“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Painesville B&B and Inns
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Very relaxing stay. Enjoyed meeting Debra and Tom. The full breakfast was fabulous and the continental breakfast was more than adequate! Very happy with the room. This is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed at Fitzgerlad's B&B in Painesville when I went home for my 35th School Reunion in August 2012. What a beautiful home and Debra and Tom were the greatestest. The room was just beautiful. I so enjoyed sitting out back in the beautiful yard watching the ducks, I love those ducks, I do believe I will miss the scones for breakfast the most. I was born and raised in Painesville Ohio and visit as much as I can and I will always stay at the Fitzgeralds from now on.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
New Hartford, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Being from Cork, Ireland, I was hoping for that type of Irish hospitality as they advertised. Helen greeted us warmly and was very helpful with directions and dinner choices. We never met our hosts and understand they are a working couple, but being an "Irish" B and B they should offer the breakfast as advertised or offer a reduction in price for a continental breakfast. We have encountered this before and the hostess offered and told us we would not have a full breakfast. We did not know until we had paid for the night that we would not have a full breakfast. There was no one to serve us in the morning and we even had to make more coffee ourselves. Definitely not what we expected of Irish hospitality.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank beauboxer
bedandb, Owner at Fitzgerald's Irish Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Unfortunately we were out of town when this guest visited our B&B. It should be noted, as stated on our website and our reservation system, that the weekday rate is discounted because a continental breakfast is included. A full breakfast is served on weekdends and holidays.
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I wrote a review for Fitzgerald's B&B before but TripAdvisor lost it. That's too bad because I don't remember all the fine details anymore, BUT, I remember being very happy with the room, the food, and the lodging. The house is beautiful and the location is perfect. The only complaint I had was the squeaky bed -- made "romance" a challenge! (And red faces coming down the stairs to breakfast.) I have stayed in other places around the area but nothing beats Fitzgerald's B&B.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DV_RoadTrippers
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I wanted a weekend getaway for our anniversary. We had never been to a B&B before so we were a little wary before we left. It was more than I could ever have hoped for. It was spotless and very comfortable. The antique furniture and decor puts you in another world. Everything was beautiful. We had the Bushmill room and really enjoyed the whirlpool. The owners were very nice and helpful for directions and any other info you may need. It's set in a small town, but is very close to restaurants and the lake. The 3 course breakfast was spectacular and the home made scones were the star of the meal. We had a great time there and will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheRedQueen
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2009

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Fitzgerald's and we love it. We were treated like family as soon as we walked in. Debra and Tom are amazing they both enjoy what they do and it shows as soon as you enter the B&B. We were given a tour by Debra she chatted with us about local places to visit. Very helpful as we are from Canton and had never been to this area before. The town is very quaint lots of small shops, antique stores and very close to Geneva on the Lake, and local wineries. Alot to do and I wish we had more than a night there. We will be returning soon to spend more time. Breakfast is made by Tom and he is a wonderful chef:) We had Creme Brulee French Toast Tom was trying a new recipe and we were glad to be the first ones to try it. Very well done! Thank you Tom and Debra for a incredible evening and morning. I am glad I found this special spot and will be sure to pass it on to all my friends and family.

Keri and Seth

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank keriandseth
Painesville
Reviewed 24 October 2008

After having stayed at this B&B myself in June, I recently booked a room for my mother, who was coming to visit. Unfortunately, two days before her intended stay, a long-time family friend passed away very unexpectedly, due to injury. My mother wished to postpone her visit for one week, so that she could attend his wake and burial. When I contacted Deborah FitzGerald, I was told that they'd be delighted to have my mother the following week, but despite the nature of the situation, we would still be billed for the original reservation. Despite my explanation that the death was completely unexpected, Deborah was unrelenting. Needless to say, we will never again patronize this establishment, and my recommendation to others, given the unpredictable nature of illness and death, would be that you also take your money to someone who actually values you as a customer.

Stayed June 2008
9 Thank lalalalaPainesville
bedandb, owner at Fitzgerald's Irish Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 May 2009
This was an unfortunate circumstance. Prior to taking a reservation, guests understand that we have a 2-week cancellation policy. Even given that, we only enforce our cancellation policy when we are completely sold out and we would have lost income. This woman called to cancel just about two days before her arrival. At that point I tried to rebook the room by making it available online, but it did not rebook.

We are very reasonable and have been voted one of the top 15 B&Bs in the U.S. Our close proximity to Cleveland and I-90 makes us an ideal location enjoying all that Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, and Cuyahoga Counties have to offer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor

Been to Fitzgerald's Irish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!