“Very comfortable stay”

Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very nice hotel/resort, I stayed here multiple times. The gym, pool and spa were clean and well equipped. I am business traveler and the only issue I had was the internet was too bad, even opening email was a challenge. The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

We appreciate your response and I am glad to see that you consistently have good experiences with us. We have had the internet issue fixed so the next time you are on property you should not have the same issues. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 24 January 2014

nice hotel, good amenities. Micro wave in the large, spacious, clean room. The hot tub and steam room are well maintained and open till 11 pm. The breakfast is average. Excellent wine served during early evening hours. The hotel carpet needs to be replace. Overall, good hotel. Will visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Resort on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I have told my management team about your criticisms and I hope that when you do return you see an improvement. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Very nice facility, good food, polite people. I came on a Priceline purchase. Often hotels will relegate you to the lesser rooms when this happens. I was put on the first floor service hall across from what appears to be the house manager so housekeeping conversations start at 5am outside the sleeping room door.
There was no cell signal so I had to go to the lobby for phone calls, and the hotel internet was below DSL speeds.
If you come, don't book with a discount service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Utravelingmatt
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your response. I have taken your concerns about the location of your room to my Executive Committee and the issue is being addressed with the appropriate staff members. Please know that we treat all of our guests with the same respect and kindness no matter how they book their room. We are working on our internet and we hope that the issues are fixed when you visit us again. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We've stayed at a few other hotels in the area (we come to visit family) but Quail Hallow is our favorite. Especially the indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and fitness center. We're usually here in the winter so haven't had a chance to enjoy the golf course. The staff were friendly, the accommodations were clean and the food (breakfast) was delicious. The rooms are spacious ~ ours had two queen beds. The waitstaff was very attentive. There's a nice fire going in the lobby during the winter. WiFi is a bit slow. Very close to I90 and about a half hour into downtown Cleveland (we went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Winterfest and the Polka Fest).

Drawbacks: the heater fan was surprisingly loud. No safes in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LeiaVirginia

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can assure you that we are working on the WiFi issue so it should be working better during your next visit. I understand your concern about not having a safe in the room and I have brought that to the attention of upper management. We do have safes behind the front desk for guests to utilize so if you need to take advantage of that next time, please do. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I went here a week ago while traveling home to Upstate New York on Interstate 90. We usually stop in Holiday Inns or Hampton Inns, but she found this place on her smart phone and wanting to give a new place a try, suggested we go there.

The pictures are very misleading. They show the lobby, which looks nice, to be sure. The bathroom was old and falling apart (there was no bathroom fan, so people can hear your toilet noises in there. I am a firm believer in what goes on in the bathroom, should stay in the bathroom). The whole place looks like it was nice once upon a time but is about twenty years out of date.

We had a later dinner in the hotel restaurant. The service was decent, but the menu was limited.

When we left in the morning, we wanted to grab a cup of coffee to wake up, but there was no free coffee (the clerk said they just got rid of this amenity, which costs the hotel almost nothing to provide) in the lobby, as is typical in hotels these days so people can wake up and leave early safely. We would have had to have gone to the restaurant and I am sure it would have taken fifteen minutes minimum for us to get a cup of coffee.

Also the overflow parking lot looked like it was paved at least twenty years ago, it was in horrid shape with potholes and cracks. I am sure one could easily trip and fall or break an ankle if walking through there at night (nor was it lit).

We only saved about $10 as opposed to what we would spend at a nicer chain hotel (Quality Inn, Hampton, Holiday, etc.)

Just a little bit further down the highway, near Ashtabula, there are a dozen odd chain hotels right along Interstate 90. Unless you are about to fall asleep at the wheel, avoid this one and pay an extra $10.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and that you found our website to be misleading. Your concerns have been expressed with upper management in each department. We are currently in the process of working on giving our Resort a facelift and refreshing the rooms. I hope that you will give us a second chance if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Inn was a Mother's Day gift from my best friend's children. What a beautiful place. We stayed in the Polly Harper room. Couldn't stop taking pictures. The area was surrounded by vineyards. We enjoyed the views from every window. Would recommend this Inn to our friends. Also, the breakfast was delicious and more than you could eat at one time. It was one of our best trips.

Room Tip: The Polly Harper room was the best!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very accommodating staff, really nice facility. Great location close to Rt. 90. Great venue for retreats, special events. Really beautiful in the Fall. Cost was reasonable for the value of the whole experience.

Room Tip: I love a room with a separate sink from the toilet. A mini fridge is also a bonus.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for response! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review has been shared with the entire team here at Quail Hollow Resort. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Painesville
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Mentor
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites

Been to Quail Hollow Resort, A Trademark Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!