“Watch out for old reviews”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Norwalk
Freeport, Illinois
“Watch out for old reviews”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

New owners. The motel is the old motel, park by your door motel. Our room was very clean with fresh paint and carpet. Mattress was firm. A little too firm for my taste but I slept well. Pillow was soft. Towels were not plush but soft and new. Breakfast was continental. You might want to think about going out for breakfast unless cereal or a muffin/donuts is good enough. Our room was nice sized. TIP*** As they are updating rooms they are putting in a fridge and microwave. So if this is important to you, call the motel and ask for one of those rooms. Not all rooms are done. The pool is outside. It is great for the kids to splash around in. Nice deck chairs, privacy fence, nice landscaped. I was very happy with the motel for the price. Sure I hold a Hilton card also and you can't compare but this is a nice motel. My only 2 downfalls is the road noise is a little pronounced and they didn't have the air on when we arrived. It took close to 4 hours for the air to cool the room down. Might want to call ahead and have them turn it on for you. I want to thank the desk clerk. He did a fantastic job.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a fridge and microwave. You need to call the motel and ask for one of the rooms w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kev521

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This motel's outer appearance may look aged, but the rooms are up to date and very clean! The parking lot does need some work, but the rooms are very well kept, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is super friendly and helpful! I stay here quite often when I am in the area, and I have noticed the improvements being made in the rooms. The price is usually cheaper than the surrounding hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike W
norwalkeconolodge1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your stay here with us. As you know, we are in the process of updating our rooms. While we dont have all of them done as of yet, your comments helps us to know we are going in the right direction. We are also working on getting the parking lot re-done. As you know, we do have new ownership and it takes time to get everything done but it is nice to know our customers are noticing the changes. We look forward to continue serving you in the future.
Saint Ignace, Michigan
Reviewed 27 March 2013

i live in michigan and i had went on vacation to ohio to visit with friends and family.. this motel was the best both for location and the price. the people that work here are very nice and made me feel welcomed. very clean rooms and anything i needed they were their to help me. it was a nice place to stay while on vacation absolutely had no problems with anything.. i liked it so much i did not want to leave.. :) this motel i will definately be staying at again when i come back to ohio!! thank u to all the staff for being so helpful and nice while i was their if i could i would rate this place a million stars:) keep up the awesome work :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wakeman, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2012

i would like to say i had the pleasure of staying here in dec 2012,the people were very friendly,clean and very helpful with any thing that i may have needed, in my opinion i would definitly stay there again, norwalk econolodge is a great place to stay, thank you for everything from cleaning to breakfast.

Room Tip: rooms in back are really nice house keepering is great.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sues724
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing EconoLodge for your lodging needs and also for taking time to post the nice comments regarding your stay with us. We are always striving to improve our status and comments such as yours helps us know we are on the right track. We look forward to serving you whenever you return to our area.
Reviewed 27 December 2012

First off the room they gave me had roaches. When I told the font desk they didn't believe me. I had to catch it in a cup and take the live roach to the before they would move me to another room. Then the manager told me that when I ate the free breakfast here I was not aloud to take any of it back to my room. Also that I could not eat so much. I didn't know that a small cup of juice toast and a bowl of cereal was to much. Then when I asked where hey had these rules at because I wanted to read them I was told I had to leave.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank 7184me
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. We have had our property completely checked and I am very happy to say we do not have roaches or any other type of bug. We do supply 2 kinds of cerial, donuts, muffins (blueberry and banna nut) bagels, english muffins, juice, toast and drinks and I am very sorry if the desk did not keep this supplied fully. This has been addressed with all desk personel so this does not happen in the future. With new ownership we are in the process of many new upgrades to make all our guest's stay enjoyable.

Travellers are raving about these Norwalk hotels

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Very friendly, helpful desk staff. This is one of those older motels which has been updated so it does look "iffy" from the outside but the room was modernized and quite clean, AC and TV worked well. Several fast food restaurants nearby. Cheaper rates since it's older and 4 miles off the turnpike, but well worth the easy 4 mile drive for an overnight on a cross-country trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank linanne99999
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us while you were in our area. Also I would like to thank you for writing the nice comments about our staff and your stay with us. We are still in the process of updating our rooms and appreciate the feedback which allows us to know we are on the right track. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Simple, clean, basic needs are met. Safe in the room, refrigerator & microwave are nice extras. We got there late just to sleep after along day at Cedarpoint. Never saw the pool. Not much of a breakfast. Very reasonably priced especially with AAA discount. Will return for a place to sleep cheap. No jumping from the ceiling. One floor.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs while you were in our area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and very happy to say we are always working on improving our property. Our breakfast now consist of 2 kinds of cerial, donuts, muffins, bagels, english muffins, toast, fresh fruit, juice, coffee or tea. I hope when you are back in our area, you will continue to stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Milan
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sandusky South

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!