“Priceline users get lower quality rooms”

Quail Hollow Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Pearl, Mississippi
“Priceline users get lower quality rooms”
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here at least three times a year for five or six years, using Priceline. My husband always said he thought we got a lower level of service and a worse room because of that. I didn't think that was true...until now. We returned late last night to a room that hadn't been cleaned well. The bedspreads were pulled up, but the beds weren't made. We had no towels, no shampoo, no toilet paper, no bath mat, no wash cloths. The front desk clerk was apologetic and said he didn't know because he was the night guy. In the morning, my husband spoke to the general manager about our issues, and told him we were long time customers. The manager told him that Priceline customers pay less, so they are not going to get the same room as someone who pays regular price. He was not at all apologetic about the fact they treat Priceline customers differently. The hotel is still a good value...just know what to expect if you book through Priceline.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Taya33
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping manager and she is addressing the situation. Our policy is to clean rooms of those staying over daily and I apologize that this did not happen in your case. Our intent is never to give one guest better service or standards than to another. You are a valued guest and I hope we have the opportunity to show you what we really have to offer. If you wish to book in the future, you may contact me personally and I would be delighted make the arrangements for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here last night while on our way to Massachusetts. I received a great rate through Priceline and did not even have to bid.
Upon arrival, staff greeted me with a warm smile and helped me get into my room quickly. Hotel has a lounge and restaurant which serves a great buffet breakfast.
Rooms are great. Bed was comfy.
Will stay again when coming through.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments will be shared with the rest of the Team. We look forward to your next stay at Quail Hollow Resort.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Arrived on a Wednesday for a 2 night stay. The GM greeted me with a glass of bubbly; off to a good start. Checked in to a tidy room and prepared for the evening. Dined at the Redhawk Grille (next to the resort) and had a great time on the patio; dining, drinking, conversing, listeneing to a live "one man band". Played golf on Thursday and again on Friday...beautiful walk (not as Twain said "spoiled"). The employees at the resort are very helpful & cheerful and I would recommend and stay at Quail Hollow Resort again. Free morning coffee, both in the room, which I did not use, and just outside the restaurant on the 2nd floor, which I did utilize.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your stay. We hope you will think of us for all your future hotel needs when visiting the Cleveland area. We also hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future at CK’s Steakhouse or CK’s Lounge here at Quail Hollow Resort. Once again thank you for your kind comments.
Stryker, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We reserved our room online while traveling down the Interstate and enjoyed a reduced rate through the booking site.
Upon arrival, the check in process was quick and easy.
When we opened the door to our room, we were greeted by a spacious room with a musty odor.
Our HVAC unit was noisy and had a melted grill...we guess that means it gets toasty hot when the heat is turned on; we only used the AC, so we did not test this theory.
The bathroom ceiling had an open drywall seam, the bathroom return air grid was dirty with lint, and the bathtub had discolored grout and caulk.
The walls and doorways of the elevators and the hallways alike were scuffed badly from the luggage carts and/or housecleaning carts.
In our opinion, the adjacent golf courses do not justify the cost of this lodging, but if you were here specifically to golf and purchased a golf/lodging package, maybe you would feel there is value.
There was also a swimming pool on site, so once again if you were here to use the "resort" aspect, perhaps you would find value that we did not.
On a positive note, the property has easy access to the Interstate, but far enough away that you don't hear any traffic.
This is a pet friendly motel, which is always a plus for those traveling with their animal companions.
Also, there was a crew of painters refreshing the exterior of the building as we were leaving, and we noticed that the yard and landscaping are well maintained.
And while our room showed signs of age and neglect, we did enjoy a quite room and a comfortable bed for the night.
In closing, we were not thrilled in our stay here, but we did enjoy a discounted rate which eased our disappointment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience, guest reviews help us understand our guests needs. I do apologize for the issues you experienced and any inconvenience it may have caused you. We strive to meet guests’ expectations and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show what we really have to offer.
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The hotel seems to be in need of a facelift, as the rooms, decorations, and carpeting are outdated. I expect more from any facility that carries the 'resort' title, in this case this is just an average hotel with a golf course. The restaurant is way overpriced for the quality of food being served and if you go right up the road you will find better options and price at the Redhawk Grille. The room was dirty with carpet stains, the sink was backed up, and the cigarette stench was overwhelming.
Lastly, the staff was okay but I would suggest that they put a little more effort into welcoming a guest and following up with them when they see them throughout their stay. Overall, I can't see myself coming back to this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarleyTravels
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your comments/concerns. At Quail Hollow Resort we do strive to have great customer service as well as having comfortable rooms for our guests to enjoy. As part of the management team here at the resort we review all guests’ comments and address them with management and staff. Next time you are in the area, I do hope you will give us another opportunity as I’m positive our product will exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss your recent stay in detail, please contact me directly.
Boca Raton
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was the worst hotel stay in my life. The room was musty, smelled of smoke, and we could not get any sleep as there was a large group having a party, and the noise went on unabated throughout the night. The air conditioning noise was so loud that when the unit went on, you couldn't hear the TV sound. I can't overemphasize the discomfort of attempting to stay at this facility.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room- find another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank mbnadoc
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues you had and any inconvenience it may have caused you. The entire management staff has been notified regarding your concerns. All issues will be addressed promptly. We take pride in our resort and our service and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what we really have to offer.

Travellers are raving about these Painesville hotels

Greensboro, Vermont
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have stayed at this resort several times in the past but we won't be back. The rooms are okay, but in need of some attention. Our room was tired looking and nothing special, the upholstery on one chair was torn and the other chair needed to be cleaned.
Because we had driven over twelve hours that day we decided to have a casual dinner in the lounge. It really was very disappointing, the service was poor and the food to say the least, was disappointing. It took a long time to be waited on ( there were only six other people in the lounge and two of them were sitting at the bar having drinks. When the waitress did show up she acted as if she was a inconvience to have to wait on us. She was not pleased that she had to explain what the specials were, and when I asked if the menu was the same as the restaurant, she responded as if I should know that. I told her we travelers and we were not familiar with the two menus. My husband and I usually leave at least a 20% tip, not this time!
We had to check out early the next morning, and I mean early it was around 4am, there were two people at the front, one in the office and one at the desk. I was told that it was too early to get our bill and that we would receive it in the mail, still waiting. We have traveled alot in our lives, never have we had this happen, we usually get a early start.
We have recommened this Hotel to friends and family, no more. In fact we first stayed because of a recommendation.
More and more people depend on reviews when making choices as to where to stay or eat, it can be a good place for constructive criticism.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank snow---1968
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did not meet your expectations when you recently stayed with us. Quail Hollow Resort is always striving to make our guests happier and more comfortable when they visit and comments like yours do assist us when training our staff. I apologize for your experience and hope that you do return soon. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your travel plans the next time you are in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
#1 of 5 in Austinburg

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!