“Extremely well maintained with terrific staff”
Review of Comfort Inn East

Comfort Inn East
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Located across the river and just a few minutes from downtown Toledo, this property was perfect for our needs. Easy access in & out, minimal traffic in the area, plenty of restaurants nearby, and rates lower than what you would pay in the “city.” We stayed here to attend one of the Toledo Mud Hens minor league baseball games and it was easy as can be to get to Fifth Third Field. All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful answering questions. The room looked like it had just been totally remodeled and when I inquired as to how long ago, they told me “about two years ago.” The carpet in our room looked like it was brand new. The king size bed was super comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows. Everything was spotless. This is not a huge Comfort Inn so the breakfast area was smaller than some other facilities but it was more than adequate to handle the breakfast needs while we were there. The attendant was always doing something to re-stock the food or to keep the area clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Price fair, breakfast good, everything clean and worked, mattresses and sheets deluxe. The staff seemed pleasant. The only problem: exit on west side of motel is about 11 inches above the sidewalk, no warning, steel door, so my wife exited and fell--could have broken her leg. Should be a ramp at this door in my opinion. My wife and I have never seen a steel exit door with that sort of sudden drop off in a commercial building.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel963
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I called Jan 5th. for the 19th ( talked to Tonya) and asked for a handicapped smoking room, was told the handicapped rooms were non smoking, I explained that I was handicapped and my husband just had hip replacement, there was no elevator, just stairs, So they put me in room 138 with a confirmation number, I asked her if that was close to a door due to our handicapped, she said yes right by a security door that we can use our room card to open. (We had a very important party to go to, so would be in late). We got there and they argued with us about the room and number. Told us all smoking rooms were upstairs, *no elevator* so due to her giving us 138, Never told me it was non smoking, which they changed when we got there, she said it was farther from the door, and non smoking, If I would of known this I would of made plans for another motel, or would of made other plans, to have a ride back home, they made a very special occasion a night mare. Plus if I was going to go non smoking I would of took the handicapped room!!!! The rooms are very small, not much room to get a walker though, could not take a shower, Very bad experience due to incompetent workers. Plus they never told us that we would be charged 50.00 for smoking in room.

Room Tip: I thought I made the plans for a good room and it turned into a disaster, evendently booking in adva...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherry M
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed there while visiting Hollywood Casino. Rm. was very clean and large the bath was clean with plenty of towels,carpet looked new. Check in person wa friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was the usual for motel, but area was neat and clean. Overall apprance of the motel was good. If we are in the area again we will definetly stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Comfort Inn East - Oregon, OH

Convenient location. Room 237 had two double beds, a small microwave and fridge, table with 2 chairs and a sitting chair. TV not a flat screen. Room was clean with large lighted closet and nice bathroom. Beds and pillows were clean, fresh and comfortable. No elevator, which was not an issue for us, but the carpet in stairwell is very dirty and worn. Assume 2nd floor is all smoking rooms, as hallway smells heavily of smoke. But, once in our room, it smelled very fresh, despite being a smoking room. We passed on breakfast and walked to McDonalds. Bob's Big Boy is also next door. What they had at hotel looked pretty bad and the coffee tasted like hot, colored water. I might stay again, but may also try another hotel chain closer to U of T.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Retiredin2010
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel is old and in need of upgrades. The breakfast was the highlight because it offered hot and cold items, a decent variety. The staff was pleasant and the beds were o.k., and it did have a mini refrigerator and a microwave but the bathroom smelled musty and the wallpaper had stains on it. The closet door was broken and didn't slide. The breakfast area is extremely small so you are literally crammed in, no matter how early we went. The pool needed some cleaning. The ac unit is supposed to be controlled individually but we found that the hotel turned the AC off at night. It was 90+ degrees when we stayed so it was uncomfortably hot in our room from 5:00 a.m. till about 9:00 a.m. Over all, I would not recommend this hotel until some much needed upgrades are done.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Exterior surroundings were relatively clean. Hotels is located far away from the main street. At entrance the lobby was very pleasant looking. Our room was clean and the overall appearance was very cheerful. The bathroom was clean and nicely furnished. The breakfast had my favorite waffles and yogurt. There were couple of hot items plus other regular items. View of the pool area from the breakfast room was very pleasant. Room price very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#13 of 17 in Toledo

Been to Comfort Inn East? Share your experiences!