“Large but cozy, stylish and comfortable....a wonderful place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Painesville
Fitzgerald's Irish Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Painesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Fitzgerald's Irish B&B turned out to be a wonderful find!

The 16 room home is large but exudes friendly warmth and charm! The hosts, Tom and Debra, are exceedingly friendly and helpful.

We stayed in the Galway room which is large and well furnished. A comfortable queen sized sleigh bed, flat screen TV on a swivel wall bracket, DVD player with some movies, iron & iron board. The bathroom that is adjoined to this room is HUGE. It had a separate shower and bath; "his and hers" sinks and a large closet to hang clothes. The bath is a large corner Jacuzzi - nice :)). The bathroom also comes equipped with a hairdryer and soap and shampoo.

At the room entrance there is also a small "kitchenette" - no dining table - cupboards stocked with dishes, a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. Along the counter are a few outlets which were great for charging the cell phones and iPad. On top of this, there is free WIFI that extends out into the relaxing back yard.

More: breakfast was awesome! Since we stayed during the week the rate was lower as a continental breakfast is served. I understand on the weekends and on holidays a full hot breakfast is made. The continental breakfast was tasty - homemade scones (yummy!!), fresh fruit, juice, coffee/tea, choice of cereal, breakfast bars, and yogurt.

All in all, a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The Galway room was awesome, however, since it is on the main floor you can hear the guests upstairs...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Very relaxing stay. Enjoyed meeting Debra and Tom. The full breakfast was fabulous and the continental breakfast was more than adequate! Very happy with the room. This is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed at Fitzgerlad's B&B in Painesville when I went home for my 35th School Reunion in August 2012. What a beautiful home and Debra and Tom were the greatestest. The room was just beautiful. I so enjoyed sitting out back in the beautiful yard watching the ducks, I love those ducks, I do believe I will miss the scones for breakfast the most. I was born and raised in Painesville Ohio and visit as much as I can and I will always stay at the Fitzgeralds from now on.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Being from Cork, Ireland, I was hoping for that type of Irish hospitality as they advertised. Helen greeted us warmly and was very helpful with directions and dinner choices. We never met our hosts and understand they are a working couple, but being an "Irish" B and B they should offer the breakfast as advertised or offer a reduction in price for a continental breakfast. We have encountered this before and the hostess offered and told us we would not have a full breakfast. We did not know until we had paid for the night that we would not have a full breakfast. There was no one to serve us in the morning and we even had to make more coffee ourselves. Definitely not what we expected of Irish hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beauboxer
bedandb, Owner at Fitzgerald's Irish Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Unfortunately we were out of town when this guest visited our B&B. It should be noted, as stated on our website and our reservation system, that the weekday rate is discounted because a continental breakfast is included. A full breakfast is served on weekdends and holidays.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

I wrote a review for Fitzgerald's B&B before but TripAdvisor lost it. That's too bad because I don't remember all the fine details anymore, BUT, I remember being very happy with the room, the food, and the lodging. The house is beautiful and the location is perfect. The only complaint I had was the squeaky bed -- made "romance" a challenge! (And red faces coming down the stairs to breakfast.) I have stayed in other places around the area but nothing beats Fitzgerald's B&B.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DV_RoadTrippers
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I wanted a weekend getaway for our anniversary. We had never been to a B&B before so we were a little wary before we left. It was more than I could ever have hoped for. It was spotless and very comfortable. The antique furniture and decor puts you in another world. Everything was beautiful. We had the Bushmill room and really enjoyed the whirlpool. The owners were very nice and helpful for directions and any other info you may need. It's set in a small town, but is very close to restaurants and the lake. The 3 course breakfast was spectacular and the home made scones were the star of the meal. We had a great time there and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheRedQueen
Reviewed 11 July 2009

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Fitzgerald's and we love it. We were treated like family as soon as we walked in. Debra and Tom are amazing they both enjoy what they do and it shows as soon as you enter the B&B. We were given a tour by Debra she chatted with us about local places to visit. Very helpful as we are from Canton and had never been to this area before. The town is very quaint lots of small shops, antique stores and very close to Geneva on the Lake, and local wineries. Alot to do and I wish we had more than a night there. We will be returning soon to spend more time. Breakfast is made by Tom and he is a wonderful chef:) We had Creme Brulee French Toast Tom was trying a new recipe and we were glad to be the first ones to try it. Very well done! Thank you Tom and Debra for a incredible evening and morning. I am glad I found this special spot and will be sure to pass it on to all my friends and family.

Keri and Seth

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keriandseth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Holiday Inn Express Mentor (Lamalfa Conference Center)

Been to Fitzgerald's Irish Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!