“Great hosts and good food in historic home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
Maplevale Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Oxford B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hosts and good food in historic home”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hosts at Maplevale, John and Malinda, could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. They are extremely knowledgeable of Miami U and the town of Oxford. The house is about 150 years old with a shaker decor with lovely antiques. The food was good and homemade. The B&Bs in Oxford are pricier than the hotel/motels, yet in my opinion they are not on a level of luxury to warrant this much of a premium.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fremont, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Fortunate for us that the local hotels were booked and we had the oportunity to stay at Maplevale. John and Malinda were very hospitable and a pleasure to visit with. Maplevale is a beautifull clean and comforable old home. Our room had a large private modern bathroom with a jacuzzi, comfortable love seat and bed. We enjoyed the home cooked breakfast prepared daily by Malinda while John kept our cups full of fresh brewed coffee.

Doug B.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Douglas B
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 15 December 2012

An early Christmas gift from my husband was a surprise trip to MU, my having not visited since graduation nearly 44 years ago. Maplevale was the perfect B&B with gracious innkeepers who know and appreciate the campus and community. Accommodations were beautiful and impeccable, and the breakfast menus should be published. Innkeepers John and Malinda (and Duke) are best of class.

Room Tip: The innkeepers will match you to the best room. They are professionals.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank P T
Michigan
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This was our second stay at Maplevale. I am a Miami alumnus and love to visit during hockey season. The first time we stayed here I wasn't sure I would like it, as I usually stay on campus (and this was my first stay at a B&B). Well, John and Melinda made me and my partner feel so welcome. Their house was beautifully restored, the rooms very clean, and the beds comfortable. Our recent visit this past weekend was no change. Both times we stayed two nights, and every breakfast was just wonderful. John and Melinda continued to be very gracious hosts during our second stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again. We look forward to our next visit!

PS. Not only is Maplevale convenient for Miami visits, it is also an easy drive to Cincy and other nearby towns.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jshayden
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My daughter arranged my stay at Maplevale Farm B&B. I normally stay in hotels. It was great!The home is located close to the university and was very clean, warm and enjoyable. John, Malinda and Duke could not have been more accommodating. Most comfortable bed I have slept in 20 years. The breakfasts were excellent. If available, I will stay there every time i visit Oxford. Thanks John and Malinda. I look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Larry

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Larry W
Minnetonka
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We have stayed at Maplevale Farms two times and had very enjoyable experiences on both occasions. Malinda and John could not be more welcoming or accommodating and were extremely helpful in directing us to what we needed in Oxford. On both visits we stayed in the same room and it was perfectly cleaned, cozy and inviting. Plus, what a treat to sit down at a beautifully set breakfast table and be served a plate of delicious homemade food each morning. Since we come to Oxford to visit our son at Miami and we tend to keep very busy, we unfortunately have not had the opportunity to enjoy the living room or screened porch, but we truly hope to on one of our future visits!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We loved our stay at Maplevale. The owners were fabulous hosts and we loved Duke too. The breakfasts were delicious and a great way to start the day. Our room was very clean and cheerful. It is located a stone's throw from Miami and was very convenient to everything. We enjoyed stories from John and Malinda and the homemade fudge was spectacular! Will definitely stay here again when visiting my son at school.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple