“Perfect”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
Dublin
“Perfect”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Great huge rooms, with amazing beds and great service. No issues. lobby is dull but its an airport hotel. Perfect for what it is. Staff were very helpful

Free airport shuttle bus :)Free airport shuttle bus :)

Room Tip: Ring the shuttle bus at airport or you may wait a while
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Joyce L, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel, The Radisson Cleveland Airport. I appreciate that you took the time to write about your stay, our huge rooms, comfortable beds and great service. I will share your comments with the team at this months employee luncheon. I am very proud of the serivce that our team provides to our guests.

Please let me know when you will be in Cleveland and staying with us again so I can thank you in person for being one our valued guests.

Again, my thanks for you taking time to express your postivie stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I'm here currently and stay here 4-5 times a year due to work. This was a personal trip and therefore I made my own reservation. Booked on a third party site as most smart travelers do. I check in to the hotel with the Front Office Manager Debi Wilmoth. I requested a king room with a balcony and casually mention to my travel partner that I enjoy the balcony to have a smoke or a glass of wine. Debi does some clicking around on her computer and tells me no King rooms are available and no patio rooms are available. Fine, I understand that's the risk you take when booking with a 3rd party. She then asks' if I want to put a credit card on file for incidentals. Knowing that I dislike the food from the hotel (and 100's of excellent options within a few miles of the the hotel) I initially declined and asked if it was necessary (some hotels require some don't) and she initially paused and then said "well yes it is necessary now that I know you are a smoker. You can't smoke in the rooms." I informed her I was plenty aware of this and had no intention to smoke in my room. She slid my card and held an incidental charge for $25.00. No big deal, but the attitude in which it was done was distasteful and hardly professional.

Mediocre room that has definitely not been remodeled. They do have other rooms that have been remodeled and are up to par with what I normally see at Radisson chains. The hotel is right across the street from Great Northern Mall which has just about everything you can think of.

Fast forward a bit, my sister in law maybe coming into town tonight and calls the hotel to ask about room availability. She was told that there was indeed king availability. Hmmm. I went downstairs and explained the situation. Debi says "1 king room became available due to a cancellation" and proceeds to answer the phone. Nothing else.

I simply don't appreciate the apathetic and rude attitude of what is supposed to be a manager. I will not be staying here and will be ending my companies contract with this hotel. Exercise your options in the area (there are plenty)!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephanie F
Joyce L, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Stephanie,

Please accept my apology for the lack of hospitality shown to you during your check in process and during your second visit to the front desk. As you have stayed with us in the past you know that this is not our normal stadard for providing great guest service. Your issues will be addressed promptly. It is my hope is that you will reconsider and continue to stay with us here at the Radisson as you are a valued repeat guest. Please contact me personally during your next trip to Cleveland and I will personally handle your reservation. Also if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me. Again my apology and zI look forward to speaking with you and seeing you in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

South Africa
Reviewed 22 April 2013

There really wasn't anything to dislike about this hotel. Initially, there was some sort of a convention going on that had a lot of tacky-looking displayas, which kind-of cheapened the appearance in the lobby and hallways. Once this was over, it was actually very nice-looking.

Here's what we liked:
1. VERY comfortable bed! We had a king.
2. Clean room, and very nice furnishings.
3. A constant fan on the AC unit that didn't turn on and off. For us light sleepers, it's GREAT to have that constant "white noise".
4. Plenty of room.
5. The hotel is in a GREAT location. Very close to freeways, a Wal Mart, lots of restaurants, a mall, etc.

What we didn't like:
1. There isn't a free breakfast, like in a Hampton. There is a restaurant, however.
2. The hotel, in some ways, is a little "tired", and looks like it needs a bit of a face lift. Example, the elevator squeaked, and you wondered.....

All-in-all, I would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recnet stay. Please accept my apolgy for responding back to your comments, I have very recently been appointed as the new GM for the Radisson Cleveland Airport. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and have reviewed your comments with our team. WE value all of our guest and I thank your for taking the time to share your expereince with us. I hope that the next time your travel take you to the Cleveland area you will once again stay with us and I look forard to meeting you when you travel bring back to this area.

NASHVILLE
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I found a great deal close to where I needed to be. However, on the check-in, bathroom was occupied by ants. I was moved to another floor. I had to request a free breakfast (that is not that great). On my second day, ants still present, really toooooo tired to move again. I did tell the desk clerk named Ralph. He was very nice, but did not offer anything more to ease the frustration. He only thanked me numerous times for the notification. The Radisoson is known for nice rooms and great service, not this time. I did join the Club Carlson. I wonder how many points this is really worth??

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
We are extremely unhappy to hear of the challenges that you experienced while visiting our hotel. It is our goal that each guest leaves satisfied with their stay. Please know that your comments have been heard, especially concerning the problem with ants in your rooms and we are working very diligently to ensure that this situation does not happen again. We hope that the next time that time you are in our area, you will return to see that we have been able to make changes to exceed your expectations.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We won a free stay at the Radison CLE Airport in N Olmsted for one evening. The staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was clean and large. We were a little disappointed when we came back for the evening and found the lobby bar closed at 10 on a Saturday night. Our free stay also came with breakfast in the morning. Fortunately it was free, I would have felt ripped off had we paid for the buffet. The selections were limited and the quality was just okay, nothing like crunchy pancakes. I would rate the stay a 4 had the breakfast been a higher quality. If you are looking for a nice room, you could pick worse.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Mentor, OH
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We wanted a night away and a hot tub. Well first they put us in a nice room but it did not have the Sleep Number bed we had booked. We called the front desk and the man working apologized and moved us. We got moved into a Sleep Number room but the room was not as nice (wallpaper should be repaired and holes around the vanity) . Ok, not a huge deal, bed was comfy and it was clean. We then went to look for the Whirlpool they advertise. It has been removed!! So our night away in a hot tub did not happen. We made the best of it and had a good time but will not stay there again. Would have gone in the pool but it is very small and a family of 5 pretty much filled it.
Note to the Radisson...You might want to take the whirlpool out of the listing and pictures for the hotel to avoid more disappointed customers.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I knew that the Radisson was renovating like several other hotels in the areas. When I checked in, the girl at the counter was very excited to tell me that the renovations were complete.

Upon entering my room, I was very disappointed. Nothing was different. The wallpaper was peeling at every seam. There was mold in the bathroom. Furniture looked old and dirty.

I travel a lot in this area for business but I will not stay here again!

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike49389
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
We are sorry to hear of the condition of your room while at our hotel. It is always our goal to have every guest leave satisfied with their experience. Please know that all of our guest comments are taken seriously and we are working to ensure that they do not happen again. Again, please accept my more sincere apologies for the issues that you experienced.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!