“Excellent place for Mexican!”
Review of Cocina de Carlos

Cocina de Carlos
Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by the Mendez Family since 2010, Cocina de Carlos (Carlos' Kitchen) serves a fresh style of Mexican Cuisine.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stopped here on our way back from Toledo and so glad we did! 3 of us had the seafood fajitas and they were excellent, The seafood(shrimp, scallops, and tilapia) were grilled to perfection..have eaten at many Mexican restaurants and have never had so much seafood in the the fajitas for the price! Guacamole was fantastic! Could have made a meal of just chips, salsa, and guac! The other person in our party had the enchiladas and said they were wonderful! We also tried the Texan Margaritas..they were a little pricey for the pitcher but the Friday and Saturday night special of $5.00 off pitchers helped..and they were very good. Not mixey tasting.! This is a great place..a little hidden behind Krogers but close enough to I-75 that you can easily stop for dinner without losing too much time! We will definately be back...too many yummy things still on the menu to try:)

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Great food great service (thank you Fernando!) had the Don Charly as recommended and no regrets! Don Charly is a grilled 1/2 pineapple with a fajita-like mix of meats and veggies and of course grilled pineapple - delicious!!! Would definitely recommend!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This restaurant used to bhe the OK Patron, although they moved just around the corner. The chef is the same...and he is excellent. I had the shrimp fajitas and Bill had the beef and chicken fajitas. My shrimp were not overcooked! It is rare that the shrimp is succulent yet cooked through. And, they put 3 fresh shrimp, still in their shells and perfectly cooked, right on top of the dish. Now, about all of the other goodies. The chips were crisp and fresh. The salsa was nothing special, but acceptable. The margaritas, both the Mexican style and the Texas style were both excellent. The Texas style is a bit sweeter for American tastes. The rice and guacamole were pretty typical of any good Mexican restaurant. Bill's beef and chicken were tender and also flavorful. I also enjoyed all of the vegies because I think they use a good fajita spice mix. If we are ever back in the area, we would definitely return.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

With all the mexican restaurants in the area they really have to step it up especially since they are hidden in the back of a plaza. Salsa is ok, needs cilantro and garlic, food is ok but not sensational, price is average. Drinks are a little on th3 sweet side but I guess alot of people like it that way.

1  Thank Dtestworkin
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on a Friday with the family. Seated right away, friendly hostess. Had a margarita, was a little strong and they left off the salt. Split fajitas with my daughter and asked for light veggies and double rice. Neither request was honored but I had eaten south chips and salsa that I did not complain. Not really enough for two. Fajitas were very good though. Hubby got a combo and like it as well. One child had chicken nuggets- stick with Mexican food here. They looked burnt and yucky. Would go back and eat the fajitas by myself.