“A Perrysburg favorite”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Owned and operated by the Mendez Family since 2010, Cocina de Carlos (Carlos' Kitchen) serves a fresh style of Mexican Cuisine.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We happen through Perrysburg twice a year and we make this restaurant a regular stop.

In the last year the restaurant's moved and changed its name (to the now "Cocina de Carlos"). The new location has a nicer decor and is an easier drive.

Our most recent visit was Sunday Apr27. We got to the restaurant at 8:15pm and were seat immediately. There were probably 5-6 other tables seated and they seemed busy (for a Sunday evening in particular).

Service was prompt. Chips and salsa were brought to the table promptly and our drink order was taken and filled in short order.

We ordered the Carnitas a la Mexicana (me) and the Tequila Chicken (wife). Both were brought to the table in due time and were simply excellent.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you're looking for Mexican you can fix the way you want it, I highly suggest going here. They have an amazing buffet which always looks nice and clean. The food is always hot and they have great big Mexican taco salad shells which are homemade too. It's approx 10-12 a person but it's really good. Their chips and salsa is great too.

1  Thank FSUPRGRL
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I wish that we could give a good review, but this restaurant decided to delete any possible good review. My pregnant wife and I decided to spend some hard earned money at this restaurant, but unfortunately they decided to close 37 minutes early this past Sunday. If you advertise to be open until 9pm on a Sunday, you had better make sure that you are open until 9... We showed up at 8:23 and we were greeted by a served that informed us that Carlos closed the restaurant early due to lack of business... Consider it a self fulfilling prophesy... We don't patronage restaurants that can't live up to at a minimum advertised hours and I can't think of any reason to be back.... It's sad because the food is good...

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have eaten here several times. We love the vegan and vegetarian options. We went back today and had a waitress who was a mess. We waited almost 25 minutes for water. We ordered drinks and they were wrong. Our meals came, one was wrong instantly, because it had a topping to which my husband is allergic. The food came back a second time and the interior of the meal was wrong. The third time it was right, but our waitress was beyond rude at this point. I was already done eating. She asked if I wanted a box and she came back, tossed it at me and said have a good day.

We never got napkins or straws. We didn't get refills on water. Finally, the owner approached us. We complained and he said "well the food is good, right?" Then he continued to say that as long as the food is good, it shouldn't matter what the service is like. After all of that, the owner was icy as he gave us the check and said goodbye.

Part of good food is good service. I understand sometimes things happens. But under-trained staff is the owner or managers responsibility. Failing to at least apologize for this and acting like we should be grateful that the food was at least good isn't the way to build repeat business.

The food is good, so give it a go if you want, but be aware that the service may be terrible and the owner just doesn't care.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We've searched and searched in this area for a real Mexican restaurant and after 11+ years, we finally have found it. The service was fast, armed with chips and salsa as we sat down. I had the Fajones, steak and chicken fajitas over rice and cheese with cilantro. Wonderful. The steak was a little tough but it didn't matter, everything with it made up for it. My husband had a taco and 2 burritos and raved, too. No room for dessert but we left as happy campers. We will be back to try new things.