“friendly,great price,clean”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Norwalk
Wakeman, Ohio, United States
“friendly,great price,clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

i would like to say i had the pleasure of staying here in dec 2012,the people were very friendly,clean and very helpful with any thing that i may have needed, in my opinion i would definitly stay there again, norwalk econolodge is a great place to stay, thank you for everything from cleaning to breakfast.

Room Tip: rooms in back are really nice house keepering is great.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sues724
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing EconoLodge for your lodging needs and also for taking time to post the nice comments regarding your stay with us. We are always striving to improve our status and comments such as yours helps us know we are on the right track. We look forward to serving you whenever you return to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

First off the room they gave me had roaches. When I told the font desk they didn't believe me. I had to catch it in a cup and take the live roach to the before they would move me to another room. Then the manager told me that when I ate the free breakfast here I was not aloud to take any of it back to my room. Also that I could not eat so much. I didn't know that a small cup of juice toast and a bowl of cereal was to much. Then when I asked where hey had these rules at because I wanted to read them I was told I had to leave.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank 7184me
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. We have had our property completely checked and I am very happy to say we do not have roaches or any other type of bug. We do supply 2 kinds of cerial, donuts, muffins (blueberry and banna nut) bagels, english muffins, juice, toast and drinks and I am very sorry if the desk did not keep this supplied fully. This has been addressed with all desk personel so this does not happen in the future. With new ownership we are in the process of many new upgrades to make all our guest's stay enjoyable.
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Very friendly, helpful desk staff. This is one of those older motels which has been updated so it does look "iffy" from the outside but the room was modernized and quite clean, AC and TV worked well. Several fast food restaurants nearby. Cheaper rates since it's older and 4 miles off the turnpike, but well worth the easy 4 mile drive for an overnight on a cross-country trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank linanne99999
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us while you were in our area. Also I would like to thank you for writing the nice comments about our staff and your stay with us. We are still in the process of updating our rooms and appreciate the feedback which allows us to know we are on the right track. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Simple, clean, basic needs are met. Safe in the room, refrigerator & microwave are nice extras. We got there late just to sleep after along day at Cedarpoint. Never saw the pool. Not much of a breakfast. Very reasonably priced especially with AAA discount. Will return for a place to sleep cheap. No jumping from the ceiling. One floor.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs while you were in our area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and very happy to say we are always working on improving our property. Our breakfast now consist of 2 kinds of cerial, donuts, muffins, bagels, english muffins, toast, fresh fruit, juice, coffee or tea. I hope when you are back in our area, you will continue to stay with us.
Medina, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Seriously - here's the scoop. Front Desk was friendly but very slow at check in. Too much chit chat. And then they gave us menus for local discounts. None of the pizza places knew what I was talking about. Sooo, no discount. Continental breakfast isn't well maintained. There's just one of everything left - one egg, one apple, one juice cup, no milk, no bowls. Carpets and bedspreads are old and grimey. Pillows are paper thin. Our smoke detector beeped non stop. Housekeeping never resupplied toiletries OR changed our linens. Found an OLD SOCK under our bed AND a tater tot. Dusty. Lots of cobwebs. Parking lot is scary at best and dirty w/ trash. Look at my pool photo. Pool furniture is filthy. Pool water was milky. The only good thing I can say is the rooms have hair dryers and the water pressure is strong. Good luck if you book here.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Metoer1962
Norwalk, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

Mediocre rooms of a shabby quality with deplorable parking. Needed to load to leave and had to put up with being blocked in for an entire night. Manager is excellent at customer service but, while friendly, the rest of the staff is ineffective and amateurish at best. With the Mexican restaurant next door and its music and traffic on one side and the Burger King on the other there is no peace here. During race season this place is drunk city. If you would like a better room at comparable price_run down the street.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank armetisius
Sunny USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

I have never stayed at a Econo Lodge before. However if this ones sets the standards for others I will be back. Found coupon in Travelers Book for great price and did they beat my expecations. spotless Room, New Drapes, New Carpet. The bathroom was small but not nothing I can complain about. The desk staff was the most friendly. They made you feel welcome. The breakfast was nice. and even let me fill my large mug for the road. I truly know that I will be back and will tell everyone I know about the hiden gem south of the turnpike.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Heather2010037
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
BEST WESTERN Norwalk
Comfort Inn Norwalk
Comfort Inn Norwalk
#3 of 3 in Norwalk
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!