“Very clean and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Shiloh, Ohio
“Very clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The room was extremely clean. The beds were comfortable. It was very quiet and we slept soundly. Breakfast the next morning was good for the most part. Not as elaborate as other holiday in express hotels but food was good. Dining area a bit small but clean. Staff was really nice and helpful. I would recommend again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Disappointed1974
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you very much for the favorable review. I am glad that you found our hotel very clean and quiet. I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Our breakfast has just been expanded to include many new menu items. I feel very confident that you will Love the new breakfast next time you stay here.
Stacey Wiseman, GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a couple of nights as part of a group. We have stayed there many times before and are always very happy with the cleanliness, friendliness of the staff and the comfortable rooms. This time a large group was staying on the same floor and were quite noisy until the early morning hours.
But the reason I am writing is because I forgot some clothes. I called the hotel and they shipped my clothes to me immediately. Thank you so much! What terrific customer service!! I really appreciate it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for the charming review. It was my pleasure to ship to you the forgotten items. Thank you for staying with us so often. We look forward to your next stay.
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman,GM
oahu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed 5 nights while we were in Toledo for a wedding, and it was a fantastic stay! Rooms were spacious and very clean/updated. The included mini-fridge and microwave were great to have, as we were able to bring in leftovers and reheat them. The bed was very comfortable, with extra pillows too; slept very very good.
The included breakfast was great and included many options. Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, toast, cereal, pancakes, yogurt, granola and more. It was also great having the coffee & tea available 24 hours too.
Complimentary Wi-Fi worked great, and the staff was always helpful and in a great mood.
Within the same parking lot is a pizza place, convenience store, and a good bar/restaurant called Icon's. There are several other places to eat/drink very close by.
Would definitely stay here again if traveling back to Toledo.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room, since others suggested they easily heard noise overhead. Didn't hear...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the 5 Star Review! I am glad that you had a fantastic stay. I agree that we have a great hotel with an even better staff! It is so nice to get back such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you when you return.
Fennville, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Couldn't afford a week in sunny Florida so we settled for a weekend at the Hollywood Casino in Toledo. The Holiday Inn Express was one of the hotels recommended by the casino. We found it to be convenient, clean and friendly. Just 3 miles from the casino. Comfortable rooms, very quiet even though they seemed to be filled with a gymnastic group. Nice pool area. Next time I'll remember to bring my swimsuit. Yes, we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your "Getaway Weekend!" Hopefully you won at the Hollywood Casino. We look forward to your return visit.
Stacey Wiseman, GM
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I had to fly to Ohio last minute for the birth of my grand-daughter and after sleeping the 1st night in the waiting room of the hospital....I was desperate on day 2 for some sleep!! Well the Holiday Inn Express is just a half mile form the hospital. Well because I flew in, I had no transportation. I asked the front desk if they would help me with calling a cab.....the manager--- Michael said; "Hold on....I'll just take you there myself. No need to call a cab." What an AMAZING favor he did for me!! He dropped me off right at the front entrance and said Congratulations and Happy Valentines day!!
I have stayed in many hotels but THIS was over and above what any of the others have ever done!! I will always stay here when I come to town to visit my family!! The room was very clean and the towels were folded like pretty fans. The bed was so comfy and the pillows-- well I wish I had those pillows at home!! Everyone was very polite and friendly too!! Thank you Holiday Inn Express for making my visit so easy and comfortable!!! You rock!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good size and the showers are really nice!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Congratulations on the birth of your grand daughter and thank you for taking the time to write this review. I agree that Michael went above and beyond, that's what we do at the Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon. We look forward to your next stay while you visit your new grand baby, maybe this time you will be able to enjoy some of our beautiful extras. Again, thank you so much for this Great 5 Star Review,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Absolutely love coming here time and time again. The staff is amazing and the rooms are awesome! The pool is great! And the hot breakfast in the morning makes your morning so much better. I will definitely be back soon! :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for the amazing 5 Star review! I am so glad that you feel that the Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon is your "Home Away From Home." That in itself lets me know that we are doing our jobs. We look forward to your speedy return.
Stacey Wiseman,GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon
Wayne, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Last year, I had a less than satisfactory stay at the HI Express Oregon. I spoke with manager Stacy then, and she gave me some Priority Club points and promised me things would be better next time. I took her word and decided to give the place another shot. I'm glad I did. At check-in, I found out as a Gold member, my room was upgraded to a suite. A very nice gesture. When I got to the room on the third floor, I found out it wasn't the typical suite I have stayed in at other properties, but a jacuzzi room! I was so happy I wanted to thank Stacy personally, which I did.

The entire staff was very friendly, always greeting me. Even the housekeeping staff on the first floor was very friendly towards me. Have to say the Friday overnight guy was great in arranging a late checkout for Sunday. Didn't catch his name, but a really great guy to talk to.

The only problem I had didn't affect me personally, but there were people smoking on the first floor between the elevator and breakfast area. I mentioned it to David at the front desk before heading out for the evening, and he took care of it. Certainly not the hotel's fault some people don't bother to follow the rules!

Everything went great, and the next time I plan an overnight stay in the Toledo area, this will be my location. This just proves that giving someone a second chance can really pay off.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the tremendous 5 Star Review. But more importantly, thank you for giving us a second chance. I know how hard it is to step out of your comfort zone and give someone another shot. We are not perfect 100% of the time, even though we try. We switched the internet to fiber optic and it is wonderful. The HD TV's are switching to fiber optic on Monday also. I am glad that you had a nice stay and will be returning.
Stacey Wiseman,GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
#9 of 17 in Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!