“Best Stay Ever”

Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I can not tell you enough how great this hotel is. We have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express many times and have always been treated like family. Stacy and David and all the others always go out of there way to make sure that we have everything we need. When we were there last we had our young grandchildren with us , everyone was great and very helpful,even the girl at breakfast, helped us with getting breakfast for them. Our rooms were beautiful and very clean, the lobby was beautiful with alot of room to move around. I have stayed at alot of Holiday Inn Express and this one could give lessons to alot of the others, thats how good everyone is. Thanks Again to Everyone C. Blair

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for the glowing review. We are so glad that you have had so many great experiences at the Holiday Inn Express in Oregon. It is faithful guests like you that make it such a pleasure to work here. Return guests do feel like family to us...you brighten our days! We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed at the HIE Oregon for business this past week.

The hotel is is back off the road traveling in and was a bit hard to locate . I passed it before finally seeing the sign.

The hotel is bordered by a restaurant, a bar , internet gaming place and a liquor store.I was a bit concerned by the surroundings but made my way in .

Number of folks waiting in the lobby. Rooms were not ready even though it was past 3pm. The front staff was polite and handling things well. Housekeeping staff were shorthanded that day and the hotel was booked . My wait was only ten minutes , I received my Priority member benefits and was off to my upgraded room.

My room was clean, cool and comfortable. Throughout the 3 day stay that was consistent and appreciated. Inside the hotel, was always clean and the staff was always polite and helpful.

I had to travel multiple times per day to another location for my business meetings,I could never overcome the surroundings. The trash area for the bar was right beside parking by the hotel and the smell in the summer heat was awful. Evening arrival had some shady characters at the back of the bar....not a very secure feeling for a hotel guest. Customers going to the liquor store and the gaming facility also caused some concern. Parking for the hotel puts you in the same area as those 2 businesses. Again, inside the hotel was fine. If my wife or family had been with me, I would probably have looked for another facility immediately.

I know a business cannot control its neighbors. The hotel staff did their jobs well. For me, that cannot overcome the concerns that the surroundings caused me to have. I would look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you liked our hotel, but saddened by the fact that you didn't like the surroundings. I know that not being familiar with the area, you have no way of knowing that this is a nice, safe, small town. Yeehas bar & grill is actually a very good restaurant. Next time, you may want to try one of their wonderful steaks.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Parking was horrible! The hotel was burning up. The breakfast staff was very nice, but the breakfast was horrible. The pool was very clouded and looked like it needed a treatment. The Jacuzzi was nice but not hot at all. The hotel takes out an extra $100 out of your account for a deposit. I still have not received that money back. I called to ask when I should expect the money back and was told that it would be up to my bank. I said "Oh you are responsible for taking it out, but not putting it back?" The desk clerk said "Yep that's right!" And then I was hung up on...very nice customer service!

• Stayed: July 2012
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

I am truly sorry that you din't enjoy your stay. The pool and jacuzzi are normally very nice. Most guests rave about our breakfast. The hotel didn't charge your credit card for the $100 deposit, we just put a hold on it. We release the hold immediately, but some banks take longer than others to put it back in your account. I am sorry for any confusion. I am sure that your next stay here will be better.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Our family was very pleased with our 3 night stay. Check-in was a breeze and the staff were very friendly. Upon walking to our room, we were quite pleased with how fresh the hallways smelled and everything looked like it was well-maintained. The bedding was fresh and crisp, but the mattress was a little lumpy. As mentioned in previous reviews, the hotel location was unique, but the back faces a business park. With children in tow, we really appreciated having restaurants, grocery stores, drug stores, and a Walmart nearby. Each day, the room was impeccably clean and vacuumed. The breakfast station was clean, easy to navigate, and had a nice selection of items. We will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Florajardin
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Thank you for the terrific review. I will forward your feedback to my staff. I agree also that our location is centrally located in a nice business district with plenty of shopping and wonderful restaurants. I have a hard time choosing between restaurants myself! I will definately keep a better eye on the mattresses. We will be getting some new ones in soon...hopefully prior to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed 3 nights and were very pleased. It was clean and quiet - our two most important requirements in a hotel. One of the managers was very helpful in offering nearby restaurant recommendations - they were excellent. The staff across the board were terrific. We will definitely be staying here again when we visit northwest Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron S
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

All of us at the Holiday Inn Express/Oregon were very pleased to read your glowing review. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back next time you visit NorthWest Ohio.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stay in a LOT of Holiday Inns and this place is well run, clean, and nice rooms (although my bed was just ok). Area is a little dingy, but there is a cool sports bar right next store you can walk through will good food and cold beer. Like most HIE, they skimp on the workout room, but it was ok. Statt was friendly. Would recommend to stay here from a Holiday Inn veteran.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bowden68
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express in Oregon, OH. I noticed that you thought our workout room is "skimpy." We have a large off site fitness center a couple of blocks away. Snap Fitness is open 24 hours a day and the membership is free to our guests. I think you will enjoy it next time you stay. Thank you for your wonderful review. Sincerely,
Stacey

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am in town for work and will be at this hotel for several weeks. I have been here for two weeks already and i have nothing but good things to say about my stay so far. The rooms are neat and clean. The breakfast is great. And most important to me the staff goes out of their way to solve any problems you might have. Special thanks to the general manager Stacey for all you did to help Tony and I. If I ever need to visit Oregon for any reason be it business or pleasure I would be sure to stay at your hotel again!!!! Thanks to all the staff who make your guest feel at home.

Room Tip: Try to get room on third floor, less noise.