“Pontiac Nationals 2014”

Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Norwalk
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Despite the rain on Saturday, it was a great weekend at Summit. The track staff is helpful and friendly, the $1 pound of ice cream is fantastic. My only complaint is the lack of regular bathrooms on the Summit side of the track. There are only portable toilets and, while they are clean, permanent facilities would be nice. Seems to me that the park owners need to do an upgrade to their facilities. Other than that, a great place to visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice track and nice people. We had a great experience the entire week-end. The only reason that I didn't rate it excellent is because there are only porta-potties on the Summit (west) sde of the track where we were sitting. There weren't enough and they got pretty disgusting. I definitley would have gotten tickets on the other side of the track if I had known.

Also, the pits and the famous dollar ice cream were the east side. Keep that in mind when purchasing tickets.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved the drag races, the cheap ice cream, but they need to up the quantity of portable toilets and distribute them at more locations around the park.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Easy access. No traffic jams getting into and out of the facility for 3,000+ Power Tour participants. Fabulous track facility.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were here for the NHRA drag racing Nationals, July 5-6, 2014. After reading the reviews about the limited 'flush' bathrooms, lack of shade, cost of water and other such amenities, I was worried. Luckily for us, the weather was atypically cool for July (in the 70-80s) so I didn't melt or fry as long as I kept the sunscreen on. The ladies bathroom lines moved fast, there was always staff in there cleaning the stalls and I was able to fill my water bottle at the sink. NO drinking fountains. The fair food was typical, the ice cream was surprisingly good and cheap ($1 @ 1#), although a pound of ice cream seemed a bit gluttonous, I saw lots of people eating it all up. We had to toss 3/4s of ours because it was just too much to eat. We felt bad about wasting it and should have shared one but couldn't agree on a flavor. The place appeared to be a tightly run ship and well-staffed and the parking situation didn't seem too bad. I'd recommend wearing comfortable shoes and walk the pits because the racers are really accessible and friendly. I hated breathing the burn-outs and nitromethane smoke but I accepted it as a rite of passage. LOTS of people were smoking cigarettes in the grandstands although it was against the rules. At one time we had 7-10 people chain-smoking in front and upwind of us. Several patrons were offended by this discourtesy, as were we, (my boyfriend smokes but would leave the grandstand because he respects his smoking), but there really wasn't anything we could do.