“Its all right”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Very nice morning meal. One of the nicest I've have seen at any hotel. But be careful where you park. During heavy rain the back parking lot will flood. I saw the entire street and about half the parking lot flood during a very heavy rain. So if heavy rain is predicted, park close to the building.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Tina C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hello 6thohio,

Thank you for let us know about your experience while staying with us. I am very glad you enjoyed the breakfast, we indeed have a large room for breakfast area. As you noted the street behind the building does flood and we also warn guests about it if we know of heavy downpours are coming, fortunately, it doen't happen too often.
We hope to see you again, the next time you are in the area.

Best Wishes,

Tina Eisenbrandt, General Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This place has a very friendly staff, that will helped with carrying my bags to my room upstair. I travel with work so l'm in and out all day and hauling bags up and down the stairs was no fun. I did ask for a room downstairs and I was politely rejected.

Because I travel with work the first thing I do when I get in a room I wipe down everything. Good thing here there was human hair everwhere. On the phone the floor and in between the sheets.

There are some upgrades to the hotel but you can tell where they cuts where made to save money. Like the air conditioning system in the room was so loud by the end of the night I ended up turning it off because I coukdnt sleep.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Tina P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent experience. We deeply regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time as our guest. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel is in the process of updating. The rooms are clean. The king rooms have a recliner chair to sit in. Staff placed our rooms next to painting and they were not full. The hotel has a great pool with 8 feet deep area plus a shallow area. Pool was heated. We used two times and we were the only tow in the pool

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StaceyJM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Stacey J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our clean rooms and great pool. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This building is very old, and the extremely low bathroom ceilings and old furniture only add to the weathered feel. The hotel was clean enough, but most Holiday Inn Expresses are newer and more modern.
I can't begin to tell you how small the bathroom was. Never mind the tiny vanity, the toilet was at least a foot off the wall. I'm a bigger guy, so closing the door meant entering and then doing a 180 degree turn. I never fully adjusted to having my head 6 inches from the shower ceiling. And I'm only 6'2"!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear dylan m,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the facilities and service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel from the night of the 6th of June 2014 to the morning of the 7th of June 2014. I checked in after 11 pm, but my room was still waiting for me although I failed to contact the property to inform them that I needed a late check-in. There was one young lady checking people in at the front desk. She unfortunately had to deal with an irate customer on the phone and then the she had to deal with the demanding woman who was in front of me in line. When my turn came to check in, she was very nice and cordial to me and the check-in was smooth and quick. I was offered a bottle of water too! The room itself was good, I loved the black-out curtain, which stopped about 95% of the light from entering the room, thus, I slept very well. I would have liked the bathroom grout and floor to be more clean, but I do have very high standards of bathroom cleanliness. I loved the Bath and Body Works toiletries and the abundance of towels that were in the bathroom. There was a microwave and a refrigerator in the room as well.

The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and varied from making your own pancakes, bagels, yogurt, muffins, eggs, sausage, biscuits, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc. One of the best free hotel breakfasts I have had in a while!

The hotel had many amenities like an indoor pool, work out facility, laundry room, etc. which I did not utilize, but it was nice to know they were there. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked through Hotwire so I'm glad I didn't pay full price! This hotel was obviously refurbished to a Holiday Inn express. The room was tiny, smelled of stale smoke, the furniture looked and felt "dirty", and the small bathroom didn't even have an exhaust fan. The only positives were the friendly staff and the breakfast.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Steve-n-Max,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit. It is unfortunate the room conditions marred your experience at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made in order to ensure future guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your time, we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ben J

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently stayed one night with my wife and infant daughter while traveling. We booked the "1 king bed lazy boy workspace nonsmoking," as I wanted to be able to relax a bit in the evening. I was honestly a bit surprised to see a hotel advertise a lazy boy recliner, and a little disappointed to see that what was in the room was not a recliner, but a step up from a chair one typically finds in a hotel room. The room also contained a mini fridge/freezer/microwave combination unit, like what you'd find in a college dorm room -- a nice touch if you wanted to keep some drinks cold.

The bed was decent, but a little worn. I could feel some pressure from some of the springs. They did provide both firm and soft pillows on the bed, which was a nice touch.

The bathroom was dated, but had good water pressure in the shower and abundant hot water. There was no fan, however, so a hot shower would make the entire hotel room feel a bit muggy. The shower walls have seen better days, evidenced by repaired cracks.

The carpet in the hotel room needed a good cleaning -- my daughter's feet were almost black after running around the room for about a half hour. The carpet also felt a little damp, like it was a combination of the outdoor humidity coming into the room from the AC unit and the humidity going up from taking a hot shower.

We took advantage of the pool and were pleasantly surprised to see how large the pool was. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel that had a pool that went to a depth of over 8 feet. The water was a touch on the cool side, but you got used to it pretty quickly. It was also open extended hours, 7am-11pm if I remember correctly.

Lastly, the complementary breakfast was quite decent. They had nearly everything one would expect -- sausage, eggs, biscuits, a pancake machine that made pancakes on demand, juices, donuts, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, cereal/milk, etc. The attendant was also very friendly and quick to clean up when other guests were done eating.

Overall, I feel we received a decent value for the money we spent. I hope that room renovations aren't far off, though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Neekap_1,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are pleased you liked the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you received. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M