“I Would Go Back Again In A Heartbeat”

Quail Hollow Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Allen Park, Michigan
“I Would Go Back Again In A Heartbeat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

It is so refreshing to patronize a business where the employees actually care about you. We stayed at Quail Hollow for the first time this past week. We stayed for three nights. It is comfortable, quiet and very, very accomodating. From the friendly greeter at the front desk, to the super nice waitresses in the steakhouse and everybody in between, this is the place to stay if you like being treated well! It is very obvious that the management cares about customer satisfaction! Thank you for a wonderful stay, Quail Hollow! We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the golf course. :)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are thrilled that we have exceeded your expectations. We do take pride in our service and feel we have a wonderful team of employees that truly care about our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Channahon, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I grew up in Painesville Ohio and always wanted to stay at the Quail Hollow, I finally got the chance when I returned back to the area over Thanksgiving 2011. I was totally and completely disappointed. I was there for 4 nights, my room got cleaned 1 of those days. I had to call down to the desk everyday for clean towels and cups and put all the dirty stuff outside the door to be picked up because the room never got cleaned. I had a voucher for dinner in the steakhouse, and the first night it was very good. The second time I went, they counted a little 1yr old baby as my 6th person for the 18% gratuity - that was not earned. We waited for over an hour and a half for our meal to get to the table. My daughter ordered the prime rib (the special of the night) and was completely disappointed and returned it for a medium rare steak that did not arrive to the table for 30 more minutes! Dinner was a complete bust and costed over $200.00 - crazy. It was not worth the price and the service was HORRIBLE. When I checked out, I told the girl at the counter of the experience, she said she would tell the manager; 3 nights later I got a call from the manager but was unable to answer my phone. When I returned the call, no one knew what I was talking about and said the manager would return my call in the morning - I have never heard back from them again. I would never stay at this hotel again, nor recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Ck's Steakhouse prides itself on guest satisfaction and we do not want to leave any guest unsatisfied. We want to make sure that all of our guests have a relaxing and joyful experience while dining in the restaurant as well as staying at the resort. I have been made aware that a member of our management team has been in contact with you in order to further discuss your experience at our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

When visiting the far eastern suburbs of Cleveland, such as Painesville and Concord, this is an outstanding place to stay. It would also be an excellent choice if travelling the I-90 corridor. This hotel had undergone extensive renovation about one decade ago. The atrium interior design has a certain Wright inspiration, which makes it a very pleasant place to relax with friends after dinner. The room and all common areas were spotless and fresh. There are two restaurants within. Please see under separate review. No need to go out for meals. Very attractive free coffee and tea service set up each morning near the entrance to the restaurant at the second level of the atrium area. Very courteous staff.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. It is always my pleasure to share these wonderful comments with our staff. We hope you will stay with us during your next trip to our area.
Romulus, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed here for business and we were surprised a place like this is here. My co-worker and I both reserved two queen bed rooms and they were so different. Hers was much larger while mine was much smaller. The bed was comfortable and the hotel staff was very nice.

For dinner...that was the slowest dinner ever. The food was was below par. Find something else!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Quail Hollow Resort has many amenities desirable to business travelers; we recently updated our complimentary wireless internet, offer room service, in room movies, as well as beds with luxurious down bedding. We are glad you were able to have a good nights sleep while away from home. We do apologize for the delay while dining in our restaurant. We have just updated our menu that has received many compliments, we hope you will visit us again and give CK’s Steakhouse another chance.
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I left my hotel room at 11 am, returning at 7 pm, finding that they did not clean my room. I called the front desk, but no one answered. After trying to contact them for several minutes, I went down to the front desk. No one was there. I waited several minutes until the attendant showed up. I explained that my room was not cleaned, and she seemed indifferent to the issue. She did offer to provide room service or clean towels. Very disappointing for the rate they charged, and the fact that they claim to be a resort, or higher quality hotel. I might expect this of a fly by night "motel", but not one that claims to be of the caliber they portray.
Also, overall, hotel was very old, and not updated. They had construction going on in part of the hotel near our room, that woke us around 8 am, which isn't real early, but they could have put us somewhere away from the construction as the hotel did not appear to be very full.
Workout facilities are of poor quality, with many machines out of order.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we do use guest’s comments as a helpful training tool. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please rest assured that we are working hard to resolve all issues that you have made us aware of. Thank you for pointing out that you were bothered by noise. We had attempted to ensure that no guests were bothered as we worked hard to renovate our conference space and had fiber optic lines installed for our upgrade to high definition television. We do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area, to see the upgrades that we are continuing to make to our wonderful property.
Rocky River, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

You'd probably be very happy here if you had a conference here or were stopping here on your way down I-90. If this was your vacation destination, you'd probably be disappointed.

The hotel reminds me of a Best Western or one of those types of places. They are nothing special and get the job done.

The lobby itself is very nice. It is very warm and welcoming, which is fine, but that is not where the stay is - it starts and ends with the room which were average at best.

This place would be perfect for a guys weekend with golfing as the centerpiece. I have heard good things about the golf here.

I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lawfive
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
I do appreciate you taking the time to write a review, we do use guest’s comments as a helpful training tool. We have just recently renovated our conference center and are looking forward to the future upgrades in 2012. Please visit our website before booking, we do offer many special packages that feature our PGA rated golf course, spa services at Jack Arra’s Salon, and in house restaurant, CK’s Steakhouse.
Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

My fiancé and I spent the weekend at Quail Hollow; with mixed reviews. First, I like that this is an independently owned resort hotel. It is unusual to see this as many small businesses are swallowed up by larger chains; it has a charm to it.

Accommodations: The accommodations are OK. Our room was in good repair and clean but will be in definite need of a facelift in the near future. The lobby/bar is beautifully constructed to have the lodge look, very cozy. The indoor pool was consistent with what you may find in some higher end Hilton properties and their gym was above average. There were plenty of nautilus equipment, treadmills and elliptical. While we didn't play golf, the grounds certainly looked very nice. Our one major complaint is that when we turned the heat on it had a very musty smell to it. Not sure what the problem was but it could be an aging H-vac system.

Food: We did not eat much at the hotel but when we did it was pretty good. Our room service order consisted of quesadillas and garlic mashed potatoes (weird... I know). Both were very well prepared, flavorful and best of all timely! They offer a decent breakfast buffet in their signature restaurant C.K.'s Steakhouse. While we did not eat much at the hotel we certainly wouldn't be afraid to recommend it.

Location: If you are looking to be close to downtown attractions such as the Hard Rock or the stadiums... stay elsewhere. The drive would be considerable and there are much closer places to stay in that price point. If you are visiting family on the east side this would certainly be an acceptable location.

We Pricelined this hotel for around $60/night. To book one of these rooms without Priceline would cost you between $90-$150/night depending on the time of year. This is a great find somewhere between $60-$80/night but I wouldn't pay much more that that. It’s too far away from some attractions and the amenities simply wouldn't justify my paying more than $100.

So if you are looking for a good weekend getaway and can get a good rate I would certainly book Quail Hollow Resort. Should we revisit the Cleveland area (the east side of course) we would definitely put Quail Hollow back on the list.

Room Tip: This hotel has a breezway that connects one side of the hotel to another. Request a room away from...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MRJKY
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; we greatly appreciate your feedback. We take pride in our customer service and attention to customer detail. We do apologize for the issues you experienced when turning on your heat. We have ensured all units have been tested to prepare for the winter ahead. CK’s Steakhouse is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We hope during your next stay you will be able to experience our chef’s exceptional menu. We do offer may discounts as well as specialized packages for guests coming to the area; please check our hotel website for future reservations and packages. We look forward to your next stay with at Quail Hollow Resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!