To arrive at our 5 week Florida house rental in Venice we had 2 stop-over nights at Hotels and 2 nights at Hotels en route back to Toronto. All hotels were booked ahead of time and all of them worked out well where we wood stay again on our next travels. The exception was Candlewood Suites in Perrysburg, Ohio which left a sour note with us and we will avoid this hotel chain in the future.
Again, we had booked ahead and accepted the higher than usual rates, assuming that a suite should perhaps be better value.
Our room turned out to be just regular size compared with other Hotel rooms. There was a cooking stove and a large refrigerator, pots, cutlery and dishes which are nice for a longer stay, but of no use for an overnight stay.
Breakfast was not offered in the morning so we had to drive to a near-by restaurant.
For the queen- size bed there was barely room to squeeze by the wall of the washroom on one side, not convenient at all.
The windows are not meant to open for fresh air and we had to make do with the heating-cooling air circulation unit and fan noise. Further noise came from the refrigerator, both not ideal for a peaceful night
When we arrived I was asked for my credit Card. After they charged the card, they realized that they made a mistake as they had charged the card already at pre-booking. So they credited my card, but with the Canadian and US $ exchange resulted in currency exchange costs.They also left a dog charge of 25.00 not credited, but we had paid at pre-booking. These are small amounts but I didn't cause them, they did.
Back in Toronto I received my Credit Card Statement and noticed that the credit was missing.
I sent an e-mail to question the missing credit ---and weeks went by with no answer.
I sent 3 more follow up e-mails -- nothing. Finally I called and received an e-mail address for
Darshana Parekh, I was told that she operates in a managing position there.
She promptly responded to my e-mail and she fully understood and agreed to their mistake, except the credit never came. I sent her a copy of my statement, but she still insisted that she had processed the credit. After I asked her to check her Master Card records for proof it seems that it was not worth any further effort by her.
I guess her management skills are limited and at a level not suitable for maintaining a Hotel's good reputation and positive customer relation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Perrysburg Ohio is the area s newest all suite hotel conveniently located at the intersection of I-75 & US 20. If Perrysburg is your destination for business or pleasure our hotel is located near several of the areas biggest attractions including The University of Toledo, Bowling Green State University, Toledo Zoo, Mud Hens Stadium, Levis Commons, The Shoppes at Fallen Timbers and the Toledo Museum of Art . We are also conveniently located only 10 miles from downtown Toledo and the areas major airport hub Toledo Express (TOL) and Detroit Metro (DTW) Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen and free high-speed Internet access . Check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the comfortable recliner while you enjoy the CD & DVD players. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit the Candlewood Cupboard where you can pick a variety of foods, beverages and even toiletry items. Whether your trip is for business or pleasure Stay with the Best at the Candlewood Suites, Perrysburg OH! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Perrysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Perrysburg Hotel Perrysburg
- Candlewood Suites Perrysburg Ohio