“Relaxing place for everyone!”

Quarter Barrel Brewery & Pub
Ranked #14 of 77 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
“Relaxing place for everyone!”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The food was fantastic. I took my mother, grandmother, and aunt here for dinner while on a vacation at Hueston Woods State Park. The burger that I had was amazing. My aunt's salmon was cooked perfectly. The only criticism of the food that I had was that my mom's marlin was a tad over cooked...but the favors were on point. Our server was very friendly. However, she seemed to lack a little enthusiasm. As a chef, I am usually overly critical of service because I want a restaurant's servers to sell their business the same way I would want mine to be sold. No drink recommmendations were made, no explanation of the unique space, nothing extraordinary about the service at all. Prices were reasonable. The 4 of us had entrees an app to share and a dessert to share for under $50. If I am ever back in Oxford, I will definitely be back!

Ohio
“Very good restaurant (just not great for kids)”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is a very good restaurant. Their selection of wine/beer is outstanding. Service is solid. The food is well prepared. Food prices are a little steep, but they are not outrageous.

This may not be the best choice for families. Unless they have added one recently, they do not have a children's menu, per se. They are willing to go off the regular menu and ask the chef to whip up something a kid might like (e.g., grilled cheese), but the pricing seems a bit high compared to more family-oriented places.

It's a fantastic place for singles or couples - but it isn't a great match for families with kids.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank jeffsm5111
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice bar”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The atmosphere were nice. They had a nice selection of craft brews. I described to the waitress the type of beer I like and she brought me something that was very good and close to what I normally drink. I was there for lunch and although it is not a small space and it wasn't very crowded, it seemed very loud in there. I ordered the BLT which was good, but nothing fantastic. Our table ordered the flat bread pizza seletions. All three were huge and deliciouis. Definitely a good value for the money. The service was exceptional and friendly. I would definitely reccommend.

cincinnati
“Classy college town pub”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

In a very nice college town filled with mediocre bars and just a few decent restaurants the Quarter Barrel stands out. Excellent food, great beers - including their own home-brews - , and great staff. My favorite place for food/drink in Oxford

Visited January 2012
Oxford, Ohio
“This is one of the nicest places for outdoor dining in Oxford.”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Having eaten there several times as a couple and with friends, my comments summarize all the experiences at the Quarter Barrel. The food is occasionally quirky, and usually quite delicious. Many of the selections have been paired with recommendations from the bar, including both in-house brews and others from around the country that you won't find in most places. The servers have been routinely far above average for what you expect in a college town: knowledgeable, pleasantly mannered but not obsequious, and efficient, without hovering. The atmosphere, especially outside on the terrace (on a quiet side street across from a church), is quite acceptable spring to fall. On the north side of the building, it is shaded from the sun except in the summer, and even then, umbrellas do the job on all but the hottest days. Indoors it's fine, too, but we find it noisier than we like when there is a crowd. We don't recall hearing about a delivery option there, but it's nothing we'd take advantage of if it did exist. I can't say whether they take individual table reservations, either--we've never needed one--, though I have known them to reserve the whole place for a large party. Along with Kona, this place remains on our sure bet list for places to eat (or just grab a drink) in Oxford.

• Visited September 2011