“nice place to stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Canal Winchester
“nice place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped for one night on our way north. We had a double or suite room which is essentially an adjoining room where one is set up as a sitting room and the other is a bedroom. This allows for 2 baths and a place to sit outside the bedroom. Ideal for hubby and I who are on opposite sleep schedules. Desk/work areas have charging stations (4 plug outlets) right on the desk top for easy access to charge all your toys). Hotel is clean and quiet. Staff friendly and breakfast area tidy and well stocked.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tarpon Springs, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This our 2nd stay at a LQ. Our first stay was at a LQ in Dalton, GA the night before and they set the bar high. This was a let down compared to the other. While the staff was friendly the hotel needs some major TLC. The linens and bathroom were clean but the floors need a shampooing and the tile floor needs a good scrub. Other area of the hotel need a good cleaning too like the stairwells and the vending and laundry rooms. Plus every area of the hotel I was in smells of cigarette smoke.

The breakfast is labeled as "Expanded Hot Buffet" but the only thing hot was the made to order waffles. While the other LQ we stayed had scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy.

Overall I was really impressed with LQ in Dalton, GA the night before and left disappointed with the LQ in Perrysburg, OH.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DDSquare
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on June 13 and 14 with our border collie/lab mix. Every staff member was gracious and friendly. They even upgraded us without us asking upon arrival. Very clean! Bed was very comfy, bathroom spotless. Breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: Request a room away from highway for a quiet stay.
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Since I was traveling with a pet this trip, I stayed at several different La Quinta Inns. All have been pretty good but I have to say at this one was the best. The front desk people were friendly, the place was really clean, the breakfast was fine, and the area seemed safe. It has good access to I-80/I-90. Fairly close by are restaurants and a grocery store. If I'm in the area again, I would stay at this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We didn't check the whole room immediately so it was after we were settled in for the night that we learned the TV didn't work. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked well. It was clean and did not smell of smoke. The staff was friendly and would have moved us to another room if we had wanted. There was a good, varied breakfast but it was not available until 7 am so some early risers may choose to leave before breakfast. There is road noise if you are in the odd numbered rooms. The wifi worked well and was easy to connect.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room for a quieter night.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

LaQuinta hotels are always friendly, clean and worth the money....only thing I would like to see is a variety on the breakfast buffet....always the same items...Get their credit card..it really adds up quickly for free stays

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the first time I stayed at a La Quinta property and I was really impressed. I am moving cross country with my cats so had to book pet friendly properties. It's located right off the freeway with many restaurants and shopping centers nearby for food and supplies. They upgraded me to a suite since I'm a rewards member so make sure you book with La Quinta directly. The room was large and really clean and comfortable; one room has no bed but a couch, desk, and fridge and microwave. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They have fruit, cereal, breads, hard boiled eggs, and make your own waffles for breakfast. The bed was comfortable, the water pressure great, and again it was so clean, which is a must for me. No mold in the shower or leftover hair from previous guests. My only comment would be that my nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. I was at the far end of the hall from the few smoking rooms and they turned the hallway fan on across from my room, but I guess it's hard to get rid of cigarette smoke. I'm glad I had some Febreze and could open the window. However, they are going to remodel and make it a 100% nonsmoking facility soon. I am staying in 2 more La Quintas on this trip and hope they live up to this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo