“Wonderful choice!”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Akron, Ohio
“Wonderful choice!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed one night - room was clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and breakfast provided a good variety. Would stay here again if in the area. It is behind a little plaza so if I hadn't seen that on another review, may have had a little difficulty finding it but otherwise, it was great! We didn't use the pool or other facilities but they looked clean. There was a nice little bar/lounge next door that was also very nice. Just your typical sports bar but the waitresses were very friendly and nice! Close to 280 and I-75. Would have given it a very good to excellent on cleanliness but hallways and elevator were older and carpets looked a little worn/dirty (at least on the 2nd floor). There was a smoke smell in the back hallway by the stairs (not the hotel's fault - it is a non smoking hotel) and is posted adequately. Lobby and eating areas were very nice!

Room Tip: We were in room 201 - last room on the end by a parking lot so no noise and close to the stairs whic...
Green Features: Had signs to leave if you wanted your linens changed and signs asking you to reuse towels if possible. Very good reminders for those who need them......
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star Review! Your review was very informative and thorough. I am truly pleased that you had a great stay. I also think this is a terrific hotel with a terrific staff! I loved forward to your next stay.
Stacey Wiseman,GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience with the previous holiday inn I stayed in so I decided to book at another one and was extremely satisfied. It's a little bit hard to find the entrance but that was my only complaint. Overall the rooms were extremely clean and well kept. The breakfast had so many choices and was delicious!!! Also was able to get a microwave and mini fridge upon request. Definitely recommend staying here! Great place for a great price!!!

Stayed July 2014
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star Review. I am very pleased that you had a great experience. I also wish that we had a larger sign, but our city has code limits. Thank you for giving a terrific recommendation to others. I will share your compliments with the entire team. We look forward to your next stay.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Hard to find, tucked behind a liquor store off main road. Clean and fairly comfortable roo, but it had a foul, stale odor and AC didn't work consistently. Relatively quiet rooms and friendly staff who put out a good breakfast early. I would probably stay here again if in the area but wouldn't rush to go back. About what I expected, nothing more.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to tell you that we will be starting a complete renovation this winter. I am confident that you will have a 5 Star stay when you return.
Seville, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been coming to this area for years and this by far is the best Hotel in the area for the money! The rooms are very clean, the hotel is very quiet, and the dining area although kind of small is great and well stocked. The hotel is easily accessible from I-75 as well as I-280, and you can get to I-475 quickly so you can access points West. The original Tony Packo's is only a couple of exits away, and there is plenty of good dining close by. I would not hesitate to stay here again and again. DO NOT PASS THIS UP!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob B
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for the excellent 5 Star Review. I am thrilled that you consistantly have a terrific stay here at the Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon. I agree that it is a great hotel with a great staff. I will pass your compliments on to the team. I look forward to your next stay.
Stacey Wiseman, GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friends and I spent ten days here while attending the nearby Birding Festival. We loved it. The staff was caring, friendly and very helpful. The rooms clean and very quiet. Many restaurants nearby and nice shopping, too. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: I don't think there ware any bad rooms. Hotel is situated far back from roadway.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OwenComora
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for the Wonderful 5 Star Review. I agree the we have a great hotel with a great staff. I also look forward to your return trip next year!
Shiloh, Ohio
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The room was extremely clean. The beds were comfortable. It was very quiet and we slept soundly. Breakfast the next morning was good for the most part. Not as elaborate as other holiday in express hotels but food was good. Dining area a bit small but clean. Staff was really nice and helpful. I would recommend again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Disappointed1974
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you very much for the favorable review. I am glad that you found our hotel very clean and quiet. I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Our breakfast has just been expanded to include many new menu items. I feel very confident that you will Love the new breakfast next time you stay here.
Stacey Wiseman, GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a couple of nights as part of a group. We have stayed there many times before and are always very happy with the cleanliness, friendliness of the staff and the comfortable rooms. This time a large group was staying on the same floor and were quite noisy until the early morning hours.
But the reason I am writing is because I forgot some clothes. I called the hotel and they shipped my clothes to me immediately. Thank you so much! What terrific customer service!! I really appreciate it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for the charming review. It was my pleasure to ship to you the forgotten items. Thank you for staying with us so often. We look forward to your next stay.
Sincerely, Stacey Wiseman,GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
#8 of 17 in Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!