“I'd stay there again”

Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Great reception. Location was key with a fun clean night time bar, great Sushi/hibachi restaurant and a variety of other amenities within walking distance. Easy access from the interstate.
Room was large clean and upgrade with a Jacuzzi tub that could only be used as a tub but still very cool for a romantic moment.

• Stayed: August 2014
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for the great 5 Star Review! I am very pleased that you have a wonderful stay. I will pass your compliments on to the rest of the team. They love hearing such positive reviews. We look forward to your next 5 Star Stay!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stay at quite a few hotels throughout the year, mostly Hampton Inns, and this Holiday Inn was really lacking in both overall cleanliness, but mostly in front desk customer service, and general maintenance. In general the lobby areas and hallways are pretty dirty and look like they could use a good vacuuming and/or scrubbing. My room was better, but the refrigerator (necessity for a multinight stay) didn't work. The hotel folks did replace it promptly, so I will give them that. Also, if staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the location of the elevator is all the way to one end of the building. My room was on the OTHER end. Kind of a pain. Also, when checking out I requested a correction on my bill. The woman at the front desk (I called down) was extremely rude, and repeated 3x that she was scheduled to leave in only an hour and that I should wait to get my bill revised until the morning staff arrived at 9 am. I thought that was very unprofessional, and obviously not helpful at all. Then, she even told me the error was my fault and later said she just didn't know how to fix it, and that I just needed to wait even though she knew I was traveling for work and had to get going. In comparison to the general service I receive at other hotels of this same price point, I was not impressed at all. This place was more on par with a Motel 6 overall.

Room Tip: For upper floors, make sure to get a room closer to the elevator, which is located on one side of th...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm sorry that you didn't have a perfect stay. Please call me at the hotel. I would love to hear more details about what happened. It sounds like I may need to spend some time on training. Please accept my apologies. I can assure you, this will not happen again.
Stacey Wiseman,GM

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hotel personnel from check inn desk was friendly and courteous our room was clean however I do have a few complaints. First the carpets in the hallway really needed a cleaning look dirty and worn. Second the beds are definitely not the most comfortable. Third shower did not drain right.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for the nice review. I'm sorry that we weren't perfect for you. We are cleaning the carpets again this weekend. I am also excited to tell you that we will be getting new carpets, beds etc in our huge renovation this winter.We will look like a new hotel. I'm sure that your next stay will be a 5 Star stay!
Stacey Wiseman,GM

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed one night - room was clean and comfortable. Staff was pleasant and breakfast provided a good variety. Would stay here again if in the area. It is behind a little plaza so if I hadn't seen that on another review, may have had a little difficulty finding it but otherwise, it was great! We didn't use the pool or other facilities but they looked clean. There was a nice little bar/lounge next door that was also very nice. Just your typical sports bar but the waitresses were very friendly and nice! Close to 280 and I-75. Would have given it a very good to excellent on cleanliness but hallways and elevator were older and carpets looked a little worn/dirty (at least on the 2nd floor). There was a smoke smell in the back hallway by the stairs (not the hotel's fault - it is a non smoking hotel) and is posted adequately. Lobby and eating areas were very nice!

Room Tip: We were in room 201 - last room on the end by a parking lot so no noise and close to the stairs whic...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for the 5 Star Review! Your review was very informative and thorough. I am truly pleased that you had a great stay. I also think this is a terrific hotel with a terrific staff! I loved forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience with the previous holiday inn I stayed in so I decided to book at another one and was extremely satisfied. It's a little bit hard to find the entrance but that was my only complaint. Overall the rooms were extremely clean and well kept. The breakfast had so many choices and was delicious!!! Also was able to get a microwave and mini fridge upon request. Definitely recommend staying here! Great place for a great price!!!

Stayed: July 2014
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for the 5 Star Review. I am very pleased that you had a great experience. I also wish that we had a larger sign, but our city has code limits. Thank you for giving a terrific recommendation to others. I will share your compliments with the entire team. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Hard to find, tucked behind a liquor store off main road. Clean and fairly comfortable roo, but it had a foul, stale odor and AC didn't work consistently. Relatively quiet rooms and friendly staff who put out a good breakfast early. I would probably stay here again if in the area but wouldn't rush to go back. About what I expected, nothing more.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to tell you that we will be starting a complete renovation this winter. I am confident that you will have a 5 Star stay when you return.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been coming to this area for years and this by far is the best Hotel in the area for the money! The rooms are very clean, the hotel is very quiet, and the dining area although kind of small is great and well stocked. The hotel is easily accessible from I-75 as well as I-280, and you can get to I-475 quickly so you can access points West. The original Tony Packo's is only a couple of exits away, and there is plenty of good dining close by. I would not hesitate to stay here again and again. DO NOT PASS THIS UP!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob B
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for the excellent 5 Star Review. I am thrilled that you consistantly have a terrific stay here at the Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon. I agree that it is a great hotel with a great staff. I will pass your compliments on to the team. I look forward to your next stay.
Stacey Wiseman, GM, Holiday Inn Express/Toledo-Oregon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel
Park Inn Toledo
Park Inn Toledo
#9 of 17 in Toledo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!