“Great romantic getaway!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Great romantic getaway!”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I spent two nights in the pool suite for our 30th anniversary celebration. This hotel is located within an industrial park, right off the highway. In spite of the odd location, it is a lovely, quiet place with surprising amenities. Our suite had it's own private pool, sauna, hot tub, and a huge walk-in shower. There is a lot to do in the area (don't miss beautiful, historic Perrysburg), but you probably won't ever want to leave your suite! The only downside was the "European catered breakfast", which consisted of a couple of muffins from Costco, a pot of weak coffee, and two little plastic bottles of orange juice. Overall, a great place for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MillieK900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Just got back from Belamere Suites and have to say it is as good and maybe a little better than advertised. My wife and I stayed in a Royal Suite; a two floor room complete with its own swimming pool, sauna, and whirlpool tub. I will get the only real negative out of the way which is that it is a bit pricey. I am not saying it can't be worth it, it's just not priced like staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

Check in was a pleasant and an easy experience. Friendly staff checked us in and pointed us to our room. They insisted on the hotel being a 24 hour, full service hotel, and to call if we needed anything at anytime. I found this to be the case throughout our stay. When we called, they responded. We didn't put a high demand on it or anything, but the service we received was excellent.

We drove into the private garage and walked into the room. The pool was nice to see upon entry, as was the L.E.D. lighting and sound system. It is a large room as far as rooms go, high ceiling and lighting at any level you want.

Up the stairs was the whirlpool tub, rather large, the 2 person slate shower, and the bedroom with a fireplace and good sized TV over the bed.

The room was completely clean and looked to be kept in very good care. It was great to be able to completly control the lighting throughout the entire room. There are no windows so this creates a feeling of complete privacy rarely afforded these days.

I also have to add that the surrounding area, including the shopping center across the street and the downtown Perrysburg area was a great suprise and experience. There are a ton of shops and even more restaurants to pick from between the two. I am not suggesting to spend a lot of time out of the room, just saying that the trip to dinner was well worth it. We ate at the Rose & Thistle in downtown Perrysburg and had an excellent dinner.

Anyway, back to the Belamere. We had an amazing experience. The place absolutely lived up to its billing. The Royal Suite we stayed in was an experience, not just a hotel room. Having your own private indoor pool is pretty cool! If you get the chance I do not think you will be dissapointed at this place.

Room Tip: Go for the Royal Suite!
3 Thank Gozips95
michigan
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Presidential Suite for our 5th anniversary. Wow, it was amazing. The suites was everything I hoped for. The receptionist was very friendly, and helpful. The suite was decorated just how I asked, nice touch!. It was so very relaxing from the beds, to the jacuzzi, to the pool. The suites really made me feel I was on an extended vacation. The breakfast was a nice touch. They have all the ammenties you could think of. Across the street was a outdoor shopping center. It was nice to walk around, and shop, catch a movie, and eat at really nice restaurants. I can't wait to tell my friends, and sneek back soon.

Thanks Belamere!

1 Thank MichiganLoni
Bridgeport, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The Presidential suite at Belamere was the most relaxing place. We spent our 25th anniversary here. It is a hidden retreat that offered a quiet, peaceful getaway with all the ammenities imaginable. The staff was amazing, when we called for anything they were at our door within 5 minutes. A definite place to visit again, worth every penny.

Room Tip: Presidential suite was worth the extra price-private pool-amazing.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My wife and I just made a trip to Belamere Suites for an early celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary. I must admit that even after reading the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor, I was getting a little nervous about where this was when driving through the industrial warehouses we passed to get there. Once there, all fears were relived.

The staff was excellent on check-in and my wife and I both agreed that we'd never stayed in a nicer, or cleaner, room. We booked the Royal Suite with the pool and sauna and it was definitely worth the extra money. We were really amazed at the room and frankly I was a little surprised that it looked even better than it did in the pictures and videos on the website. When you both work and have kids, it's hard to put a price on true alone time with no outside interruptions and that's exactly what we had ... luxurious solitude.

We purchased the anniversary package that included a gift certificate for dinner at the Rose & Thistle. The only thing that went wrong on our entire trip was that the Rose & Thistle did not have our reservation and was booked up for the evening when we arrived. They blamed it on Belamere, but given the fact that I had personally made a reservation online before Belamere offered to do it for us and got no response from Rose & Thistle, I'm betting that the restaurant screwed up. Belamere had also called to confirm the reservation that same afternoon and were told that it was fine. We were a little disappointed to not be able to eat at Rose & Thistle because it looked very quaint and we prefer great local restaurants to chains any day. We returned to the desk and the Belamere staff was very helpful and apologetic and offered to make us a reservation at Biaggi's instead and it was very good.

There are lots of things to do across the way at a small mall, but frankly you won't want to leave your suite anyway.

If you're looking for a romantic retreat, a great staff and rooms unlike any you've ever seen, we highly recommend Belamere Suites for a special time. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Two thumbs up for the Royal Suite and your own pool!
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and I decided to stay one evening in the Jacuzzi Suite for our 5th anniversary. The receptionists were very friendly and the room was amazing and set up how I asked. We also had a delicious dinner and shopped around without having to travel too far and getting lost. I truly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2012
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My fiance decided to treat me to a stay here at the Belamere Suites for our 7 year dating anniversary. The place was amazing and I couldn't get over the size of the room. He booked the anniversary package and as promised the room had the rose petals on the bed and the candles were already lit. It made for a very romantic setting.

Our plan was to stay here after going to the new Hollywood Casino in Toledo, and I'm glad we did. We also had a nice dinner at Biaggi's since that's where we decided to get our gift card from as part of the package. The jacuzzi was wonderful as we got to enjoy each other's company. It's definitely a couples only place and we took advantage of the romance we were feeling for each other :). Upon check out, we decided to have our picture taken and one of the front staff was nice enough to give us a tour of one of the Royal suites. I'm definitely going to book either that or a Presidential suite for our next stay.

They have found a new satisified returning customer.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple