“Above Expectations!”
Review of Comfort Inn Oxford

Comfort Inn Oxford
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked this hotel on Hotwire at the last minute, and it was very cheap so my family was very scared. It turned out to be a wonderful experience! We paid 1/4 of the regular price for this hotel, and it was just as nice as other hotels in the area. The manager is very generous and easy to work with. He only was there for a week but is really trying to restore the hotel. The room was clean and large enough to be comfortable. The full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door is a nice extra so that more than one person can get ready. The breakfast was a nice selection for the price. My room did not have a refrigerator or microwave as was described, so maybe this can be added in the future. Also, the outside door had a sign that said it was locked and could only be opened with a room key, but it opened to anyone. Maybe that can be fixed soon, too, so people feel safe. All in all, it was an excellent stay. Before you complain, talk to the manager. He will bend over backwards to make things right with you.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator and/ or microwave, please ask when you check in to make sure room has the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trisha M
Mariana B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel! We greatly appreciate your feedback! We are so very pleased that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and the kinds words you had to say. We do plan to add microwaves and refrigerators to all the rooms and will have the back lock fixed before the days' end. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope to see you in the future for an even better stay!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Oxford

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Was expecting just a regular Comfort Inn experience, but got something a lot better. Staff was awesome, willing to help out with anything and all members were extremely welcoming. Room was outstanding, very clean. I give it an A+ and definitely will be staying there on my next visit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We couldn't be happier that you had such a great stay! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stated here based on previous experience at this property. Something(s) are wrong here, from talking with a couple of staff members "the home office" had a troubleshooter out here and recently got a new GM. He has some work ahead if him. Hot water takes forever to get to my second floor room. I suspect there is some issue with the circulator pump. Some other guests complained water was coming out of their ceiling during a rainstorm. Big pit of lint close to the front door where the driers exhaust. Morning guy on my first morning attired in a pulled out tee shirt and unbrushed hair had me concerned a street person was messing with stuff. A delivery of food came in while I was having breakfast, I never saw any if it being stored, just left in a stack. Other guests remarked about the orange and apple juice tasting funky and trashed theirs. Coffee station was out of sugar. No biscuits and gravy on the bar, just waffles. No microwave in room and only 700w in the breakfast area. Trees/bushes have a lot of dead wood in them, overhang the sidewalk and crowd you. One tree dropped plums on the sidewalk where they have remained for 3 days now. Bathroom has funky soap buildup. A/c and fridge work good. Wifi pretty solid. Limited tv channels. $90 is too much for this. I understand they also gouge like double for some "special events".

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was leery of booking here based on some of the older reviews, but I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! The room was standard size, but the king size bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in, in a while. I stayed there with my daughter for her college orientation weekend and the bathroom had enough shelf space that we didn't have to clutter up the sink with all of our toiletries and hair products.

The refridgerator in the room kept beverages super cold, which is rare in my experience. While I chose the Comfort Inn mostly because I was looking for a hotel closest to the Miami University, I was surprised to see that it had both an exercise room and an indoor pool. I didn't use either because I didn't bring workout clothes or a swim suit, I will definitely keep that in mind the next time I stay there, which will be move in day in August.....I've already booked a room!

Some nice touches: light on the hair dryer in the bathroom served as a nice 'night light'; makeup remover; two full length mirrors; and plenty of outlets for chargers, laptops, and other electronics. The only thing that could've have been better was the water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stay at this Hotel quite often while in Oxford, Ohio.Lately, the general condition of the hotel, as far as cleanliness has slipped in a downward trend. The interior stairwells were dirty, with mud, empty water bottles on the steps and dust. The hall carpets had leaves and dirt on them all three days of my most recent stay(4/25-4-27). I requested vacum service for my room,#204, and it never happened, although I was told it was a part of the regular housekeeping duties.It is a decent hotel, so hopefully this won't fall on deaf ears. Thank You, Stephen Johnson

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2013

So i got on trip advisor to see reviews for the hotel and to be honest i wasn't too excited to book there, but i had to for a business meeting at Miami U. After everything i've read on here, i didn't know what to expect but i was really happy with my stay! The staff were very friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Breakfast selection wasn't that big but it was still good. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Clean rooms and helpful staff
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MatthewStacey
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were there over the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Front Desk was very friendly when we arrived, they were helpful on places to get dinner that everning. The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast.. Thanks again we will return for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton
The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University

Been to Comfort Inn Oxford? Share your experiences!