Fiesta Charra
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Fiesta Charra has been serving authentic mexican cuisine to the City of Oxford and its visitors since July of 2002! We have a huge menu with many dishes, drinks, and desserts. We have a bar with drink specials from Monday to Thursday from 11am-9pm. Walk-ins and call aheads are welcome. If you don't feel like leaving your house, no problem! Just call us up and place an order and we will deliver hot, delicious food right to your door. Delivery hours are every day from open to 30 minutes before close. We also accept MU bucks.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Located right on the strip in downtown Oxford, this is a great little stop for a speedy Mexican meal - and a terrific Margarita. Service is friendly and professional, the chips and salsa were very fresh and the salsa itself was flavorful with a little pop, and my own personal primary grading item for any Mexican restaurant - the tamales - were very good. The place does a robust take-out and delivery business, which says something about its popularity. Though I'm used to meals arriving quickly at a place like this, Fiesta Charra was amazing - we had food in front of us literally less than five minutes after ordering. Not the best I've ever had, but an enjoyable experience, priced right.

1  Thank Cowslower

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a family favorite for us! We eat here often as a family, as well as with work associates. I always forget that they deliver so this becomes a special treat when I am stuck at my desk through lunch. My personal favorite are the nacho's or anything with their grilled chicken and/or steak. It has great flavor. The salsa is my favorite of ANY Mexican restaurant - and we eat Mexican A LOT! This place has great atmosphere and the staff is always friendly, quick, and helpful.

1  Thank Pam L
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've got a kid at miami so we head up there often to check in. The restaurants on this little downtown strip leave alot to be desired. I've been to about 5 of them, and most of them are simply bad. the 45 east bar and grill steps it up a bit and actually serves something decent to eat. You won't come out raving, but you'll get a half way decent meal. I feel the same way about this mexican place. At least its clean and the service is good. Given most of the rest of your choices on this strip, you'll be ahead of the game.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stay far, far away from the Chiles Rellenos. The plate was a runny mess of beans, a white cheese sauce, and bland rice with a surprising lack of any chiles. This dish is so NOT anything like Chiles Rellenos that we Initially thought the wrong plate was delivered. The other two entrees were the same quality. Drinking two or three Margaritas might improve the taste of the food because your taste buds would be severely compromised by that point. You probably wouldn't notice the greasy chips and slow, indifferent service either. Too bad - a college town should have some decent Mexican food.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Ate here on Friday lunch with son who is attending Miami. Considering my in-laws are Mexican and I have lived in the US southwest and so have had lots of experience with authentic Mexican cuisine, I may be biased. So...meals were good but typical Mexican you can have anywhere in the
US where most folks have not especially experienced with the cuisine...Mexican as usual is the best I can say. Its inexpensive, food is plentiful and the salsa is good. Tamales are also good and seemed homemade but were drowned in too much sauce and cheese. I would and probably will eat here again but it won't be my first choice.