“Food was good but wait was long”
Review of Kona Bistro

Kona Bistro
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

There was some sort of formal the night we went. We had reservations and were sat quickly but boy, did our food take forever. The waiter kept coming by and saying 'your orders should be coming up quickly'. It didn't. The food was very good. I would eat here again. However, it would've been nice if they had comped a meal or offered a discount for the long wait. The bathroom, with no doors on the stalls, was interesting. At first, the dressed up girls said we couldn't come in and after waiting a few minutes we asked how long it was going to be and finally they let us in.

There are newer reviews for Kona Bistro

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A small setting, but with good service and special priced items including wine bottle discounts...enjoyed he Edna Valley Chardonnay at almost grocery store prices. the jambolia and fish accented dishes seemed to be spot on with good spices and fresh ingredients. Enjoyed by all in our party including our 2 year and 3 year old grandchildren. A small bill error was rapidly corrected without hesitation. would enjoy a meal there again on next vist.

the happy hour seemed generous in its offerings, but we were just there for a meal.

Became busy a little later--so the locals have found this place also

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I work in Oxford, and have eaten at many of the uptown restaurants. Kona Bistro is one of my favorites, and I don't have many. The last time I ate from here, I got the curry chicken salad. OMG, was it good! I would love the recipe. The service is always very friendly, & helpful. Choices are amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is a little pricey, but the quality is very good!

1  Thank packaderm
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A mixed menu with consistently good food at a reasonable price. Great choice of wines. Service usually very good.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stopped by for a quick lunch with my sister. The menu looks very good, so will definitely be coming back. The steak with blue cheese sauce appetizer was really good. I also had a chicken salad that was very good. The smoothie/alcohol drink menu looked so good, can't wait to come back this summer to sample.