“Good for a dead college town”
Review of 45 East Bar & Grill - CLOSED

45 East Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 August 2014

So were looking for a place to eat at 8:00 at night on a Sunday and nothing was open but a few sandwich shops and this place. We passed by it twice because it looked like a bar. Most of the stores had signs that said closed for summer be back for start of school. We finally stopped in and the food was good. My wife had the Salmon and she loved it, I had the french dip and it was very good. They were even so uptown that they had edamame (look it up) on the menu. The service was a little slow, but it was a Sunday night. I'm sure if there were other places open it wouldn't be our first choice but sometimes you never know.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Awesome food. The peppercorn sirloin with onion rings was awesome. My wife had salmon and it was also really good.

1  Thank TraveFer
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Looked very cute so gave it a try (broke my rule of checking out tripadvisor first..shouldn't have!) Just 2 of us for a sandwich. Sat at bar..took 15 minutes to get a water (had to ask twice)..another 30 minutes to get a French dip (now 45 mins & just getting food.) Had to ask twice for more dip... In other words..very, very slow!!!! However bartender was very nice..just slammed. Noticed table seating had the same issue..not enough staff & what was there moved very slow. Food was OK, nothing special. With so many other options nearby, I wont return.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Food sucked. Our server was drunk!! Manager and staff were sitting around the bar and seemed put out by our being there! I would not recommend this place to a homeless person!

1  Thank Xxdirtydeexx
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We got here around 9:30 for dinner and were quickly seated. Our orders were quickly taken and bread was brought out for us. The bread was warm which tasted great. The pastas were a little pricey(~$15), so I ordered a steak sandwich. Food were brought to us after 10 min, but the steak sandwich was not what I expected. For $9, I didn't expect actual steak, but it was actually just a hamburger patty. However, the fries were great. The service was really rushed. Our bills were brought to us before we were done and the again the waitress came back to pick it up before we were even finished. However, it is still cheaper than Bdub's(next door) and has larger portions.