“Excellent local restaurant”

Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Swig Restaurant in Perrysburg, Ohio offers hand-made & in-house charcuterie that illustrates the care and effort that goes into every one of our eats. Offering rotating beers on tap and live music on the outdoor patio. All of our food is hand crafted. Meaning We grind, season, stuff, smoke, and just do it up. From classics like the Coney and Chicago Dog, to unique items like the Gyro Sausage and Frankenstein Wings - Swig makes sure to appeal to a wide variety of tastes, from those looking for comfort food, or true gastropub fare.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great place for outdoor dining in season. Awesome salads and burgers! Live entertainment every week. Inside dining is small and more like a bar setting. But all in all, great food, great service and great value for the quality of food.

1  Thank Plyons51

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is by far the best restaurant we tried during our three days in Perrysburg! Fantastic home made onion rings to share with a pint of great fresh craft draft beer. Had a great roast beef sandwich on what had to be a bun made in house. Will definitely return on our next trip! Our server was friendly and actually drew us a map to get us to a store after dinner.

1  Thank ALM1
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I joined another couple for lunch at Swig last Sunday. I knew this would be a hit because of their great beer selection! We sat at the bar and and ordered a small flight of beers to help us choose a pint. Then we had onion rings and pretzels with beer cheese dip.
The onion rings were super crunchy and we liked the beer cheese dip too. Then we shared the fish & chips with an extra side of sweet potato fries. The fish was thin and crispy and the tarter sauce and ketchup were obviously made in house. Nice! I wasn't crazy about the sweet potato fries because they weren't crispy but the sauce they serve with it was delish!
The portions here are great and we'll definately go back. Keep up the good work Swig!

2  Thank kathybruceToledo
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The food was great. We had the beer cheese and it was wonderful but I guess I was expecting homemade pretzels and they weren't. I had the Cleveland dog and it was yummy, the dog is a casing dog which is a bonus. My husband had the spicy garlic parm chicken chunks and I thought the sauce was better than any sauce at a large chain. The only problem was the service, it was sub par. There were multiple times we looked around and there wasn't a single employee in sight. It wasn't like it was a minute or two that there was no one in sight, at one time everyone was gone for about 5 minutes. We will go back because the food was so good and the menu so different but I now know that next time we will include extra time due to the lack of decent service. This rating was on the food alone, if I had included the service I would have only given it a 2.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Swig was the first restaurant we tried in Perrysburg, and it will be tough to beat. I ordered the Chicago Dog and you could feel the dog snap as you bite into it (a mark of an excellent hot dog). The pulled pork was tender and sweet but hard to eat with your hands; no worries as it was quickly devoured. You can taste how fresh the french fries are, and they don't disappoint. We dipped our fries into the sweet BBQ sauce and slowly melted into a food coma.

We arrived around 6:30pm on a Friday night, and only had to wait about 15 minutes. The best part was while you waited you could order a beer to pass the time.

This restaurant is a COMPLETE RECOMMENDATION. You will not be disappointed!