“Dream Wedding at Quail”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Mentor, Ohio
“Dream Wedding at Quail”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My daughter recently had her wedding reception at Quail Hollow Resort and I have to admit it was one of the most beautiful weddings ever! The staff was extremely attentive to every detail and helped make the day virtually stress free. Many of our guests stayed at the hotel and all of them were impressed by the beautiful rooms, the great food and wonderful service. I would highly recommend Quail to anyone planning a special event.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at Quail Hollow Resort! We are thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations and thank you for allowing us to be part of your daughter’s special day! We wish your daughter a lifetime of happiness.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Geneva on the Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 30 December 2011

My daughter had her wedding reception (sensational -we had the full lobby & bears cocktail lounge for 1-1/2 hours, and then the lovely banquet room), our niece had her baby shower, our company has all of our Christmas parties and events, and we're now having our daughter's baby shower here (a boy -yeah!). We come back time and time again due to the courteous management and staff, cleanliness and beauty of the hotel, along with great food and location of hotel. We did have a slight issue with our 2011 Christmas party, but Marlo Hall took care of it immediately (Thank-You, Marlo!). It is a shame that others have had a not so great experience, but I can assure you that this not the norm. Quail is the place not only stay, but to hold your events. Their are rates are reasonable. I truly sympathize that others had issues, but nothing is always perfect. Quail Hollow, though, is pretty close! Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
We have been a premier resort here in Northeast Ohio for more than 30 years. Thank you for your many years of business. At Quail Hollow Resort we do strive to have great customer service as well as having comfortable rooms for our guests to enjoy. Marlo is a great asset to our management team. Thank you again for your wonderful compliments and congratulations on the new addition to your family!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Hotel was clean, but nothing special. Biggest complaint was how noisy it was. Front desk told us the hotel was 35 years old. I don't think the rooms were ever soundproofed. Could hear our neighbors and everyone in the hall. Didn't sleep at all because there was a wedding at the hotel and the guests were so loud. It's like my bed was in the room with the wedding! For the same price, you can find a chain hotel that has more amenities than this place.

• Stayed December 2011
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Thank you for your comments. We do appreciate you taking the time to write a review. As part of the management team here at the resort we review all guests’ comments. We do sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay. Next time you are in the area, we do hope you will give us another chance.
Pearl, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We stay at Quail Hollow 3 or 4 times per year, because we get a low rate from Priceline. While we've noticed a decline in the level of service and cleanliness, this past visit in November 2011 was the worst. While the beds were made each day, the shampoo, conditioner and soap were not refilled during our 5 day stay. Glasses were removed from our room, but new ones were not given. There were no pool towels, and the toilet paper roll was removed but a new one was not put in place (they even took the holder). Fortunately there was still some on a second roll!

We stayed in this same room in June 2010. At that time, we complained about the toilet not working properly - you had to take the tank lid off in order for it to flush. 18 months later, we STILL had to take the tank lid off in order to get it to flush (some part of the mechanism hits the top of the lid and won't work if it's closed.)

My husband's theory is that Quail Hollow has "Priceline rooms"; those that are less desirable. We've been given a room next to the electrical closet, one next to the front desk, and then 009, with the broken toilet. His theory might just be correct!

We have another stay scheduled for Christmas (Priceline again -I would never pay the regular rate of $115, but at $55 it's OK). I'm hoping things are improved, but I'm not very optimistic.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
bgoodnight, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We use our reviews as helpful training tools. We want all of our guests to be satisfied and appreciate feedback to assist us in correcting our shortcomings. We are addressing all issues you have experienced and hope your stay with us later this month exceeds expectations. As with all reservations, if you are not satisfied with your room, please feel free to contact the front desk and we will be happy to relocate you to a different location of the hotel.
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed 5 December 2011

It is so refreshing to patronize a business where the employees actually care about you. We stayed at Quail Hollow for the first time this past week. We stayed for three nights. It is comfortable, quiet and very, very accomodating. From the friendly greeter at the front desk, to the super nice waitresses in the steakhouse and everybody in between, this is the place to stay if you like being treated well! It is very obvious that the management cares about customer satisfaction! Thank you for a wonderful stay, Quail Hollow! We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the golf course. :)
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are thrilled that we have exceeded your expectations. We do take pride in our service and feel we have a wonderful team of employees that truly care about our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Channahon, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I grew up in Painesville Ohio and always wanted to stay at the Quail Hollow, I finally got the chance when I returned back to the area over Thanksgiving 2011. I was totally and completely disappointed. I was there for 4 nights, my room got cleaned 1 of those days. I had to call down to the desk everyday for clean towels and cups and put all the dirty stuff outside the door to be picked up because the room never got cleaned. I had a voucher for dinner in the steakhouse, and the first night it was very good. The second time I went, they counted a little 1yr old baby as my 6th person for the 18% gratuity - that was not earned. We waited for over an hour and a half for our meal to get to the table. My daughter ordered the prime rib (the special of the night) and was completely disappointed and returned it for a medium rare steak that did not arrive to the table for 30 more minutes! Dinner was a complete bust and costed over $200.00 - crazy. It was not worth the price and the service was HORRIBLE. When I checked out, I told the girl at the counter of the experience, she said she would tell the manager; 3 nights later I got a call from the manager but was unable to answer my phone. When I returned the call, no one knew what I was talking about and said the manager would return my call in the morning - I have never heard back from them again. I would never stay at this hotel again, nor recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. Ck's Steakhouse prides itself on guest satisfaction and we do not want to leave any guest unsatisfied. We want to make sure that all of our guests have a relaxing and joyful experience while dining in the restaurant as well as staying at the resort. I have been made aware that a member of our management team has been in contact with you in order to further discuss your experience at our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 November 2011

When visiting the far eastern suburbs of Cleveland, such as Painesville and Concord, this is an outstanding place to stay. It would also be an excellent choice if travelling the I-90 corridor. This hotel had undergone extensive renovation about one decade ago. The atrium interior design has a certain Wright inspiration, which makes it a very pleasant place to relax with friends after dinner. The room and all common areas were spotless and fresh. There are two restaurants within. Please see under separate review. No need to go out for meals. Very attractive free coffee and tea service set up each morning near the entrance to the restaurant at the second level of the atrium area. Very courteous staff.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. It is always my pleasure to share these wonderful comments with our staff. We hope you will stay with us during your next trip to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!