“A Wonderful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oberlin
The Buckeye and the Frog
Ranked #2 of 3 Oberlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the Buckeye and the Frog from June 28 through July 3. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As other reviewers mentioned, the breakfasts are amazing - especially the baked french toast casserole! The B&B is very conveniently located near Oberlin College, and on a very quite street with easy access to downtown. Dominique and Janet are outstanding hosts, as is Sunny the dog. They were great about accommodating a child and we will definitely be back next year.

1  Thank DoreenB340

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed in this beautiful, historic home while touring Oberlin College (ultra-conveniently located just one block away). We could not have been more pleased with the accommodations (we stayed in the Frog Room with the more French motif) and genuine hospitality we received from both Janet and Dominque - the owners who lovingly converted their landmarked home into a delightfully charming bed and breakfast. Details like the crisp linens, monogrammed bath sheets, embroidered hand towels and handmade placemats (which Janet makes herself) did not go unnoticed or unappreciated. And the breakfast is OUTSTANDING!!! Homemade bread, homemade yogurt and even homemade sausage with organic eggs from their own backyard - you cannot get any better or fresher than that!!! We enjoyed it so much that should my daughter attend Oberlin I plan on making it my home away from home whenever I visit.

1  Thank bk2bklyn
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family stayed here for 4 nights and were so impressed and pleased. They had never been in a Bed and Breakfast before, especially in the US (being from Amsterdam) and couldn't have been happier. My sister-in-law is a gourmet cook, she raved about the breakfasts, the hosts, the room, the location. I am so happy we chose the Buckeye and the Frog and it will be our first choice for any other out of town guests. Thank you for everything.

1  Thank sharonia628
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay. The location was fantastic, adjacent to the college and conservatory. We were able to easily walk to the conservatory for a tour and recitals. The home is beautifully restored and is comfortable. It was very clean. We loved that an extra twin bed was available to be brought into the room. The gardens were in bloom and we enjoyed watching chickens. The neighborhood is lovely, the perfect place for a walk. The owners seem like nice people. I appreciated the delicious breakfasts and their timing to accommodate our schedule. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bennettsfour
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Buckeye and the Frog, is without a doubt my favorite place to stay in Oberlin. It is beautifully restored, with some wonderful family history in the art and furniture. Our room was super comfortable, and a pleasure to be in. Big enough to be in and relax read, write, just great to come back to. Very comfortable bed with beautiful covers. Big windows over looking gardens and other beautiful houses on this very lovely street. The breakfast was superb! In a lovely dinning room with NY Times and an abundance of really great food. I loved the great place settings that changed each morning, a detail that was fun and interesting.
Janet and Dominique are the best hosts. Flexible, relaxed and welcoming. Wished we could have stayed longer, they made it a really wonderful trip. Perfect location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank paintbox471
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The house itself is elegant and understated, comfortable, and - best of all - blissfully un-cluttered with b&b tschotskes in every corner - i.e. there is actually room on counters to put things, and little danger of knocking over trinkets. Nice art and furniture. I was in the Buckeye Room, separated a bit from the house with its own entrance, and this also provided a nice sense of privacy, also appreciated. Janet and Dominique are warm and welcoming, genuinely friendly people but also know how to step back, again a welcome quality. The collie is super friendly, good if you're a dog person (which I am). I also deeply appreciated their flexibility when my travel plans changed abruptly due to weather. I will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AverillEwing
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband, my son, and I stayed in the Buckeye Room for one night while visiting Oberlin, and had a very good experience. The room was snug for three, with an air mattress on the floor, but nothing we couldn't work with or didn't expect. The bathroom was well furnished and seemed quite new; like the rest of the room, it was well maintained and nicely appointed. We had a back entrance to ourselves. On a quiet side street, we were nevertheless a couple of blocks from both the admissions office and the main street and its cluster of restaurants and shops. With a very nice breakfast included--on our visit, french toast, bacon, homemade granola, cereals, and bread for toasting--this was a good value, and the hosts and dog Sunny were very welcoming. We would stay there on future visits.

Room Tip: Owners have very friendly dog.