“Not to be overlooked!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Perrysburg
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Not to be overlooked!!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

First of all the people who answer the phone are cheery and extremely helpful. I used to stay at another hotel when I would visit Perrysburg but the last time was not a good stay so I decided to try the Candlewood Suites. This hotel is pet friendly with a reasonable pet fee. There is a nice area off to the side of the hotel where you can run your dog and allow him/her to do their business. The accomodations are quite nice. There is a gym with all equipment in good working ordered. The lobby is very clean and nicely decorated. My room was great and the bed was exceptional!! The bed is always the most important part of my stay in any hotel. The bed determines how well a person sleep and I slept very well during my stay there.

But I have to say that the sweetest thing was the gift bag waiting for me upon my arrival. The bag was filled with small snacks, water and a few items with the hotel's name. That was really a nice thing to do. I know that I will be back. AND, I will start looking at the Candlewood Suites in other areas as I travel.

Room Tip: I doubt very much that there is a bad room in this hotel. I walked through the entire place and got...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Nice stay at this Candlewood.
Checked in fast and friendly by Stephanie.
The room was nice and appeared to be very clean.
Quite and comfortable bed.
They offer a lot for the price.
There is everything conveniently located at this exit.
Easy decision to stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spent a week at this location on company business.

Good things... Location is good, located near several restaurants, grocery stores, and other shopping. Convenient access to freeway. I thought the staff was pretty good overall, friendly, easy to work with. Internet access was reasonably good, decent tv selection, plus typical Candlewood amenities such as free washer/dryer, self service store with beverages and light snacks, and a modest lobby. The room also had a recliner, full size fridge, hot plate, and microwave.

Bad things... The room I got was a studio, with a queen bed (feels more like a twin). First thing I noticed when checking into my room was a major series of scratches / gouges in the vinyl flooring of the kitchen area which were very unsightly. Made me wonder how clean the room was. HVAC system has an occupancy detector so when you leave the room the AC goes off so when I came back my first day, the room didn't smell all that great as it was hotter and humid outside. The thermostat seems to have a mind of it's own, hard to get it set quite right at times. Candlewood seems to keep shrinking their studio suites, this one I really would not recommend for more than one person. On the side opposite of the recliner, there's about 8" space to the wall.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side (opposite of the lobby) tend to be quieter, rooms on lobby side face freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Perrysburg, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear MikeM17,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of staff service, amenities and the location of the hotel. It is regrettable to hear that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to the quality of your studio suite. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Waynesville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent one night here moving our son to UT. The hotel was what I've come to expect with Candlewood. Clean suite, exercise room, business center and well stocked cupboard and staff was friendly. I don't generally use the kitchen facilities, but I enjoy having the extra room. I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Gladwin, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Own our trip south we called ahead and booked a room at Candlewood. It was our first time staying with this chain. During our call we told the clerk we had a pet. She quoted our price with the $25 pet fee , much to our surprise, all the other hotel we have stayed at usually do not charge extra. However, we were moving and was to tired to find another hotel that excepted pets, so we prepaid. When we arrived, around 8PM, the clerk was no where to be found. I called out several times hoping someone was there. After about ten minutes the girl we had spoke with, finally came out of the back. As she was registering us, she handed me a paper to sign with the price we had paid and another form to state we were aware of the pet fee, I checked we had a pet and understood we had to pay the fee. We were very much surprised when we discovered we were charged for the pet fee twice. The hotel was clean and the room was comfortable except the water pressure in the shower was weak. . They do not serve breakfast , nor do they have a pool. The price I paid was much higher then other hotels that are much nicer and have better amenities. I will never again stay at a Candlewood . Not a very good value. Plus I was overcharged and have not been able to get a refund.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Perrysburg, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Anita M,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Perrysburg.

Zelyn N
Mississauga
Reviewed 1 July 2013

To arrive at our 5 week Florida house rental in Venice we had 2 stop-over nights at Hotels and 2 nights at Hotels en route back to Toronto. All hotels were booked ahead of time and all of them worked out well where we wood stay again on our next travels. The exception was Candlewood Suites in Perrysburg, Ohio which left a sour note with us and we will avoid this hotel chain in the future.
Again, we had booked ahead and accepted the higher than usual rates, assuming that a suite should perhaps be better value.
Our room turned out to be just regular size compared with other Hotel rooms. There was a cooking stove and a large refrigerator, pots, cutlery and dishes which are nice for a longer stay, but of no use for an overnight stay.
Breakfast was not offered in the morning so we had to drive to a near-by restaurant.
For the queen- size bed there was barely room to squeeze by the wall of the washroom on one side, not convenient at all.
The windows are not meant to open for fresh air and we had to make do with the heating-cooling air circulation unit and fan noise. Further noise came from the refrigerator, both not ideal for a peaceful night
When we arrived I was asked for my credit Card. After they charged the card, they realized that they made a mistake as they had charged the card already at pre-booking. So they credited my card, but with the Canadian and US $ exchange resulted in currency exchange costs.They also left a dog charge of 25.00 not credited, but we had paid at pre-booking. These are small amounts but I didn't cause them, they did.
Back in Toronto I received my Credit Card Statement and noticed that the credit was missing.
I sent an e-mail to question the missing credit ---and weeks went by with no answer.
I sent 3 more follow up e-mails -- nothing. Finally I called and received an e-mail address for
Darshana Parekh, I was told that she operates in a managing position there.
She promptly responded to my e-mail and she fully understood and agreed to their mistake, except the credit never came. I sent her a copy of my statement, but she still insisted that she had processed the credit. After I asked her to check her Master Card records for proof it seems that it was not worth any further effort by her.
I guess her management skills are limited and at a level not suitable for maintaining a Hotel's good reputation and positive customer relation.

Room Tip: windows cannot be opened therefore you have to make due with AC-heat and or fan air circulation..
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Heider.mr F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Perrysburg, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Heider.mr F

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are truly sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We also regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received.

I have taken note of your comments regarding the level of service you received and this will be discussed with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
North Liberty, Iowa, USA
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Large room and very clean. However, these are more geared towards longer term stays as there is no swimming pool nor is there any breakfast facilities. All rooms are set with refrig, microwave, stove, dishwasher and even tableware and silverware. Good size bathrooms and nice work (desk) area and lounging areas in each room. Comfortable beds. Very clean. Long term stays have less frequent room service.

• Stayed March 2013