“Disappointing Radisson”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel lobby air conditioning was broke for the 3 days we were there. Once inside the room it felt old and outdated. I have stayed at other Radisson properties and this did not meet the Radisson reputation. The area was fine, mall across the street and many restaurants in the area for lots of dining options. We were disappointed because we booked the Radisson to get a first class room and found an old standard style room. The bathroom was clean but like the rest of the room was 10 years out of date.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JZWOL
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went to this hotel because we were in town for a wedding. The room was pretty nice. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well! Check-in was super easy! I was a little confused as to why the hair dryer was hanging in the closet instead of out by the sink like hotels usually have them, but it wasn't a big problem. One issue we did have, which I forgot to mention to the front desk when we checked out, was that someone else was able to use their key to get into our room (even though they ended up being on the wrong floor anyway). Luckily we had the deadbolt/chain thing in use so they couldn't come in! That's kind of scary!!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Radisson popped up and had a 2 day stay at this property as I had two days worth of appts at the clinic, as soon as I was made aware of staying at the hotel I contact Ryan and he took care of it from there. It was nice to be greeted by name and also was awesome to see Pam working night shift, hotel was clean, SMOKE FREE!

Room Tip: If your traveling with a PWC request room #236!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I were traveling to the Cleveland area for a couple of days. There are many hotels we could have chosen, even on the same road, but we chose Radisson because we've always had great experiences with this brand. Unfortunately, the Radisson Cleveland Airport brand failed to meet many expectations.
1) We had to visit the front desk to get key cards reactivated 4 times. I've never had to do that before. It seemed whenever we left our room, the card wouldn't work again on return. On one occasion, the woman at the desk said "we certainly get this a lot!" Well, then fix the issue.
2) I went down for coffee in the morning because I don't like the little room machines. The coffee carafe near the restaurant was empty. There were several people wanting to use it. I went to the front desk to ask for a refill, in which I was told "the breakfast attendant will be with you shortly." I waited another 5 minutes and finally returned to my room. I made coffee with the machine provided, went to pour the little creamer and it came out in a single lump of spoiled substance. Decided to visit a local coffee place, even though the hotel usually provides that.
3) The website advertises a Sleep Number bed, which is always why we like Radissons, but our room did not have a Sleep Number bed.
4) We left our room at 10:30am and returned again to grab something around 6:00pm. It appeared we had no housekeeping service. I can understand if we were in our room for a long time into the afternoon, but it was very disappointing to see no service was performed in 8 hours.
5) The hallways and elevators are not air conditioned. I know this seems like a petty complaint, but it was in the upper 80s this week and the hallways were muggy and smelled gross. The room was nice and cool, but all public spaces should be inviting. It's what one pays for.
6) Very strange layout. Elevators are far from the front desk and behind a corridor. Got turned-around a couple of times.
7) Stains on carpet in lobby/hallways. Really? So much for first impressions.

Room Tip: Call and confirm that you will receive a Sleep Number bed, and housekeeping service, which is promis...
1  Thank beno343
Radisson C, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Ben O.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am very sad to see that these incidents occured during your stay. Please know that this is not something you should ever come to expect from the Radisson Cleveland Airport or any Radisson hotel. I have tried to contact you in regards to your stay through your personal email, unfortunately I have not received a response. I would love the oppurtunity to make this last visit right with you! Please contact me directly at the hotel.

In addition to this we would like to mention that this TripAdvisor review has been shared with our entire staff, and we are working diligently to assure a similar situation does not occur in the near futture.

Again, thank you for your time in writing this review, it will be used to fine tune our operations. I truly hope you return my messages, I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Ryan M. Phelps
Front Office Manager
Radisson Cleveland Airport
440.734.5060

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I have relatives that live five minutes from this area of hotels. We have stayed at three different places on our last three visits, trying to find the best place for our needs. First, the positive: we went to the Radisson because they have sleep number beds. My wife enjoyed the bed. I didn't sleep well. The furnishings in the room were nice. But...the rest was not so positive. When we checked in, we found a condom in a wrapper, and a part of another condom wrapper on the floor. When we left later that day, I told the young man behind the front desk about this and he gave me a free drink voucher. I'm not sure what I expected, but that really didn't seem to suffice. The second day, we had absolutely no maid service, no trash emptied, no coffee pouches replenished, no new soap, no bed made. At one point, as we were leaving to meet with our family, one of the elevators stopped working, and our rooms were on the sixth floor. There was a line at the other elevator, so my wife and I walked down six floors in order to leave. Our nephew also stayed there, and he summed things up for everyone, "Its kind of sketchy."

1  Thank HDS1
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. We have also discussed the level of service from the staff and will be taking steps to ensure our employees are in line with the standards that we at Radisson expect. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Huge bed. Very quiet rooms. Clean, well lit. Nice sized bathroom. Loved that the sink was outside of the bathroom so they could be used separately. We stayed as guests of a wedding and appreciated the shuttle service as well. Totally recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel was ok and since we "Pricelined" the rate we had to take what Chain popped up. The rooms are old and need some updating. There were no "free" breakfast but they had a resturant and bar in the building. Good food places in walking distance. Front desk folks were nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!