“I can only comment on the beer, but....”

Quarter Barrel Brewery & Pub
Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
York Harbor, Maine
“I can only comment on the beer, but....”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A nice place. Was there recently while dropping off my daughter at Miami. While she was off getting reacquainted with friends and whatever, I strolled over for a pint or two. The food did look good, though, and the outdoor seating inviting, but full.

This is a bit upscale for Oxford, quieter, and less studenty. A bit anyway. It has always been busy when we've tried going there in the past, it is popular on the usual college event times.

So this was a treat. Will write later when I get the chance to eat there.

The selection of craft beers was very good. Nice selection from across the country. They also have a small brewing set-up of their own (hence the quarter barrel name). The have one tap of their own, that day a very good belgian saison. Quite nice with a touch of spice from rye.

The brewmaster was sitting next to me and we had a great conversation about beer and brewing. The rest of the bar staff was equally friendly, and knew their beers.

If you are looking for something quieter in Oxford, or beer other than BudMillerCoors, this is the place. Good as it gets for an adult beer lover in Oxford.

• Visited August 2013

Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Awesome Flat bread pizzas”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was the second time we ate here when visiting Miami U. Both times the food was excellent, especially the pizza.

Visited August 2013
Loveland, Ohio
“Flatbread Heaven”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great place to sit on the porch and enjoy a cold beer and a flatbread that is out of this world. Great menu selections, friendly service and fabulous brew. Don't bother me if you need more than that for a great lunch place.

Visited May 2013
Oxford, Ohio
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Husband & I were looking for somewhere different to go for dinner. My teenage daughters had went here for homecoming, & a friend from work had been here & liked it. So, we decided to give it a try. Wasn't sure what to expect, and was such a nice surprise to see how cool it was. atmosphere was relaxed. It seemed very clean. Food choices were awesome. When we got our food, it looked & tasted delicious! We even split a dessert. The waitress was a sweetheart. We will definetly come back here! My husband got the roasted chicken, & I got the salmon. We had the apple tart for dessert. Yumm!!

• Visited June 2013
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

My family enjoyed a nice dinner on the patio in front of the restaurant. The server was friendly and knowledgeable.The food was excellent. The lavosh or flatbread pizza makes for a delicious and filling appetizer. The specials that evening were swordfish and the Cajun shrimp with grits. I was lucky enough to taste both and they were surprisingly good. They also have a decent selection of micro-brewery beers.

Visited June 2013