“Nice facility”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice facility”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Very comfortable and quiet. Clean and well managed. I enjoyed a good night's sleep. Good coffee bar set out in atrium in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My son's wedding was there and the service, the food, the location was great. The personnel couldn't have been more personable. The only complaint we had was the morning after the wedding the breakfast buffet had a large reservation so we had over a half hour wait even though there was lots of empty seats. Other than that the rooms are spacious and clean and the employees are extremely accomodating.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Quail Hollow Resort. The beds were comfy, the people were nice, no hassels. We were busy with wedding details, so we didn't use the pool or the hot tub. The only thing I noticed at all that wasn't extremely positive was the fact that it was dark in the elevators! Must be a bulb or two burned out. Otherwise, our stay was wonderful! They even upgraded us to a suite because our room wasn't ready when we arrived (early).

Room Tip: show up before check in time!
Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I arranged a group block for our wedding in early June and the sales staff was AWESOME. We kept changing things, adding things, bringing bags for check in, setting up a hospitality suite and more. They were so accomodating and easy to work with. My husband stayed there the night before the wedding and he said that he slept so good so he was relaxed the day of the wedding. If you are coming to this area on business or pleasure it is a great option. This is the first time I have come back to the area and there is a lot more near the hotel then there was before (restaurants, etc).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Our experience with Quail Hollow Resort was very disappointing. My husband and I stayed at Quail Hollow for a wedding - of which I was a bridesmaid.

Our disappointment started when we walked through the doors at check-in. There were about 4-5 people at the Front Desk - all were standing around chatting and none seemed interested in welcoming us to check us in. Finally when we got one of the ladies' attention, I explained I was part of the wedding party and that the bride had made reservations for a King Bedroom for us. She had also made reservations for a two standard bed room as well - and I wanted to be sure we got the correct room. When we got to our room - it definitely was a two standard bed room. Worried that our rooms got switched - I went back to the Front Desk to double check the reservations. When I asked the same lady about the reservation, I only got a short and rude reply "No, all the rooms are the same." She didn't even bother to check the reservation! I should have been more persistant since we DID pay for a King Bed, but it was not worth the argument.

Further more - the layout of the hotel is HORRIBLE. It is impossible to find anything. For a wedding roomblock, I had assumed that maybe our rooms would be in the same general vacinity. As a bridesmaid, I frequently needed to go visit the bride's room - which was in a whole OTHER wing - literally, needed to take an elevator from the second floor, to the first floor, walk all the way to the other side of the hotel, go around the building, take another elevator to the fourth floor, and walk to the end of the hall way. It was literally a 10 minute trek. It would have been faster to drive around.

Further more on the confusing layout of the hotel - none of the staff seemed to give us correct directions. The rehearsal dinner was held in the "Concord Room" of the hotel. We asked directions from the Front Desk, and they told us it was on the first floor (note - there is a "Ground Floor, "First Floor" and "Second Floor" - which leads to a lot of confusion). We go to the first floor and wandered around, unable to locate the room. We ask a few staff for directions, and all either didn't know where the room was, or said they couldn't help us. We luckily passed a sign that gave a list of special events that day with a location - the Front Desk told us the wrong floor.

Next complaint: Room Service and the Lounge. My husband and I went to the Lounge to get lunch. The dining room was empty, except for a party of four ladies and another couple. After waiting close to 15 minutes at the table, no one greeted us and not a single staff person was in sight - except for a single bartender who was cleaning glasses the whole time, refusing to look up. We left the lounge and decided to order room service. The staff answering the phone for room service was very rude - he was having trouble understanding our order and snapped at us to "slow down" our order on the phone because we were "throwing too many things at him at once." We ordered two turkey sandwhiches and an appetizer.

Last complaint - CHECKOUT. Not only was our experience at the hotel with customer service MISERABLE, the checkout process was just the icing on the cake. We received a $30 charge on our bill that we did not spend. As I disputed the charge, the woman helping me at the Front Desk told me to wait until they looked into it. She took my bill into the back room, and then came back and started helping other customers... I must have stood there at least 10 minutes waiting. Another Front Desk attendant tried to help me, but the lady told her I had already been helped and they were still "looking into" the extra charge. As I got more frustrated as she was helping other people check out, the third attendant at the Front Desk came over and looked into my reservation, and said that the charge had been removed, and finished the check out process for me. The lady who first helped me was annoyed and said she needed "training on how to do Expedia refunds, which is why she asked me to wait." Seriously? I've never experienced such awful customer service at a supposedly quality hotel.

Tips:
- Don't expect quality customer service. Neither will they do anything about your complaints.
- Give yourself extra time to get lost in the hotel - it will happen.
- Make sure your hotel bill is correct
- Use the stairs, not the elevators. The far elevator's lights were out, the elevator on the right side of the building shakes as it moves, and the elevator in the center of the building was stuck for a majority of the evening.
-Room service takes a long time.

Highlights:
-Pool was clean and comfortable and was open 24 hours.
-Our bartender, Scott, was AMAZING during the Rehearsal Dinner.
-Food was good once we were served...

Room Tip: Rooms in the center are more modern/updated.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ElaineLaF
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Thank you for your comments. As part of the management team here at the resort we review all guests’ comments. We use guest’s comments as a training tool for all of our associates. During our peak season, we do try our hardest to fulfill all room requests. I do sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We do take pride in our resort and our service. We have been a premier resort here in Northeast Ohio for more than 30 years. Next time you and your family are in the area, please give us another chance as we have many repeat guests and have become many families an annual tradition.
Geneva, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Our company held an event the week of May 16th at the Quail Hollow Resort. The staff and their service was to the highest of standards. I feel they should be commended, our event was highly successful. The staff was not only helpful and professional, but kind and friendly always willing to lend a hand. You were always greeted with a smile. I would like to thank all who were involved in making our event a success. And a special thank you to Cynthia for the lovely conversation, it was wonderful speaking with you and getting to know you. I would highly recommend Quail Hollow for both business and personal occasions.

Best Regards
Cindy Horn
NASPL

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Cindy12314
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Our family had a lovely wedding experience at Quail Hollow. Everything was coordinated and performed by professionals. The facilities, meals and accomodations are superb. I wanted to take the bed home with me. Traveling with three small children was a breeze while we were there. The kids love the pool and the food. We always felt as though the children were welcome guests. Thank you for a wonderful couple of days.

Room Tip: Hospitality suites are ideal for visiting.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank neohiogal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!