apologize for the experience you had at our hotel during renovations. We are attempting to get this completed as soon as possible so problems like these do not reoccur in the future. We hope you will give us another chance to see what the Radisson has to offer, and to restore your faith in our hotels. Thank you for your feedback.

Travellers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Old carpet, ac not working in common area, patch hole on walls in room, old old...even with remod. would not stay again. Door card keys not working! Front desk reprogram 4 cards, none work and people in lobby wait for card reprog.

Room Tip: do not pick 2nd floor, roof top walk to your window. dont feel safe. ugly!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pltv
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We apologize for the deficiencies you noted in your comments. I am happy to say that the renovations are complete at this time, the key issues have been resolved, as well as the air conditioning unit. It was a trying time for all of us at the Radisson and we appreciate the continued patience of all of our guests and look forward to having you as our guest in our newly renovated hotel. We continue to improve our facility and service levels with the anticipation of exceeding your needs during future stays. Thank you again!
san francisco
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is truly one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever stayed in. First the of all the first floor was completely being torn up. I understand renovations can be messy but this was so bad the hotel shouldn't have even been open. The minute you walked in the back hall you were just greeted by the horrible odor. Check in was fine and fast but it stops there because once i got to my room check in wasn't go great.
First of all, there was no air conditioning in the guest halls and it was 100 degrees outside. So one can only imagine how hot it was in the halls. Then I proceed to my room only to open the door and find a horrible sight. I was in the room and look to my left towards the bathroom and what do i see. The bathroom light on and the toilet is completely full to the brim almost overflowing with crap. Literally somebody's crap!!! I was so grossed out , I almost threw up.
The room itself smelled and was so outdated that I bet it hadn't had a renovation in 20 years. The bed was not even neatly made. The duvet cover was all wrinkly and the bed skirt even had holes in it. But I would have to say the worst part after the toilet was on the second evening when the bugs came to visit .. First two spiders crawling on the sofa. Then laying in bed and looking up to see roaches crawling on the ceiling above me. Then the next morning it is 9am and I have the door not disturb sign out cause I am packing to leave and getting ready. The maid still bangs on the door and asks "are you checking out?. I say "yes", then she says "well what time are you leaving"? How rude!!!!
So I am not sure how this hotel can have decent reviews because they are deceiving!! Nobody with any class or taste would ever stay in this hotel. This is a motel 6 not a Radisson.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!