“Historic, Beautiful Grounds, Take a walk in the woods.”
Review of The 577 Foundation

The 577 Foundation
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Perrysburg
St. James City FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Historic, Beautiful Grounds, Take a walk in the woods.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Little known gem on the banks of the Maumee River. We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon walking the grounds, exploring the history, and admiring the buildings and plantings. Close to the heart of downtown Perrysburg, so get lunch before or after your visit. Nice place!

Visited September 2013

Perrysburg, Ohio
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A magnificent gift to the community”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The story behind this Foundation is just as interesting as the place. Classes, gardens, history, used book store, honey bee farm, an original log cabin, and art plus a trail to the scenic river are some of the offerings of this incredible place. Don't miss it!

Visited August 2013
Bowling Green
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nature Lover”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is a wonderful for people of all ages to visit. The gardens are wonderful, and there is a play area for children. Although I've never attended any of the workshops there, I'm sure they're very good. I just went to take a stroll through the grounds so I saw it in summer. I hope to return to see it during the other seasons.

Visited August 2013
Burton, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something for everyone!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

A beautiful place for nature lovers! We so enjoyed walking the property and discovering all it had to offer. There truly was something for everyone!

Visited July 2013
Webberville, Michigan
“Must see for all ages!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We 3 ladies visited the 577 Foundation on 7-12-2013. I chose this destination because of the Geodesic Dome and Botanical gardens full of flora and fauna and their used bookstore. (We donated for the tour and 2 Hardcover/2 paperbacks I needed for my favorite author collections-they were pristine!) The other girls took a hike to the river, but did report they wish they had taken some mosquito repellant with them, but were happy to have seen all the trees and plants, some very different from what we are used to in MI. I asked the volunteer couple in the main garden what the strange green stalked plant with the pickered ball on top was, in the front garden. Being new to the facility, they didn’t know, but they referred me to the seasoned expert in the book store. He knew the name and shared it with us. This attraction was well worth the visit! I wish we had timed it to include the cooking lessons, which are available here.

Visited July 2013