“Hidden pleasure”
Review of Bay Shore Supper Club - CLOSED

Bay Shore Supper Club
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Tucked away on the banks of the Great Lake Erie, the Bay shore Supper club is a great place for anytime of day food. Family friendly, great and personable service with a view to boot off the back dinning deck. Awesome, just awesome. The food was excellent with healthy portions enough to fill you. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

What a pleasant experience! We went for dinner on a Saturday night while visiting a nearby State Park. I called ahead that same afternoon and asked if we needed reservations, which they encouraged. I had been there for lunch before and asked for an outside table on the deck. Upon our arrival at 6:30 PM we were seated immediately. Our waitress thankfully informed us we would have to order soon, as they had two very large groups just arriving and we needed to get in ahead of them. This said, please understand that we were NOT rushed at any time – this was just some much appreciated advice.

We both ordered the Perch Dinner, complete with their delicious signature Cole Slaw and homemade tartar sauce. Entrees include a very nice veggie tray, nothing overly fancy, but nice munchies while enjoying cocktails. I am a fried fish lover and these guys have it down to perfection. The deep fried perch had a very nice crispy breading and the flesh was firm and flaky – just right! I’ve heard all of their food is very good, but truly good fried fish is not always easy to find, so I doubt if I’ll ever know.

I ordered regular fries and my wife ordered the sweet potato fries that are served with an over the top honey cinnamon dipping sauce. She was kind enough to share one – WOW.

The clientele was 90% or more local and we were very impressed that several of our fellow diners came over to our table and just struck up a conversation – how refreshing. This warrants a definite return visit. I would highly recommend dinner reservations. Weather permitting, the outside deck gives a nice view of Maumee Bay. And on your way out, be sure to say Hey to owner Sonny Berry – you can’t miss him!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We both had the Yellow Perch dinner and it was great. My GF has never liked tartar sauce but she enjoyed theirs; the restaurants homemade sauce has a nice sweetness to it. Salad was fresh and included hot rolls and a plate of fresh veggies to munch on. The baked potatoes are large, hot and very well cooked (not in a microwave). We had a bottle of chardonnay which at $24 was the most expensive wine on the menu.
The staff was friendly and the service was very good. Total tab was only about $60 making this night out a great value. Not at all fancy so come as you are and enjoy.

1  Thank bluewater1357
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Located some distance from downtown Oregon, Bay Shore is worth the drive if you want a good fish dinner. The fish portions are ample, and well prepared. We found the wait staff friendly and attentive. The building is a little dated, but the location allows a lake view, at least from some of the tables. We would visit again if we returned to Oregon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had perch and coconut shrimp. The food tasted good and the portions were just about right. They were very busy the night we went and we didn't have reservations but they got us right in. The service was excellent. Highly recommend to others.