“PLEASANT CLEAN FACILITY”

Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Several female cousins met at this hotel from various cities. We found it to be the perfect location because it was located in a section of the city that had restaurants, drug stores, gas stations, nail shops and much more. It was also very close to the Hollywood Casino.

The rooms were very clean and quite comfortable and spacious. The WI-FI worked perfectly as did all other amenities in the room and hotel. The Staff was accommodating and friendly.
We found the pool area perfect for relaxing on a Saturday afternoon.
Although the fitness room only offers 2 machines, the Hotel does offer free access to a fitness center close by, however, it is inconvenient to have to leave the hotel to go there.
My only suggestion for this hotel is that they should make improvements in their fitness area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for the wonderful 5 Star Review. I am so glad that you and your family had such a great time here. I agree that it is a perfect location because of our close proximity to many restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues. I am taking you up on your suggestion to improve the Fitness area. It will be renovated soon. We are still in the design phase. That is why we offer the FREE membership to SNAP FITNESS to all our guests. I appreciate your terrific review and suggestion and I look forward to your next stay.
Stacey Wiseman, GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nice, clean hotel in a location with not many options. Room was clean, breakfast was good. The work out room needs some more options but they offer free membership to a 24 hour work out facility nearby.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the favorable review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. The Fitness Center will be soon renovated. I look forward to your next stay and am sure that you will love the new fitness center.
Thank you, Stacey Wiseman, GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hot tub in my room was huge, certainly welcome and big enough for two people (I travel alone). The temperature of the hot water was very difficult to control however. It took about fifteen minutes to get it filled and if I didn't constantly monitor it the water would have been too cool. However it was wonderful for my sore back!

I would like to rate this five stars but can't, too many other flaws. The hallways were dirty - they needed vacuuming every day and weren't. The computer in the Business Center must be filled to the brim with viruses and spam, it took me 30 minutes to print out five FedEx shipping labels, something I can do anywhere else in under five minutes. It just hung there, I had to reload pages, etc.

This is a difficult place to locate. The sign is very small and I missed it the first time. It's next to a bar and a liquor store and the parking lot is pretty much unlit. I am prepared for my own safety but I could see where others may feel uneasy here.

The staff is nice but I wasn't acknowledged as a Gold member when I checked in. First time this has happened this year at a Holiday Inn Express.

Overall I would stay here again as it was very convenient to the nearby refinery where I was working.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for this review. I am glad that you enjoyed the Huge Hot Tub. I also think that our Jacuzzi Rooms are terrific. I spoke with Upper Management about the lighting of the parking lot and was informed that they are already working on a nice upgrade to the parking lot lights. I talked with our IT team and have implemented a new procedure to keep the Business Center Computer in fine working order. I am also working with the front desk to make sure that everyone's IHG Status is acknowledged at every check in. I hope that your return trip will bring a 5 Star Review.
Stacey Wiseman,GM

Reviewed 10 September 2013

...do not stay in the non-Jacuzzi King Suite. The Jacuzzi Suites are located on the 2nd Floor (figure that one out), and the King Suites are below. If the Jacuzzi is on, what you hear below is something like a jet taxing. Hope (and pray) that they use it in the daylight hours because you will not get any sleep at night. Fortunately for us, it was just a novelty for them and was never an issue again.

.....hopefully you do not have twenty-somethings next to you during a festival. Even when I warned the Front Desk that they were quite loud Saturday afternoon, we were woke up at 2am when they came back from hitting the bars after the GAF. The Front Desk did nothing about the constant door slamming. Yes, their partying was "softer" compared to Saturday afternoon, but really, we didn't have the TV to drown them out this time. I'm sure they passed out by 4am. Ah, to be young again!

Beautiful, clean place. The breakfast is average compare to the other chains that offer buffet-style. But we do come to sleep, right? I know we do get our sleep back at home the next day, but the apathetic management made it an average to disappointing stay.

I guess I would have preferred the Jacuzzi noise on over drunk idiots, but unfortunately management didn't really care that we had any issues all weekend. Didn't even ask about our stay at checkout. I guess I'm not surprised.

Room Tip: Do not get the King Suites unless you also reserve the 2nd Floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peteranton
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. I am also sorry that you felt that I didn't care. I DO Care. That is why we tried to move your room and I gave you IHG Reward Points. I have also discussed with my staff ways to quiet "twenty-somethings."
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman,GM

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a week in early July. The room was clean and comfortable. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The included breakfast was great. After checking out, and half way to Toronto, my daughter realized she left her teddy bear on the bed. We called the front desk and she said she would hold on to it until we were back in town a few days later. When we returned, there was the bear, safe and sound, and I think it even got washed. My daughter was ecstatic! I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to future stays.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for the Favorable review. I am so glad that you had such a nice stay. When the teddy bear was found, we could tell that someone would miss it. We took great care and were glad that it found its way home safely. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Nice room. Immaculate !!!! great staff. This is a fun place to stay. nice breakfast. my wife said that she had never been in a bathroom any cleaner. The front desk staff was very helpful. The location is very convenient for travel in all directions.

Room Tip: all rooms are fine
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you very much for the Superior Review! It is great to get back such wonderful feedback. I will pass on all of your terrific comments to the rest of my staff. I agree that we have a great hotel and staff! I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Would be a five.
This is one of the cleanest and nicest hotels I have stayed at lately. That being said the wireless internet was the worst I have had in my recent travels. I would stay again but only if I had my laptop instead of a tablet that required the wireless connection.

Other than sink in room not draining well the room was extremely nice and clean.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room that was in the middle of the floor. Great because it was far enough away...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I am sorry that you had trouble with the internet. We upgraded it again and are looking for additional ways to increase its speed. It is better now & should become even faster in the future. Because of your comment about the sink not draining properly, the maintenance department checked and fixed EVERY sink in the entire hotel. Thank you for alerting us to that issue. I am confident that your next stay will be even better!
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman,GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
Park Inn Toledo
#10 of 17 in Toledo
Baymont Inn & Suites Perrysburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!