“Wedding Weekend”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Parma, Ohio
“Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Holiday Inn Express did a great job with our guests for our son's wedding weekend.
Stacey and her team went above and beyond to accommodate our guests and make them feel very comfortable. They handed out our gift bags to all our guests and they were able to get our guests in their rooms early.
We used their hospitality room for a luncheon and it worked out well.
The hotel is very clean, and they have a nice indoor pool area and work out room too.
Their breakfast was just enough for everyone to have something to eat before heading home.
This hotel is close to the new casino, so if you decide to stay in Toledo, make your selection and come here, you will not be disappointed. Thank you to Stacey and her staff for making our weekend so memorable. We will return to the hotel when we are in Toledo again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for the Stupendous review! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us. It was definitely a pleasure. I have forwarded your comments to the staff. They were very appreciative of such a glowing report. We all look forward to your next visit with us.
We hope to see you soon, Stacey Wiseman,GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and had a very nice stay. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and modern. The bed was even comfortable. They had a very nice continental breakfast. Just a very nice place to stay. I will definitely consider a Holiday Inn Express the next time we travel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the delightful review. I passed it on to the rest of the staff and they were very excited to see such a nice review. We all look forward to your return stay!
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman,GM
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed at the Oregon Holiday Inn two times about one week apart. All staff we encountered was very friendly on both visits. On our first visit they offered water and snacks to each of us because I was a PriorityClub member, which was a nice touch. The hotel looked a little worn on the outside and was in a strange spot behind a stripmall, but plenty of fast food places and other basics nearby, and neighborhood seemed safe. Inside of the hotel looked relatively new. Rooms were large and clean, and we had a microwave and refrigerator for at least one of the stays. The bed was very comfortable. Air conditioning worked well on what were some brutally hot days. The bathroom was large and clean, and had a large shower with a mat to avoid slipping. The hotel was reasonably quiet, even though on one of the nights there was a wedding at the hotel. We didn’t hear any noise from outside the hotel, and nothing from the rooms upstairs or through the walls. The first night we were right next to an exit door so we did hear that slam a few times, but the second stay was on an upper floor where we heard nothing. There is a very small exercise room that was very hot, but it looked like they provided free access to a local gym. Breakfast was pretty typical for Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast area was quite large. Overall I’d recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank usroadman
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you very much for the glowing review. I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I will pass your compliments on to the staff. I hope that you come back and stay with us soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed one night in this conveniently located hotel in Oregon, OH. Close to all shops and services (a liquor store right in front of the hotel) and the city of Toledo a couple of miles away.
A nice welcome at the reception, the room we got was clean as well as the bathroom. The AC system was old, spreading a kinda disagreeable smell in the room.
The breakfast was standard and good as in any other Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Room 301 (way at the end of the corridor, is nice and quiet but make sure the AC system is updated...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. I am glad that you had a nice stay. I will have maintenance address the air conditioner in your room. I am truly sorry about that. I also love how conveniently located we are.
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Toledo and NW Ohio was a former territory that I covered, so I am quite familiar with the area. My stay this time was recreational, and I decided on this location as it was close enough to the Ottawa Wildlife Refuge that I didn't mind the drive, and less expensive than the Port Clinton Location. I sprung for an upgraded room, and got even more than I bargained for. Thank you! Hotel was a little hard to see from Navarre, had to double back, but other than that, once I found it, I loved the convenience to restaurants, grocery stores, etc (and yes, the liquor store is too convenient, LOL!). Two issues. I travel for business a good bit. The internet performance, as noted by other reviewers, was poor. I would say, unacceptable, except I was not working this time. Had I been on a business trip, I would have been at the front desk due to the reliability issues of the internet service. Other issue......sorry, the food. The eggs were awful, the bacon, I swear, two pieces and I had my daily allotment of sodium (I shouldn't be eating it anyway!), and the biscuits, well, you could crush them and use them as saw dust, they were that dry. I stayed two nights, and only ate breakfast once, had to pass the second time around. Will I stay again? You bet. But, come on, do something about your internet service, that is certainly fixable, just spend a little money. I was very pleased with the room, super nice, and spacious!

Room Tip: Use Dustin Road behind the hotel for access. Much easier than Navarre avenue and all the traffic.
Green Features: Excellent! I really appreciate the hotel's efforts to reduce waste and their carbon footprint!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. The internet service was just upgraded, but our internet provider is having some issues this week. They have sent some new parts and I am assured that it has been fixed. I am very sorry for any inconvenience you have endured. As to the breakfast, I will pass your comments on to the Breakfast Hostesses. Thank you, and I look forward to your return trip.
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman, GM
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I wasn't going to leave a review because it wasn't horrible wasn't the best, wasn't bad. I really can not put my finger on it what made me not care for the place.
They are located in the back of a plaza. Behind the strip if stores, next to a bar across from liquor store. Another advisor said it best, once you're inside.
The coffee maker in room is on a very low table (to low) table in room, should be in bathroom or on a higher table in room.
My bed was hard, you could also see the mattress and thin pad through sheet.
Breakfast was standard IHG, Staff was nice enough, they just miss the mark.
Would I stay there again, maybe in a pinch.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry that we weren't a"10" for you. The coffee maker is put on the luggage rack rather than the bathroom for sanitary reasons. We leave it unplugged so that you can place it wherever you like it in the room. I do hope that you try us again. I would like to make your next stay a "10!"
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Once you are inside this hotel you will find it to be a very nice location. The staff and management team are very friendly. The area surrounding the hotel is a little run down and after 10:00pm you will find yourself parking in a parking lot to an neighboring business as there is a Bar called ICONS next door and their patrons utilize the hotel parking lot.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you liked the hotel. The bar that you spoke of, "ICONS" is a newly renovated restaurant/bar with great food. I eat there every week. We have discount coupons at the front desk. There is also "OSAKA" Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi next door. I hope that you try one of these great restaurants next time you stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
#8 of 17 in Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!