“Nice hotel, but.......”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
North Bend, Ohio
“Nice hotel, but.......”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

...do not stay in the non-Jacuzzi King Suite. The Jacuzzi Suites are located on the 2nd Floor (figure that one out), and the King Suites are below. If the Jacuzzi is on, what you hear below is something like a jet taxing. Hope (and pray) that they use it in the daylight hours because you will not get any sleep at night. Fortunately for us, it was just a novelty for them and was never an issue again.

.....hopefully you do not have twenty-somethings next to you during a festival. Even when I warned the Front Desk that they were quite loud Saturday afternoon, we were woke up at 2am when they came back from hitting the bars after the GAF. The Front Desk did nothing about the constant door slamming. Yes, their partying was "softer" compared to Saturday afternoon, but really, we didn't have the TV to drown them out this time. I'm sure they passed out by 4am. Ah, to be young again!

Beautiful, clean place. The breakfast is average compare to the other chains that offer buffet-style. But we do come to sleep, right? I know we do get our sleep back at home the next day, but the apathetic management made it an average to disappointing stay.

I guess I would have preferred the Jacuzzi noise on over drunk idiots, but unfortunately management didn't really care that we had any issues all weekend. Didn't even ask about our stay at checkout. I guess I'm not surprised.

Room Tip: Do not get the King Suites unless you also reserve the 2nd Floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peteranton
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I am also sorry that you felt that I didn't care. I DO Care. That is why we tried to move your room and I gave you IHG Reward Points. I have also discussed with my staff ways to quiet "twenty-somethings."
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman,GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
SoCal
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a week in early July. The room was clean and comfortable. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was great. After checking out, and half way to Toronto, my daughter realized she left her teddy bear on the bed. We called the front desk and she said she would hold on to it until we were back in town a few days later. When we returned, there was the bear, safe and sound, and I think it even got washed. My daughter was ecstatic! I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for the Favorable review. I am so glad that you had such a nice stay. When the teddy bear was found, we could tell that someone would miss it. We took great care and were glad that it found its way home safely. We look forward to your next stay.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nice room. Immaculate !!!! great staff. This is a fun place to stay. nice breakfast. my wife said that she had never been in a bathroom any cleaner. The front desk staff was very helpful. The location is very convenient for travel in all directions.

Room Tip: all rooms are fine
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you very much for the Superior Review! It is great to get back such wonderful feedback. I will pass on all of your terrific comments to the rest of my staff. I agree that we have a great hotel and staff! I look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Would be a five.
This is one of the cleanest and nicest hotels I have stayed at lately. That being said the wireless internet was the worst I have had in my recent travels. I would stay again but only if I had my laptop instead of a tablet that required the wireless connection.

Other than sink in room not draining well the room was extremely nice and clean.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room that was in the middle of the floor. Great because it was far enough away...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I am sorry that you had trouble with the internet. We upgraded it again and are looking for additional ways to increase its speed. It is better now & should become even faster in the future. Because of your comment about the sink not draining properly, the maintenance department checked and fixed EVERY sink in the entire hotel. Thank you for alerting us to that issue. I am confident that your next stay will be even better!
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Holiday Inn Express did a great job with our guests for our son's wedding weekend.
Stacey and her team went above and beyond to accommodate our guests and make them feel very comfortable. They handed out our gift bags to all our guests and they were able to get our guests in their rooms early.
We used their hospitality room for a luncheon and it worked out well.
The hotel is very clean, and they have a nice indoor pool area and work out room too.
Their breakfast was just enough for everyone to have something to eat before heading home.
This hotel is close to the new casino, so if you decide to stay in Toledo, make your selection and come here, you will not be disappointed. Thank you to Stacey and her staff for making our weekend so memorable. We will return to the hotel when we are in Toledo again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the Stupendous review! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us. It was definitely a pleasure. I have forwarded your comments to the staff. They were very appreciative of such a glowing report. We all look forward to your next visit with us.
We hope to see you soon, Stacey Wiseman,GM
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and had a very nice stay. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel was very clean and modern. The bed was even comfortable. They had a very nice continental breakfast. Just a very nice place to stay. I will definitely consider a Holiday Inn Express the next time we travel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the delightful review. I passed it on to the rest of the staff and they were very excited to see such a nice review. We all look forward to your return stay!
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed at the Oregon Holiday Inn two times about one week apart. All staff we encountered was very friendly on both visits. On our first visit they offered water and snacks to each of us because I was a PriorityClub member, which was a nice touch. The hotel looked a little worn on the outside and was in a strange spot behind a stripmall, but plenty of fast food places and other basics nearby, and neighborhood seemed safe. Inside of the hotel looked relatively new. Rooms were large and clean, and we had a microwave and refrigerator for at least one of the stays. The bed was very comfortable. Air conditioning worked well on what were some brutally hot days. The bathroom was large and clean, and had a large shower with a mat to avoid slipping. The hotel was reasonably quiet, even though on one of the nights there was a wedding at the hotel. We didn’t hear any noise from outside the hotel, and nothing from the rooms upstairs or through the walls. The first night we were right next to an exit door so we did hear that slam a few times, but the second stay was on an upper floor where we heard nothing. There is a very small exercise room that was very hot, but it looked like they provided free access to a local gym. Breakfast was pretty typical for Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast area was quite large. Overall I’d recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank usroadman
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you very much for the glowing review. I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable stay. I will pass your compliments on to the staff. I hope that you come back and stay with us soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
Park Inn Toledo
#7 of 17 in Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!