“Comfortable bed but...”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We wanted a night away and a hot tub. Well first they put us in a nice room but it did not have the Sleep Number bed we had booked. We called the front desk and the man working apologized and moved us. We got moved into a Sleep Number room but the room was not as nice (wallpaper should be repaired and holes around the vanity) . Ok, not a huge deal, bed was comfy and it was clean. We then went to look for the Whirlpool they advertise. It has been removed!! So our night away in a hot tub did not happen. We made the best of it and had a good time but will not stay there again. Would have gone in the pool but it is very small and a family of 5 pretty much filled it.
Note to the Radisson...You might want to take the whirlpool out of the listing and pictures for the hotel to avoid more disappointed customers.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I knew that the Radisson was renovating like several other hotels in the areas. When I checked in, the girl at the counter was very excited to tell me that the renovations were complete.

Upon entering my room, I was very disappointed. Nothing was different. The wallpaper was peeling at every seam. There was mold in the bathroom. Furniture looked old and dirty.

I travel a lot in this area for business but I will not stay here again!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike49389
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

We are sorry to hear of the condition of your room while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. Again, please accept my more sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Overall, this is a good hotel if you are looking for an affordable rate in North Olmsted. Not too far of a drive to downtown Cleveland. My room itself was fine but the hallway approaching it smelled like urine. The hotel is a little run down but has a lot of potential. Renos are ongoing and it could look great when they're all complete.

I was disappointed that I was not recognized as a Club Carlson Elite member. Maybe the computer system isn't updated to show this. I did see Club Carlson paraphernalia throughout the hotel. The pool was closed for repair and I feel that if this should be noted on the reservation. The fitness room did not contain the equipment as pictured on the website.

As long as you don't pay a lot of $$$ (over $80) than it's worth a try.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We always appreciate any feedback that our guests give us! I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you noted in your review regarding the pool/fitness center and not being recognized as an elite member. I have addressed this issue with our team to ensure that all Club Carlson members are recognized at check-in. Regarding the pool, a portion of our pool deck was just resurfaced and needed a couple of days to dry. We are happy to note that this project is complete as well as most of the renovations and hope you will give us another opportunity to host you and your family should your plans call for you to be back in the Cleveland area. Thank you again!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Overall, for the price I paid, I was satisfied with the Radisson Hotel - Cleveland Airport (CLE). I stayed here for one night on a business trip, getting an excellent deal on one of the discount travel websites. Here are the details from my stay:

The hotel is only a few exits away from the airport, and they run a shuttle if you don't want to rent a car. I got in late at night, and I'd say, from the airport with no checked bags, picking up a rental car, I was at the hotel in about 30 minutes from getting off the plane. If you need to go shopping for some reason, there is a Wal-Mart nearby, as well as a shopping mall.

The room was spacious and comfortable, about what you would expect at the star level. There were water bottles in my room, which is always a plus. The hotel seems like it's been doing piecemeal updates to the facility overall and rooms. Case in point, the bathroom had a new, beautiful granite counter top, but the wall paper was starting to peel in places. The showerhead and clock radio honestly had to be 15-20 yrs old. I think an entire makeover to some of your rooms is better than a partial makeover for all of your rooms.

Another quirk for this hotel were the "sleep number" beds in my room. I found the bed comfortable enough, but I don't use a sleep number bed at home. There is a little controller to increase the firmness of your mattress, and it was working when I slept there. I guess this is a plus for someone who uses a sleep number bed at home!

I didn't try the breakfast, but it looked overpriced for what you got. The usual hot buffet you might get elsewhere for free was around $11.00, and not sure if that includes juice / coffee.

Hopefully you get a good deal on this hotel, and if you do, I don't see any reason why you won't have a good stay here. It met my expectations for the price paid and really don't have any complaints.

Room Tip: For breakfast, try the Panera near the mall across the street. It's no more than a 3 minute driv...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your review about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport! We enjoy hearing from all of our guests as it allows to use your feedback to improve our product and service levels. I will be sharing your comments with our team here to ensure our future guests receive Yes I Can service! We are glad that you found our location convenient during your brief stay in the Cleveland area. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the airport area.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked this room for a recent trip to visit a sick family member. It just so happened that Hurricane Sandy knocked out the power at my family's pace, so I needed another room stat. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate me and my family. They even came through in a medical emergency, and they landed us a wheelchair for free. My king standard room was very nice, incredible sleep number bed, and cute toiletries. Very clean, although housekeeping skipped some of the days, strangely enough. Room service was great- right on time, nice fresh food. Plus, they let my dog stay for free! View is not much to look at but there are plenty of restaurants nearby, as it is across the street from the Great Northern mall.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

We are happy to hear you survived our visit from Hurricane Sandy while you were visiting your family here. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Radisson Cleveland Airport! Yes, the storm presented many challenges for all of us in the Cleveland area. However, it's in these times when all of us seem to pull together and help one another out. We were happy to learn we made your trip here a little more comfortable. We hope you and your family are alright and hope to see you if your plans call for you to be back in the area. I will be sure to share your thoughts with our entire team! Thanks again.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here on our way to a long weekend in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania so it was just to sleep. The bed was really very comfortable. The staff was very service oriented and the hotel and our room were very clean.
I booked the "bed and breakfast" special online remembering the great breakfast buffet at another Radisson in Kalamazoo. However here it was barely better than the breakfast buffet we could get at a more economical hotel/motel.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TravelerSue42
Eric C, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Cleveland Airport! We enjoy hearing from all of our guests and using your feedback to help our team deliver Yes I Can service! I have shared your comments with the team here and we are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and comfortable bed. I have also let our restaurant team know your concern regarding the breakfast buffet and are looking at ways to improve the presentation and quality of our food. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in mid-September, 2012. It was definitely a good experience. The front desk staff was helpful, the facility was clean and convenient to the airport and interstate, the pool was perfect.....we couldn't ask for more. We'll be staying there again next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnH18510

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Radisson Cleveland Airport. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to utilize our pool and recreational amenities. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you to back to the Cleveland area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Radisson Hotel Cleveland - Gateway
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!