“Declined a lot.”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
United States
“Declined a lot.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stated here based on previous experience at this property. Something(s) are wrong here, from talking with a couple of staff members "the home office" had a troubleshooter out here and recently got a new GM. He has some work ahead if him. Hot water takes forever to get to my second floor room. I suspect there is some issue with the circulator pump. Some other guests complained water was coming out of their ceiling during a rainstorm. Big pit of lint close to the front door where the driers exhaust. Morning guy on my first morning attired in a pulled out tee shirt and unbrushed hair had me concerned a street person was messing with stuff. A delivery of food came in while I was having breakfast, I never saw any if it being stored, just left in a stack. Other guests remarked about the orange and apple juice tasting funky and trashed theirs. Coffee station was out of sugar. No biscuits and gravy on the bar, just waffles. No microwave in room and only 700w in the breakfast area. Trees/bushes have a lot of dead wood in them, overhang the sidewalk and crowd you. One tree dropped plums on the sidewalk where they have remained for 3 days now. Bathroom has funky soap buildup. A/c and fridge work good. Wifi pretty solid. Limited tv channels. $90 is too much for this. I understand they also gouge like double for some "special events".

• Stayed July 2014
Mariana B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Oxford, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Darien, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was leery of booking here based on some of the older reviews, but I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! The room was standard size, but the king size bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in, in a while. I stayed there with my daughter for her college orientation weekend and the bathroom had enough shelf space that we didn't have to clutter up the sink with all of our toiletries and hair products.

The refridgerator in the room kept beverages super cold, which is rare in my experience. While I chose the Comfort Inn mostly because I was looking for a hotel closest to the Miami University, I was surprised to see that it had both an exercise room and an indoor pool. I didn't use either because I didn't bring workout clothes or a swim suit, I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I stay there, which will be move in day in August.....I've already booked a room!

Some nice touches: light on the hair dryer in the bathroom served as a nice 'night light'; makeup remover; two full length mirrors; and plenty of outlets for chargers, laptops, and other electronics. The only thing that could've have been better was the water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stay at this Hotel quite often while in Oxford, Ohio.Lately, the general condition of the hotel, as far as cleanliness has slipped in a downward trend. The interior stairwells were dirty, with mud, empty water bottles on the steps and dust. The hall carpets had leaves and dirt on them all three days of my most recent stay(4/25-4-27). I requested vacum service for my room,#204, and it never happened, although I was told it was a part of the regular housekeeping duties.It is a decent hotel, so hopefully this won't fall on deaf ears. Thank You, Stephen Johnson

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 December 2013

So i got on trip advisor to see reviews for the hotel and to be honest i wasn't too excited to book there, but i had to for a business meeting at Miami U. After everything i've read on here, i didn't know what to expect but i was really happy with my stay! The staff were very friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Breakfast selection wasn't that big but it was still good. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Clean rooms and helpful staff
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MatthewStacey
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were there over the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Front Desk was very friendly when we arrived, they were helpful on places to get dinner that everning. The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast.. Thanks again we will return for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The hotel was clean and up to date on their technology.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful when I needed some information about the area or just information in general.
The room was clean, and there were two different kinds of pillows for me to choose from when I went to sleep which was a nice addition.
The breakfast person was nice,and the breakfast had a lot of options to choose from which I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I got stuck in town due to the weather coming last night and I got lucky and found a room at this property. When I came in to check in everyone was very nice and helpful. The room was immaculate and clean. I was so exhausted and it was a nice relief to just be able to relax. I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family that come to town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton
The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University

Been to Comfort Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!