“Hidden gem!!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by the Mendez Family since 2010, Cocina de Carlos (Carlos' Kitchen) serves a fresh style of Mexican Cuisine.
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Great food great service (thank you Fernando!) had the Don Charly as recommended and no regrets! Don Charly is a grilled 1/2 pineapple with a fajita-like mix of meats and veggies and of course grilled pineapple - delicious!!! Would definitely recommend!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This restaurant used to bhe the OK Patron, although they moved just around the corner. The chef is the same...and he is excellent. I had the shrimp fajitas and Bill had the beef and chicken fajitas. My shrimp were not overcooked! It is rare that the shrimp is succulent yet cooked through. And, they put 3 fresh shrimp, still in their shells and perfectly cooked, right on top of the dish. Now, about all of the other goodies. The chips were crisp and fresh. The salsa was nothing special, but acceptable. The margaritas, both the Mexican style and the Texas style were both excellent. The Texas style is a bit sweeter for American tastes. The rice and guacamole were pretty typical of any good Mexican restaurant. Bill's beef and chicken were tender and also flavorful. I also enjoyed all of the vegies because I think they use a good fajita spice mix. If we are ever back in the area, we would definitely return.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

With all the mexican restaurants in the area they really have to step it up especially since they are hidden in the back of a plaza. Salsa is ok, needs cilantro and garlic, food is ok but not sensational, price is average. Drinks are a little on th3 sweet side but I guess alot of people like it that way.

1  Thank Dtestworkin
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Friday with the family. Seated right away, friendly hostess. Had a margarita, was a little strong and they left off the salt. Split fajitas with my daughter and asked for light veggies and double rice. Neither request was honored but I had eaten south chips and salsa that I did not complain. Not really enough for two. Fajitas were very good though. Hubby got a combo and like it as well. One child had chicken nuggets- stick with Mexican food here. They looked burnt and yucky. Would go back and eat the fajitas by myself.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I really wanted to like this place. My husband and I usually go to Tekela's and love it...but we wanted to try something new. We had the worse service I've ever had in a restaurant. It was a Friday night, so I tried to cut them some slack. But from when we got seated....it was over 15 minutes before someone came over and asked if we had been helped. My husband had said two minutes before that if someone didn't come in the next five minutes, we were leaving. I asked our waiter what the woman next to us was having and he just said "I don't know...I don't usually work here...I'm trying to help out my cousin, but I'm on vacation". So, we tried to understand. But he NEVER came back to ask if we wanted more drinks or chips, or water. Someone else brought our meals out and I asked them if I could have some shredded cheese on the side. That took another 10 minutes to get and even then they brought out queso dip. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, I started eating my cold fajitas (because I had to wait so long for the cheese) and two bites into the second one was a long black hair. Now I know it wasn't mine because I'm blonde! That was it for us. We had decided we weren't going back. The ladies at the table next to us mentioned on the way out "it's just OK....but it's no Casa Barron's". And the table diagonal from us walked out right in front of us and we heard the woman say..."that's ridiculous..an hour and a half wait for food......I'm never coming back". I wanted to say...I agree!