“Oberlin's finest inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oberlin
The Buckeye and the Frog
Ranked #2 of 3 Oberlin B&B and Inns
Tiburon, California
“Oberlin's finest inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

After almost five years of visits to Oberlin, I finally made my way to the Buckeye and the Frog. The inn and the hosts are absolutely wonderful. I'm only sorry that it took me so long to find my way to them. I look forward to returning often in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Buckeye and the Frog. We will definitely stay here when we next return to Oberlin. The house is conveniently located just off of the college campus, and is a historic home in the town. Janet and Dominique have maintained the charm of the home and decorated it beautifully. Both of them are friendly, and Dominique made us a terrific breakfast.

Brian, NY NY

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This summer I spent three nights at The Buckeye and the Frog. It provided the perfect combination of tranquil privacy and attentive and interesting social interaction. The hosts could not have been more available and accommodating, and the guests I met at breakfast (delicious home made granola, fresh juice and fruit and cooked to order main course) were lovely people from all over the country. The room itself was exquisitely decorated with a mixture of furnishings acquired over several generations by the hosts' families. Finally, it could not have been more convenient for my purpose, as it is a short walk from the Oberlin campus. I recommend it highly and without qualification.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

My daughter and I needed a rest stop on our journey to drop her off at her violin camp. I used Trip Advisor to look for accommodations in the Oberlin area. After reading everyone's comments about The Buckeye and the Frog, I was intrigued and made a reservation. We honestly never stay in B&B's. Perhaps it's because we have teenagers. I pictured B&B's as just romantic destinations rather than a great place for a family. I have been proven wrong. B&B's can be perfect for both type of trips. We only stayed for one night, but we loved it so much I made a second reservation for our return trip. My family is not easy to feed. I have vegetarians, meat eaters, and people with little to no appetite in the morning. Everyone walked away from breakfast happy and well fed. We also tried Common Ground Canopy Tours located nearby. What a fantastic experience. Don't miss that either. We had never been to Oberlin before, but walked away charmed. We LOVED our visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 670pas
Bellevue, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night just before Easter weekend in April. We loved our room (the Frog) and the breakfast was phenomenal. Best of all was meeting Janet and Dominque (they both play acoustic guitars and sing duets, and we shared some musical interests), who are so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My son and I stayed at the Buckeye and the Frog from June 28 through July 3. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. As other reviewers mentioned, the breakfasts are amazing - especially the baked french toast casserole! The B&B is very conveniently located near Oberlin College, and on a very quite street with easy access to downtown. Dominique and Janet are outstanding hosts, as is Sunny the dog. They were great about accommodating a child and we will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DoreenB340
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed in this beautiful, historic home while touring Oberlin College (ultra-conveniently located just one block away). We could not have been more pleased with the accommodations (we stayed in the Frog Room with the more French motif) and genuine hospitality we received from both Janet and Dominque - the owners who lovingly converted their landmarked home into a delightfully charming bed and breakfast. Details like the crisp linens, monogrammed bath sheets, embroidered hand towels and handmade placemats (which Janet makes herself) did not go unnoticed or unappreciated. And the breakfast is OUTSTANDING!!! Homemade bread, homemade yogurt and even homemade sausage with organic eggs from their own backyard - you cannot get any better or fresher than that!!! We enjoyed it so much that should my daughter attend Oberlin I plan on making it my home away from home whenever I visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bk2bklyn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberlin
The Hotel at Oberlin
Days Inn Amherst
#2 of 2 in Amherst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria

Been to The Buckeye and the Frog? Share your experiences!