“Just South of Toledo, A Nice Mexican Restaurant in Perrysburg” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 114 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Just South of Toledo, A Nice Mexican Restaurant in Perrysburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We've driven past this location many times driving between Toledo and Bowling Green. Our favorite Mexican restaurant, Abuelos, closed in Toledo a year ago. Te'kela may well be a great substitute for our favorite when we are in Toledo area. My wife and I both had the fish tacos. Very nicely grilled. The lime rice was excellent. The chips and salsa was delicious. Restaurant often has a wait. We were seated immediately for a late lunch. Waitress was very good. Attentive and efficient. Lots to choose from. We will be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

perrysburg
“Much improved service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Been here many times. Mainly bar area service issues in past. This week it was great! Double-teaming of bartender and waitress awesome. Great half off margs (platinums) and apps-dip sampler and chicken Tinga.

sheffield Ohio
“disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We heard that this place was great and finally got around to checking it out. We were seated right away, the server was very nice and took our drink and appetizer order right away. I ordered a house margarita in peach. It was watered down. And did not have much of a peach flavor which was disappointing. The chips were average, we got the chorizo queso dip. There was hardly any meat in it and the cheese was very bland like some sort of American cheese. I ordered beef chimichangas and my husband ordered the fajitas.Both came out hot and fresh but there was some sort of nasty spice in both our dishes that we did not care for. It tainted the entrees! I was looking forward to some guacamole and their version was really sweet! I don't want sugar in my guacamole! Probably will not return. The prices were a bit high for Mexican food.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Holy Guacamole!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Worth the wait here. They make fresh guacamole for each order but suggest getting it during happy hour. I had the Chile rellenos dinner and they were fantastic. Couldn't try the margaritas since I was driving, but plan on going back!!

Perrysburg, Ohio
“Nice variety of tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

You can choose from a variety of tacos, enchildas and other Mexican fare. I enjoy the shrimp, veggie tacos and the avocado enchiladas. My only complaints would be that it's not well-lit and difficult for reading the menu and their servers need to be trained better. I have been there many times and had to wait for my glass to be refilled and they just don't seem to friendly. But good food!

Visited May 2014