“Cheap, cheerful and friendly staff.”
Review of Express Motel

Express Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Northwood
Express Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Northwood
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here one night and was pleasantly surprised: good price for a basic room with decent beds, fridge, TV (cathode) and en suite. Staff were extremely helpful and even offered us some of their freshly-cooked evening meal. Very much appreciated after a long drive from the West. Convenient stop off point for further travel East.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank afi_advisor
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I do not know why reviewer sear7152 left after just 2 hours, but during a recent stay my wife and I found the Express Motel quite adequate and reasonably comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The exterior is quite dated, and the decorative finishes in the room are well past their "sell by date," but our room was immaculately clean and was reasonably comfortable. It included a microwave and refrigerator as well as a large screen (tube) TV. The bed was a double rather than a queen or king - room choices are one or two double beds. My wife and I both slept reasonably well, none-the-less. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet fighter, but that was not really a real inconvenience. We did find that with the afternoon sun beating on the heating/cooling unit, that we had to crank up the heat setting to keep the room warm, but the heater worked very well. For "no thrills" basics, the Express Motel provides an excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DelMarVaJohn
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I read the previous reviews and thought I would give this place a try. Unfortunately my experience was not a good one to say the least. I think my booking another hotel for the rest of my stay in Toledo within 2 hrs. of being in the room really says it all. This place does not give refunds (should have been a red flag), otherwise I would not have stayed here one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank sea7152
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I was expecting the worst when I called this place last-minute and found a room at a bargain-basement rate. But I was also desperate, so I reserved it. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Express Motel was clean, quiet and well-kept. Outstanding value for the price.

It's nothing fancy .... just your basic motel tucked away in a working-class neighborhood a few blocks off I-280. The bathrooms were spotless, and the bed was comfortable. Excellent selection on the TV. Friendly staff. Parking is right at the door, so it's easy access to the room. Plenty of stores and restaurants nearby (including Don's Donuts). You'll find a large, quiet pond directly behind the motel, a nice change of pace for the area.

My only snag was a bit of difficulty finding the motel late at night. It could use some better signage. Overall, though, the Express is a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look out onto the pond and are off the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Timothy B
Reviewed 29 May 2012

great weekly rate also 119 per week i think
courteous super helpful staff
owners pride themselves on super clean rooms

business traveler that has staid in 100s of rooms and this is by far the cleanest nicest "cheap " motel
cleaner than alot of motels for 3 times the rate! new remodeled rooms
scott h

Room Tip: rooms near office super super quiet
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank scott h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwood
Comfort Inn East
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon

Been to Express Motel? Share your experiences!