“Has potential, but disappointing”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakwood Village
Rochester, New York
“Has potential, but disappointing”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights with our kids.

The positives:
Beds were very comfortable
Good location just off the highway
Pool area was nice

Negatives
Breakfast - we specifically choose Holiday Inn Expresses for the cinnamon rolls. They didn't have ANY...for two days!! We have stayed all 15-20 Holiday Inn Expresses all over the country...never ran out of rolls ONCE. Not only that, the pancake machine wasn't working. They ran out of spoons. Really hard to believe.
Phones- the two phones in our room were not operational. Not a huge deal normally. However, on Sat night, there was a ton of noise on the floor...doors slamming, people yelling...fortunately it calmed down by midnight.
I expressed my disappointment to management on three separate occasions. They explained that they have new empoyees who are being trained...which I can appreciate...but no cinnamon rolls for two days...phones not working....I did feel like they wanted to help.
Would we stay here again? This was a point break - 5,000 pts. This hotel does have potential...it is a newer property, the rooms are nice..good location. They just need to resolve these issues.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sandra B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear DadofFour65,

I want to apologize for the issues that you experienced. My name is Sandra Best I am the Assistant General Manager. I was unaware there were no cinnamon rolls or spoons, if so I would of promptly resolved the issue. I have had maintenance look at the phones, I would like for you to call me at the hotel at 440-786-1998, so we can rectify these issues together. Once again I am truly sorry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mississauga, Ontario
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel to have easy access to downtown Cleveland and surrounding areas. The hotel hidden behind an abandoned house, and a secluded McDonald's with nothing nearby to walk to. We booked and prepaid through Hotwire, and then the hotel charged us again and we had to waste time getting it all sorted out. The room was clean enough, breakfast was ok, pool wasn't even tempting to go into. Next time we would stay downtown to have easier access to fantastic Rock n' Roll hall of Fame, and go to another Indians game which was a blast. We then headed to Cedar Point which was also a great time and worth it, but not this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sandra B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear hurrayforvacay,
I am so sorry that you had a billing issue, we have been training some new staff members. I am glad that you did enjoy all of our amenities during the stay. I hope you return to stay in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Oakwood Village hotels

USA
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and neat and the bathroom was very clean. The parking lot was a bit dark, but staff assured me it was ok and it was. Breakfast was ok - didn't have waffles. :( Did have pancakes. Breakfast room was very loud with a TV blaring the day I was there, but I was there on a weekend, so I think it was probably just the time I was there. There was nothing at all about this place that would make me NOT want to come back. It was just off the highway in an upscale area and not far from several attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
I wanted to take the time to thank you for all of your great feed back that you left for our facility. I am so pleased you enjoyed so many things regarding your stay. I hope when you are back in our area, you will stop to visit with us. Have a great day.
Chippewa Lake Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in a room with a king sized bed at this hotel on 06/28/2014. I found the staff to be polite and very accommodating to any of my requests. I saw no sign that would indicate a lack of caring. The bed was a bit stiff for my liking and the outlets were not very tight which made my phone charger fall out on multiple occasions. It was very tricky task to successfully charge my phone using any of the outlets. The bathroom had no functioning vent fan which I found a bit strange and the bath tub had an extremely slow drain. We stayed in a downstairs room and we were able to here everything going on above us. We didn't try the pool but it didn't look as inviting as the website showed. The continental breakfast didn't have a lot of options, but it wasn't any worse than the average CB. I did enjoy the coffee which made me happy when I woke up the next morning. Overall the politeness of the staff helps save this rating, but I find the $103 a night rate plus tax to be a bit excessive for the amenities. I would probably check out other hotels in the area during my next overnight stay in this area before I completely condemn the Holiday Inn Express, but I am highly doubting any return in the near future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandra B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear kenworth78,
I want to thank you your feedback that gave us. I take all feedback as a learning experience for all of us here at the Holiday Inn Express. I appreciate all of your kind words that you expressed about our staff and facility. If you would like to call and address any issues, you are more that welcome to call me at the hotel, at 440-786-1998 and I would be more than glad to speak to you. I do hope you return in the future, and also have a great day.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here in the past and it was a nice hotel. This past trip I was there for two weeks, Tuesday through Friday each week. The rates have gone up but the value you get has gone down. The manager night special they had at first time there was nice, beer, wine and small sandwiches. Now it's beer, wince and potato chips. That is not worth the increase in the price of the rooms. First night all the amenities are in your room. The second night your missing everything. Luckily I hid the shampoo otherwise I would have had none fr the next morning. I started with three towels the day I checked out I had no clean ones. They just were not replaced. The room was clean and the bed was made but I found paper on the floor I must have dropped and it was not even picked up. This was a suite to me it was a standard Holiday Inn Express room I get everywhere as a Platinum member. This place has gone down hill in my opinion. Not worth the money for what you get. Breakfast was also a mess. I went down one morning to find no coffee no eggs. I understand they run out but not to be on top of things. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, to expensive for what you get.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sandra B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear dotman60,
I wanted to take the time to thank you for filling out this review. I take all feedback, negative or positive, very seriously. I have shown the staff your comments and have advised them in ways we can improve our services to valued guest like yourself. I am very sorry you had not enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to call the hotel and speak with Mr. Scales and he will help rectify the inconveniences that you had endured while you stayed with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for about 7 weeks in a row for business when I was working at a client down the street from this hotel. I stayed here from Sept to November of 2011 but didn't know trip advisor was around then. The rooms were clean and quiet. The front desk girl would always give us extra cookies and beer. Yes I said beer. This hotel gives free beer Monday to wednesday. At least they did. The breakfast was nothing special but good. I hated having to come up here for work but this hotel made everything a heck of a lot more manageable. The only attractions are a few miles in Macedonia or Twinsburg but it still isn't a great place for after work activities. If I'm ever in oakwood, which hopefully I'm not, I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sandra B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear tab32,
Thank you for filling out this survey. We appreciate all feedback from our valued guest. We are going to miss you, but we are also glad that you were able to go home as well. I am glad that you enjoyed the managers reception during your stay as well, it is a surprising bonus that our guest don't anticipate having at our facility. When your in the area again, please come visit us. Have a great day.
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We checked in for an overnight stay while traveling, at the end of our first and a long days drive. Previous reviews had indicated problems with location and property condition. However, for the most part this location met our needs as was expected from our familiarity with the brand. For us, the location was what we needed and we sensed no issues with surrounding neighborhood. Check in was fine, reservation in place and we were greeted and welcomed with "we've been waiting for you" (due to traffic our arrival was later than expected). Room was as requested and while showing some wear on furniture edges, all was clean and fully stocked. I will note that on stepping out of the elevator we ran into a loaded housecleaning cart, a bag of room trash and a second cart down the hall. It looked like housekeeping had quickly abandoned their post for some reason as there were also two rooms with doors standing open and lights on. This was all after 10 pm and while an unexpected occurrence, created no issues for our stay. All was cleared by the time we exited the room early the next morning. Breakfast was prepared and ready at the time posted and was like breakfasts at other locations. As one other reviewer noted, the omelets were cut in half, and the ham pieces were cut to match, but I would guess there is a reason for this and it did not prevent me from having all I needed for breakfast. The attendant was prompt and pleasant and kept everything ready. Checkout was fine and while not exceptional, overall we were glad to have located this location when planning our trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sandra B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Mark,
I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey, All feedback helps us strive to improve our customer service skills. I am personally looking into, everything that you mentioned in the review. I hope if you are in the area again, that you will return to our facility. Have a Great Day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakwood Village
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Hampton Inn Cleveland Solon
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland/Twinsburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
SpringHill Suites Cleveland Solon

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!