“Very mixed experience here!”

Quail Hollow Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Painesville
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here for a week in August, mainly chosen because the hotel is pet-friendly. I will say that as busy as the hotel was, it was quiet at night so we were able to sleep well. Did not utilize any of the amenities (restaurant, golf course etc.) so can't rate them. However, the housekeeping was horrible. Almost every day we had to call to complain that the staff had missed replacing obvious things like Kleenex, soap, lotion, plastic glasses. Some days I found hair and other things left on the bathroom floor so clearly the floor had not been cleaned. And the worst thing was that one day the front desk staff mistakenly assigned our room to anther hotel guest. They issued them a key and the guests walked in on my husband napping. This was really unacceptable and the staff offered nothing to us to make up for it (not even a free drink in the bar). Really concerned about how well this place is run.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunnygirl3320
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

We appreciate you sharing your experience. I would like to apologize for the situations you found yourself in while staying with us. Please know that we take comments like this very seriously and have shared your experience with department heads to ensure this does not happen to another guest or you again. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future as each one of our guests is important to us.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here as a stop over. Older hotel but the rooms weren't too bad. Not where I would go if i wanted elegance and luxury, but a great place for an affordable room.
Bar area was good. Service by the staff was friendly and responsive. Carpets show wear. Room was decorated appropriately and not out of date.

• Stayed: August 2014
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay here at the resort and had a good experience with our friendly staff. We truly value our guests’ feedback and we have shared your comments with our management staff. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The resort is a great place. Great staff and friendly. My only critique is if you are looking for central hotel in cleveland it's out of the way, but if you are looking to get away from Cleveland this place is great, Overall perfect experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us here at the resort and got to experience our friendly staff. We work hard to maintain a feeling of being away from the city but still feel connected. We thank you for your positive feedback and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Well worth it. Do not believe the reviews from the cranky people.This professional & teenager stayed during a family visit & found it to be a classy & clean, well decorated place with very sizeable & comfortable rooms. We'll be back & hope to use the pools. Especially high quality for an online, discounted rate!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LynninWashington
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the resort. We truly value our guests’ feedback and your comments have absolutely been shared with our management staff. We hope that you do return and take advantage of our great pools and amenities in the future and we look forward to having you!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I will never stay here again. The only thing that made me tolerate the hotel was the price. We were in the area because my daughter was swimming at the Spire Institute about 20 min away.

I found the staff to be quite moody. Some were and could be nice, but many could use some customer service courses. I heard a lot of complaining by the staff. A manager at the front desk completely ignored me when I tried to check-in. I have a theory why, but since I don't know for sure, I won't share it. All I can say, every guest should be greeted and acknowledged regardless.

The hotel is not very clean and is in disparate need of a renovation. I found the room to be dirty. The bed smelled bad. I hardly slept the 3 nights we were there. The beds needs replacing. The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well.

I'm not sure why this place is called a resort. It's a hotel next to a golf course. That's it. The kids were excited to go exploring when we got there, but there was no place to explore.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank ileanie

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our resort. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations. We take comments from our guest very seriously and use them to retrain as well as reprimand responsible parties that affected your stay. We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they are with us and it is clear that you did not have that experience. Your thoughts have been forwarded to not only our department heads but also our ownership. We do hope that you stay with us again as we want the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our room was beside a utility room and we were kept awake by the equipment. The hotel management admitted that previous guests had complained but they could not put us in another room because the hotel was full. Housekeeping did not clean the room the second day and after repeated phone calls and trips to the front desk we were finally able to get them to show up with fresh towels at 9 pm that night.

Overall the hotel is tired and service is very spotty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mitten49506
Kari B, Director of Sales at Quail Hollow Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive the service you expected. We work hard to ensure that our guests feel comfortable and receive a clean and enjoyable room each night of their stay. We have shared your comments with our housekeeping and management staff and we are working hard to make sure this type of incident does not occur again. We would love you have you back at the resort in the future. Please know that you are a valued guest and if you would like to speak with someone about your experience please contact the resort. Again, thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this through hotels.com and the room people and and restruant were all great. Lisa in the bar was an awesome person to recommend food and drinks for me and my crew. The resort is a great value to stay and eat at.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you had a good experience here at the resort and that you were able to enjoy CK’s. Your comments have been shared with our staff and management and we are glad we were able to provide you and your crew with such great customer service. We truly value our guests’ opinions and we hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
Hampton Inn Ashtabula
#1 of 5 in Austinburg

Been to Quail Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!